300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW bugs!

were gettin new esda cars and theyre gonna be VW Bugs. This is gonna be so cool after all our equipment is in them! What do you guys think?

I hope you're getting the 1.8L Turbos! They are a blast!

And of course, the super-duper-extended warranty necessary with VW ownership.

Is anything going to be modified on them suspension/performance wise?

Comment

I think you won't have much room.

Comment

Originally posted by BlockmyRoadESDA
        were gettin new esda cars and theyre gonna be VW Bugs. This is gonna be so cool after all our equipment is in them! What do you guys think?
        Yeah, I'll bet you can only fit a big rotating beacon on the top for your light. Damn thing will look like a clown car......bwah ha ha ha ha ha!

You gonna join in with the Best Buy "Geek Squad" too?.....bwah ha ha ha ha!
        That's right, bring me my royal coffee!

Comment

Geek Squad thats what i was going to say lol

all i have to say is good luck with that
          "OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL" HENRY FORD

Comment

You can also play "Punch Buggy" with your passengers
            My name is Mr. Officer, My special friends can call me Mr.Officer,Sir.

Comment

Ok, how fast can those things go? So far my 87 Nissan Stanza that I used to drive has a bigger engine than that car. Do you really think people are going to stop or just try to out-run it?

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                Ok, how fast can those things go? So far my 87 Nissan Stanza that I used to drive has a bigger engine than that car. Do you really think people are going to stop or just try to out-run it?
                Size has absolutely nothing to do with it.

The 1.8t is one of the best and strongest engines ever built. It is used across both the VW and Audi lines currently.

The 1.8T is 150hp, and 180hp depending on which model you get. They are also both 'chippable' which means there is programming available for the ECU that will remap the fuel curve and boost and push your horsepower #'s well past 200, for 300-500$. I was surprised that after chipping, my engine also ran cleaner.

During chipping, the 'governor' is usually removed. Factory setting is somewhere around 130mph. 140mph is the fastest i've seen.. they're pretty much red-lined at that point.

Comment

What is ESDA? Why the VW bug? Good Lord!
                  God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Po-po
                    What is ESDA? Why the VW bug? Good Lord!
                    Probably because they have some class.
                    I get mocked all the time about my VW Passat. But it will last and always looks sharp. I turn more heards with it than any other car I've owned.
                    Bugs are not my cup of tea but they look nice. Nothing sweeter than a hot chick driving one......

TGY
                    Last edited by That Guy; 08-22-2005, 02:59 PM.
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by LovnTheFuzz
                      Size has absolutely nothing to do with it.

The 1.8t is one of the best and strongest engines ever built. It is used across both the VW and Audi lines currently.

The 1.8T is 150hp, and 180hp depending on which model you get. They are also both 'chippable' which means there is programming available for the ECU that will remap the fuel curve and boost and push your horsepower #'s well past 200, for 300-500$. I was surprised that after chipping, my engine also ran cleaner.

During chipping, the 'governor' is usually removed. Factory setting is somewhere around 130mph. 140mph is the fastest i've seen.. they're pretty much red-lined at that point.
                      Meh, my current car still has more horsepower and a bigger engine than that.

Comment

horsepower and engine size are not the only things to consider when speaking of vehicle performance, does your car weigh more, how does it handle? and judging by some of your other posts, maybe a car with less horsepower would do you good.

Comment

Originally posted by Highwaystreets
                          horsepower and engine size are not the only things to consider when speaking of vehicle performance, does your car weigh more, how does it handle? and judging by some of your other posts, maybe a car with less horsepower would do you good.

I've suggested that to my dad, but he wants me to have a car with a good sized engine and lots of horsepower for highway driving. He doesn't want to worry about me trying to pass on the undivided highways and getting into a head-on collision due to my car not having enough power.

You should see what's sitting in the driveway for me now that my dad's working on. He bought an Opel off of eBay. He informs me that it's pretty speedy. One slight problem though; it's in miles only and I don't know miles.

Comment

I've suggested that to my dad, but he wants me to have a car with a good sized engine and lots of horsepower for highway driving. He doesn't want to worry about me trying to pass on the undivided highways and getting into a head-on collision due to my car not having enough power.

You should see what's sitting in the driveway for me now that my dad's working on. He bought an Opel off of eBay. He informs me that it's pretty speedy. One slight problem though; it's in miles only and I don't know miles.
                            yah i guess that does make sense, but pretty much any newer car can pass on the highway, my 93 jeep does just fine and its got the smaller engine, and it is by no means a fast vehicle.

and as for the Opel, i think it all depends on what model it is, but i think some are pretty quick, but its probably best you don't experiment with it, it seems you have a heavy right foot and 62mph=100kph

Comment

I hope you're not talking about that Stanza. It's a million years old. It's probably a 2.0 and they had like 100hp. I don't think the 2.4L's came out until the 90's. Even then, they had less horsepower than the Beetle and are a way less efficient engine. (hp/liters) AND - to add insult to injury, that Stanza is probably on a Maxima chassis, which means HEAVY arse car. Stanzas were known for being one of the slowest, heaviest cars on the market compared to it's competition at the time.

It's obvious you don't know much about cars aside from which flap has the gas cap underneath it... not being mean - You just have some learning to do.

One last thing - hp can be deceiving. You might have more in your 'current car' (whatever that is) and crappy torque. Or the car could be really heavy, or the tranny could do a poor job of transferring that power to the wheels. Soooo many factors.

- One last thing i want to add. HP kills, NOT lack of it. That's the biggest load, and i've heard it many times. How many news stories do you see like this: "Teenager dies in crash due to underpowered car!" ?

Originally posted by That Guy
                              Probably because they have some class.
                              I get mocked all the time about my VW Passat. But it will last and always looks sharp. I turn more heards with it than any other car I've owned.
                              Mmmmmmmmm Passat....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5246 users online. 295 members and 4951 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X