300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routine Traffic Stop?????

Why do I constantly hear on the site, especially in the officer down section, of how a "routine" traffic stop become more than that? I think those of us in Law Enforcement can say that NO traffic stop, or any other call is "routine". It is my belief that a traffic stop should be called an "unknown risk". What are your thoughts on this? I just had to write about this after hearing of the Mississippi officer who was killed after a so-called "routine" traffic stop became more than that.

When I was in the academy they basically pounded into our heads that nothing is ever "routine." You never know what is going to happen or who you are dealing with when you arrive on scene of an incident or make a traffic stop. Even if you know the person and have dealt with them many times in the past, you can never know what they might do this time. Especially if they are intoxicated or under the influence of some type of drug. When you think a call is just routine is when you may find yourself in trouble.

Comment

I think as LE we know that stops are not truly routine. Allhave very negative potential. IMO the public uses it ("routine stop") to draw out the drama when something irregular happens.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6277 users online. 367 members and 5910 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X