300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The importance of searching a subject

I'm SURE this is either old or everyone has seen it, but for those who haven't....you have got to watch this video. lineofduty.com reported he was passed between six officers before this happened

http://www.leoatienza.com/stuff/blam.wmv
    In Memoriam:
    Cpl. Chad Wayne Powell
    USMC
    Killed in Action
    Fallujah, Iraq
    June 23, 2005

Wow, I wonder if the Chief had a nice discussion with his officers after that. I don't have any sound on my computer. did the video say what he did at all?
    "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
    -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Comment

No, the audio was really only him sipping from the bottle and then him pulling out the gun, letting the slide move forward, then the gunshot. the officers kept saying "holy f**k! holy f**k no one shook him! what the hell are we gonna do?"
      In Memoriam:
      Cpl. Chad Wayne Powell
      USMC
      Killed in Action
      Fallujah, Iraq
      June 23, 2005

Comment

I'm just glad the only person the perp decided to shoot was himself. I don't know too many detectives that wear vests...
        You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

If I recall correctly he was arrested as a suspect in the shooting of an officer/deputy. I have the text that is supposed to accompany that somewhere.
          "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

this is pretty old, the guy have the gun in his underwear or there abouts so i think the officers just got lazy... here in toronto cops make ur strip ALL the way down when getting booked for a felony.

Comment

I am not a LEO but I am trying to put this together. So he got arrested for shooting a police officer, got passed through six different officers and not a one gave him a full frisk. I dont know standard procedure, and im sure it varies through different dept. but once they do the initial pat-down is he labeled clean or does every officer supposed to frisk?
              "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
              -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Comment

They suspected him of shooting an officer, and the fact he got through 6 officers without them finding that handgun just proves that they weren't doing their job properly. As a Reserve we get an earfull if we don't search a suspect prior to transporting them to jail. (IE they are in booking being transfered between an officer and us to be brought to county jail). I myself have never been chewed out, I'd rather risk looking like a fool than lying dead in a squad car.
                In Memoriam:
                Cpl. Chad Wayne Powell
                USMC
                Killed in Action
                Fallujah, Iraq
                June 23, 2005

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4259 users online. 257 members and 4002 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X