Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Federal Reserve Police Officers Out There .

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Federal Reserve Police Officers Out There .

I was wondering if any one had information about the Federal Reserve Police ?
    STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING .

Yes. They are not federal employees (with the exception of DC hqs) and do not attend the FLETC mixed basic police training program.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Ok well where is their police academy located and what is the scope of their auothority ?
      STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING .

Comment

I believe their academy is in Atlanta. It's only 4 to 6 weeks long. Their scope of authority is equivalent to a security guard. I actually went to the Fed today, and talked to a few officers there. The bad part is, if you're certified in Florida, that job will not activate your certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by FUTURE FL LEO
          I believe their academy is in Atlanta. It's only 4 to 6 weeks long. Their scope of authority is equivalent to a security guard. I actually went to the Fed today, and talked to a few officers there. The bad part is, if you're certified in Florida, that job will not activate your certificate.

Why would a federal job activate your florida cert? Its 2 different jurisdictions and authorities.

They do not have an academy but they do run a school in Atlanta but not everyone goes there. They run alot of in house training. They recieve there authority from the patriot act. There authority much like most federal officers have limited police authority.

Comment

Technically, it's not a federal job. That is the misconception most people have just because it has the word "Federal" in it. The Federal Reserve Bank is a private company, much like any other bank. It's basically the same as working as a security guard at any other corporation, only difference is they call themselves a "police dept." They told me that they are trying to get Florida to recognize them for certification, but I wouldn't hold my breath. What do you consider the difference between an academy and a school?
            Last edited by FUTURE FL LEO; 08-24-2005, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FUTURE FL LEO
              Technically, it's not a federal job. That is the misconception most people have just because it has the word "Federal" in it. The Federal Reserve Bank is a private company, much like any other bank. It's basically the same as working as a security guard at any other corporation, only difference is they call themselves a "police dept." They told me that they are trying to get Florida to recognize them for certification, but I wouldn't hold my breath. What do you consider the difference between an academy and a school?

No its a federal corporation much like the USPS and Amtrak with the HQ's staff as federal employees and appointees. There is still no reason for them to activate a Florida cert because you would still need to learn federal laws. Yes they are police officers and have the authority to arrest under the patroit act something security guards do not have.

Do I think there is a difference between an academy and school. Yes I do belive there is a difference in the way a the cirriculum is taught which is the biggest difference.

Comment

I've been told by the folks at the FRB that the FRB HQ is considered Federal through the Board of Governors however, the banks themselves are private as are the "police" force with powers granted through the Patriot Act...

The training consists (at least in the 12th District) of 32 hours of in house training...... The training is not recognized by FLETC.

Interesting reading:

http://www.uaw.org/publications/jobs...800/jpe03.html

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0

Do I think there is a difference between an academy and school. Yes I do belive there is a difference in the way a the cirriculum is taught which is the biggest difference.
                ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
                -- John Wayne

Comment

Federal Reserve LE Detroit Office

Hey out there, I just had my interview for the the Detroit office and hopefully im selected. I am currently a DA Police officer. Is there any Federal Reserve Officers out there from the Detroit Office that I could talk with to get the "skinny" on the job.

Thanks.
                  Rev. James Chambers, OKY
                  Police Chaplain

Comment

• compliance1985
                    compliance1985 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    did you ever get into the detroit branch?

Try doing some searching--there have been threads on this topic before, but I don't remember where I saw them.

Comment

Federal Reserve Police Officer

Originally posted by fedcopma2 View Post
                    Hey out there, I just had my interview for the the Detroit office and hopefully im selected. I am currently a DA Police officer. Is there any Federal Reserve Officers out there from the Detroit Office that I could talk with to get the "skinny" on the job.

Thanks.
                    Did they tell you if the academy they send you to will make you a certified police officer?

Comment

Detroit Fed Res

The only thing they told me was that the Academy was FLETA accredited. But due to me already being a 0083 Police Officer from DA and 9 years military police that I may not have to do the whole thing. I understand that know the Fed now has a central academy in Atlanta, GA that is FLETA accredited. But I may be wrong.
                      Rev. James Chambers, OKY
                      Police Chaplain

Comment

A friend of mine with the Federal Reserve Police here in Omaha said they are down sizing and moving all of the Omaha staff to other places. He said they were closing the Reserve in the next few months in Omaha and a few other places.
                        Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

F.r.p.

So how much money do they make a year?

Comment

Are federal police real police officers with a 0083 title?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3370 users online. 214 members and 3156 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X