300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tasing a person holding onto a person

If you tase someone who's holding onto another person, will the electical current run through the person who initially gets tased and through the person who's being held on to?

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
    If you tase someone who's holding onto another person, will the electical current run through the person who initially gets tased and through the person who's being held on to?

no

..........and now for enough characters to make this a legitimate message *rollinghisyes*........
    An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Originally posted by zap
      no

..........and now for enough characters to make this a legitimate message *rollinghisyes*........
      How does it not do that? I have this little shocker thing that I bought off of TV many years ago that's supposed to be used to remove pain but instead I discovered that if you sit in a circle and everyone holds hands, and one person shocks their hand, the current goes through all the people. Why does that do that, but the taser can't?

Comment

The taser is designed to go from one point to the other... So if one barb is in the leg and the other is in the shoulder it will go through the whole body, which inturn will shock you if you are hanging onto the guy in the middle of that. If the barbs are in the back one on each shoulder the current will only travel across the back which means you can hook the guy up and not get tased in the process...
        Same goes if it was a touch tase... It would only be in that spot being touched, thus allowing you to handcuff while your buddy holds the taser trigger.

Your lil electrical thing is completely different then a taser...
        ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

The electricity from the taser seeks to complete the loop to ground.

Basically...it wants to go from prong A to prong B in the shortest most efficient path possible.

Therefore, if you have both prongs in your bad guy.....the current runs from one to the other.

There are various electrical principles and reasons why it will not bother someone holding the tasee....but just trust me....if you are holding a prong in each hand...we can hold you up to keep you from falling and it will not hurt us. On the other hand....you put about 50 people in a circle.... locking arms...and break the circle and give each end person a prong...and EVERYONE will feel the effects because it will go through each person seeking the ground....or the other prong.
          An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

That's a good explaination, Hutch.
            Much better than what my electronics teacher said when he tried to explain it.
            Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Now I am not an expert on this subject but I do believe if you take training clips for the taser gun and you hook one on Person A, and another on Person B and have a circle linking arms (DO NOT LINK PERSON A AND PERSON B TOGETHER, because that would create the shortest distance.) everyone in the group will get a shock.

I believe taser inc. has done like 100 people in a group and everyone has been hit.

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
                I believe taser inc. has done like 100 people in a group and everyone has been hit.
                Can you imagine working for a taser company? I wonder how much those guys make...
                Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

I see. That makes more sense. I was also reading that the Taser will still work even if one prong completely misses the subject. How does the Point A to Point B work then?

Also, I heard this weekend that the taser has no effect on pregnant women or people will a pacemaker. I'd think that a taser would have an even worser affect on those people. How can this be possible?

Comment

Also, I heard this weekend that the taser has no effect on pregnant women or people will a pacemaker. I'd think that a taser would have an even worser affect on those people. How can this be possible?

The taser gun only has .04 amps I do believe. And the pacemaker runs a little larger amp.

Comment

Also, I heard this weekend that the taser has no effect on pregnant women or people will a pacemaker.
                      I think whoever told you that is full of crap. It makes no logical sense.
                      My two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by letshearit4blue
                        I think whoever told you that is full of crap. It makes no logical sense.
                        My two cents.
                        No they guy that told me was an RCMP officer and I think I must have misheard something. I was a little bit inebriated at the time so that must have contributed too.

Comment

Maybe you misunderstood, as hard as that is to believe. If a taser is deployed on a pregnant person or a person with a pacemaker it will have no adverse effects. Meaning it would affect them like everyone else. AFAIK, no fetus has ever been harmed in a pregnant female utilizing the taser. I've only seen the taser deployed once on a pregnant female, and she and the fetus were fine afterwards.

Originally posted by toby101
                          The taser gun only has .04 amps I do believe. And the pacemaker runs a little larger amp.
                          I thought it was something like .26- hence the "26" in "M-26" and "X-26". If I'm wrong, where do they get the number 26?
                          You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion44
                            Maybe you misunderstood, as hard as that is to believe. If a taser is deployed on a pregnant person or a person with a pacemaker it will have no adverse effects. Meaning it would affect them like everyone else. AFAIK, no fetus has ever been harmed in a pregnant female utilizing the taser. I've only seen the taser deployed once on a pregnant female, and she and the fetus were fine afterwards.

I thought it was something like .26- hence the "26" in "M-26" and "X-26". If I'm wrong, where do they get the number 26?

I don't know; maybe they like how it sounds.

Comment

I was a little bit inebriated at the time so that must have contributed too.
                              lol, that never helps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5798 users online. 181 members and 5617 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X