300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobSlig

It takes only 10 inches of water to stop a .50 cal round from a high power rifle. (I saw this on Myth Busters the other night and was very surprised)
    Then they should make a big "water vest" 10 inches thick! you put it on and look like a pillsbury doughboy, but very safe. very inexpensive (also very impractical).
    lol just a thought though.
    Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by letshearit4blue
      Then they should make a big "water vest" 10 inches thick! you put it on and look like a pillsbury doughboy, but very safe. very inexpensive (also very impractical).
      haha, i could just imagine that

Comment

ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY *** OFF....

That was not exactly what I had in mind...

But you have to admit there are some cool physics going on when a 50 cal round will pass through a 10 inch tree with no problems but not 10 inches of water.
        I'm just saying there is a clue there from nature that should have been investigated long ago. The liquid vest idea sound like a great thing in the making. Might save lots of lives.

Comment

Don't departments already have pillsbury doughboy's. The ones I have been around do, they are called overweight cops who don't do jack about there weight and don't care.

Comment

Yes, but they don't have ballistic properties like a water vest.

You'd think they would, though.
            N. A. Corbier
            Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
            Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

Nevermind.
              Last edited by Welpe; 08-25-2005, 08:06 PM.
              Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
                Don't departments already have pillsbury doughboy's. The ones I have been around do, they are called overweight cops who don't do jack about there weight and don't care.
                I can see the headlines now:
                BUDGETS CUT: LOCAL PD DECLARES BELLY FAT NEW ARMOR
                Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

I can see the headlines now:
                  BUDGETS CUT: LOCAL PD DECLARES BELLY FAT NEW ARMOR
                  Man that is so messed up

Comment

One thing you have to keep in mind, the Military always takes the lowest bidder!!! Yes, even when it comes to the troops safety.
                    "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5356 users online. 327 members and 5029 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X