300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police britality

Not being anti-LE or anything just thought this was a disturbing vid of how some police used to be years ago. http://members.home.nl/tilder/protesters.WMV

I refuse to see the brutality. I see a bunch of Protesters blocking the passage of customers to a lawful business and in unlawful assembly. I see pain compliance used to people being passively resistant which is well within my departments policies.

I see their actions as totally just.

Comment

Maybe yes, maybe no. Its impossible to understand these complex situations from watching one obviously biased video.
      All I know is the part when the guys arms breaks makes me cringe.

Comment

With all due sympathy for the broken arm, if he hadn't been so "brital" maybe it wouldn't have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken K
          With all due sympathy for the broken arm, if he hadn't been so "brital" maybe it wouldn't have happened.
          Damn, you beat me to it
          What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

Just some propaganda, you are seeing only what the video makers want you to see.

One of my favorite riot videos is http://team-livewire.net/CaRTy/dccopriot.mov at the very end.

edit: actually, I should say I don't know anything about the events in the video you posted. I'm taking the video at face value.

Comment

To anyone who thinks these cops used excessive force, I offer a simple question: What would you have done?

I like how they made the nunchuks sound like nuclear weapons. Like a baton is much more safe than nunchucks. What idiots.
              You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Originally posted by COPS
                Not being anti-LE or anything just thought this was a disturbing vid of how some police used to be years ago. http://members.home.nl/tilder/protesters.WMV
                You aren't serious are you? If you are, your first block as a police officer is going to be a rude awakening.

If you CHOOSE to be a protester, and you refuse to comply with being ordered to leave, and then when the police phyically attempt to move you and you refuse to comply, bad things are going to happen.

At any point those protesters being "brutalized" could have stood up and walked away. That looked like a fairly controlled situation, no beating just some pain compliance. Again, buddy should stood up or drank more milk as a kid.

It would have been a little more fun if they walked in the centre of the crowd and dropped a couple CS canisters. Nothing like a good stampede!!!

Hmmmm... if they were the "rescuers", then who was coming to look at buddy's arm?

Comment

Originally posted by COPS
                  No matter what the cops did, right or wrong, most of the cops on this forum will defend their actions. You don't have a chance here. Give it up.
                  Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                    No matter what the cops did, right or wrong, most of the cops on this forum will defend their actions. You don't have a chance here. Give it up.
                    I don't think any of us can condemn or defend the actions of either group unless you were there. Protests can take on a life of their own. The protesters quite often seem to try and antagonize LE to provoke an over reaction. Perception of incidents will almost always be at odds between opposing parties.
                    Job description as told by an old timer: "Drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

Comment

I say I thought this was about British Cops since it says "britality"

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion44
                        To anyone who thinks these cops used excessive force, I offer a simple question: What would you have done?

I like how they made the nunchuks sound like nuclear weapons. Like a baton is much more safe than nunchucks. What idiots.

Exactly. Nunchucks, swords, knives, baseball bats, batons, guns, cars....they are all the same...they don't do a damn thing unless you use them agressively against someone.

I didn't see that in the vid. I saw chucks used not as they are designed to be used...but as a gripping tool...that is all. Simple pain compliance. Would have been less of an issue had tasers been available now wouldn't it?
                        An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Hell from what I saw seems like the force was reasonable and warranted. However the use and ownership of nunchuks in cali is illegal however I believe they have another name for them in the use of pain compliance. I have been stopped by police here in cali and have seen this device on the belts. Anyway the tape looked like a bunch of propaganda set to make the police look bad.
                          Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

It didn't look that brutal to me.

Comment

I agree with everyone else, no way was that police brutality. looked by the book to me. the little cs paintball gun would have worked good aswell.
                              The only thing I didn't like is that there were no K-9's.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5526 users online. 308 members and 5218 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X