300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont You Love It

Dont you love it: When you work Third shift patrol and on your days off when you try to go to bed at a normal time, you wake up at 02:30AM wide awake with nothing to do and it ruins your whole next day?

Dont you love it: When you work all night and get off at 07:00 AM and have to wake up and be in court by 11:00 AM because some kid wants to fight a speeding ticket and run you through the ringer?

Dont you love it: When you can barely keep your eyes open at work at 4 AM on a nice snowy winter night and then you get that "hot call" and you have to go and try to be tactically safe as you feel like a zombie?

Dont you love it? Lets hear it, what do we "love" about our job guys and gals....
    Vent some frustrations...

Id like to hear non-lawenforcement as well....
    Retired 02/01/13

Don't you love it, when after getting off of a 12 hour night shift, your sergeant needs you to stick around to talk to back office/administration, who wants you to go to finance, or personnell, but they aren't open for another two hours, then they are busy and it takes forever to take care of you, and before you know it, you don't have time to go to sleep.
    RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Last edited by MAD_MAX333; 12-23-2005, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Anybody that agrees to work more then 16 hrs is pure nuts.
        No Police officer shoudl work more then 12. You loose your edge.
        Those on third it's pure hell. Doctors say try to keep same schedule on days off meaning up all night and sleep during day. What a life that is.

I used to work
        Tuesday 11P to 7A
        Wednesday 11P to 7A
        Back at 3P off at 11P
        Thursday 3P to 11P
        Friday 7A To 3P
        Had Saturday, Sunday & Monday off but was too tired to do much.

Comment

Last edited by MAD_MAX333; 12-23-2005, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Don't you love it when: You send your explorer superior an idea and she knocks it down, then takes almost exactly the same idea and makes it happen to her credit, and then uses it against you when in promotion elections the next year???
            Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Don't you love it when you work a 15 hour shift at burger king.
              "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
              -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Comment

Originally posted by MAD_MAX333
                as i said before, i'm not a cop, but i do drive a police pkg impela and a gun mobile security....

after 15 hours, i'd say driving could be more dangerous than driving drunk... however the money is good and i have a problem with saying no when people beg me to stay on...

plus i can NOT stand short shifts ( anything less than 12 is short for me)
                I don't know how it is in all of the US or in Canada, but I believe in MN after 24hours with no sleep, you are DUI. You are Driving Under the Influence of Sleep Deprivation. I have seen people get locked up for that same thing. I think I heard that sleep deprivation while driving is more dangerous than a .10 drunk driver. So if you were in MN, you would be guilty of DUI for driving a car during your 24+hour shift...hehehe.

Don't you love it when, as a part timer, your managers try to force management paperwork, duties, and hours onto you without the extra pay that is associated with management. Then, they spend their freed time talking with co-workers within the store, but then come down on you while you do the same thing while WORKING....I love retail...[/end sarcasm]
                In Memoriam:
                Cpl. Chad Wayne Powell
                USMC
                Killed in Action
                Fallujah, Iraq
                June 23, 2005

Comment

Don't you love working 3rd shift at Waffle House? Busting your butt for less than 2 bucks a hour (it was 20 years ago, but I still have nightmares!), getting leered at and hit on by drunks after the bars close, who might leave you some change after the joy of being in their presence and hearing their lovely comments?

Everyone should have to wait tables, just for one job in their lifetime, just to get a feel for how the public can be...

But then, some of you lucky LEO's get to experience that joy everytime you go to work-at least you can lock some of the worse ones up, before they make it to a Waffle House!

Comment

Originally posted by lt93lover
                    Don't you love working 3rd shift at Waffle House? Busting your butt for less than 2 bucks a hour (it was 20 years ago, but I still have nightmares!), getting leered at and hit on by drunks after the bars close, who might leave you some change after the joy of being in their presence and hearing their lovely comments?

Everyone should have to wait tables, just for one job in their lifetime, just to get a feel for how the public can be...

But then, some of you lucky LEO's get to experience that joy everytime you go to work-at least you can lock some of the worse ones up, before they make it to a Waffle House!

ha ha this is SO true....

Don't you love getting stuck serving that regular customer who always stiffs every server everytime

Comment

dont you love it when you are so stressed out from serving that you have nightmares about it....which my coworkers and I like to call "Servermares"

Comment

Don't you love it when government regs shut you down for a ten hour nap at two in the afternoon because they think you are tired.

I really love getting back on the road at midnight after looking at the ceiling or TV all day because now the government thinks I'm awake.

I can't wait until they make a set of rules that will work for millions of drivers on different schedules. And when they do, I'll bet you dollar another group will sue the FMCSA and force yet another change
                        Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lt93lover

Twenty years ago...ummm, I swear it wasn't me!
                          Job description as told by an old timer: "Drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up
                            Don't you love it when government regs shut you down for a ten hour nap at two in the afternoon because they think you are tired.

I really love getting back on the road at midnight after looking at the ceiling or TV all day because now the government thinks I'm awake.

I can't wait until they make a set of rules that will work for millions of drivers on different schedules. And when they do, I'll bet you dollar another group will sue the FMCSA and force yet another change

Hey Straight Up,

Just switch to the other set of log books!

Just kidding.
                            Job description as told by an old timer: "Drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

Comment

Don't you just love it: when you are the ONLY one working the weekend, and thus "voluntarily" on-call, from midnight until 7:00 pm Friday when your shift is SUPPOSED to start, then on-call from 3:00 am until 7:00 pm Saturday when your shift is SUPPOSED to start, then on-call from 3:00 am until 1:00 pm Sunday when your shift is SUPPOSED to start again, then on-call from 9:00 pm Sunday until 8:00 am Monday when you are SUPPOSED to be back on shift?

Now THAT'S exhausting, because you can be ABSOLUTELY guaranteed that you will either be called-out, or be so keyed-up waiting for a call-out, and either way can not rest properly.

Don't you just love it: when you have your holidays planned, or days off coming up, and EVERYTHING hits the fan on your last shift, so that you have numerous reports to get done before you go?
                              #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                              Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                              RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                              Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                              "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6066 users online. 317 members and 5749 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X