300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Raises for Cops

Next contract, when you guys are looking for a raise, and the politicians say "There's no money in the budget..." at least you won't have to wonder about where all the money goes...

According to the Boston Globe, Congress just passed a new highway bill that includes 6,376 'pork barrel' projects. Among them:
    $5.9 million for a snow mobile trail in Vermont
    $2.75 million for the National Packard Museum in Ohio
    $223 million for a mile long bridge to serve an island in Alaska inhabited by 50 people....

And there's no money for Cops???
    The unions should be pitching a fit over stuff like this, but hardly anyone even knows...
    Good luck on your next contract..You are all worth every cent and much more
    10% of the cops do 90% of the work

First off all that money would disappear within a few years even given to sops. What then fire them?
    Money needs to come from local budgets not the feds.

TGY
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Tax dollars and everything always find a way to get to the wrong people. Last year my fuel tax went towards my province's premier's holiday rather than going towards fixing the roads and highways. I could really use that money now to get a wheel alignment for my car again. Our roads are a giant pot hole.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy
        First off all that money would disappear within a few years even given to sops. What then fire them?
        Money needs to come from local budgets not the feds.

TGY
        TGY,

Do you know anything about the $223 million bridge? Sounds interesting...
        Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
        Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

Unfortunately for us in the south, don't have a union. We are kinda on our when it comes to trying to get a raise. We get a cost of living raise every year along with a rise in insurance premiums to take it away. The best thing for me is that I work in the traffic unit and they give us take home cars and pay for the gas. That right there is good for me considering the cost in gas. Peace!

My Unit

Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Depart
          Highway Interdiction & Traffic Safety Unit

Taylor's Sports Products

Comment

Originally posted by HardBall
            $223 million for a mile long bridge to serve an island in Alaska inhabited by 50 people....
            Where is this?

Comment

It always amazes me that no matter what the politicians always find a way to raise their own saleries.

you should be thankful you all do not live in NY or CA 2 states where they would tax the air you breath if they could get away with it.

consider upstate NY taxed to the max to the point they are now in a catch-22.

The city of Rochester needs to hire more police officers but with property taxes already at the max, Industry leaving the area as fast as moving fans can take them Increasing taxes to pay for more cops will only accelerate the mass exodus of citizens and jobs already happening here. Meanwhile moral in the overworked PD gets lower-
              NY has taxed itself into its own death spiral for its communities.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak
                Where is this?
                IN ALASKA! haha jk I know what you mean
                In Memoriam:
                Cpl. Chad Wayne Powell
                USMC
                Killed in Action
                Fallujah, Iraq
                June 23, 2005

Comment

Reply to Mark

You're right Mark...But whats sucks is the money is there, it has to be there- they can't raise taxes any higher. And the money is there...It's just misappropriated (in my opinion)...
                  They could buy each of the 50 inhabitants of the Alaska island a boat and still have 222 million left over..
                  10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

Originally posted by CGPD4566
                    IN ALASKA! haha jk I know what you mean
                    Given that Alaska is about the size of all of the US east of the Mississippi, that doesn't narrow it down much.

We keep saying that if Texas doens't behave, we'll split in two and make Texas the third largest state.

Comment

Originally posted by HardBall
                      You're right Mark...But whats sucks is the money is there, it has to be there- they can't raise taxes any higher. And the money is there...It's just misappropriated (in my opinion)...
                      They could buy each of the 50 inhabitants of the Alaska island a boat and still have 222 million left over..
                      You know, in my village, they just spent billions of dollars getting us plumbing. They're spending billions more to build us a new runway (we already have one, but the FAA doesn't like it).

I did the math that they could give every man, woman, and child in the village 1/2 million dollars to move instead of doing the work, and they'd still save billions.

Comment

check out table 2 and 3 easy to see why residents from NY are fleeing to North carolina, Florida, Tenessee and elsewhere

I agree what has been posted about gov't waste to after all are not the feds still buying 500 dollar hammers from military contractors lol.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxfreedomday/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6306 users online. 336 members and 5970 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X