300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springfield XD

Does anybody own one or shot one? How would you compare it to other polymers? IE Glock
    I saw a couple of them at a gun show and liked the feel of the grip and it felt weighted right. Just wondering if anyone had any input?
    Thanks
    "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
    -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

I purchased a XD Service .40 with 4'' barrel and bi-tone black/silver about 6 months ago. I absolutely love this pistol. It is extremely comfortable for me to shoot, and handle; very concealable, and accessories and holster options continue to pour into the market as the popularity of this fine pistol grows. Ive put about 2,500 rounds through mine, and havent had a single problem at all, even running wolf steel cased rounds, and some handloads through it. Guns and Ammo Handguns magazine did a 20,000 round torture test on an XD in their June/july issue, starting the glock tests at 17,500 rounds.....without a single failure. Not to say it is better than a Glock, but I would definately say it is on par with one in both reliability and accuracy, and for me it is much more comforable to shoot, and extremely easy to disassemble and maintain. Offhand groups are about 2.0''-3.0'' at 20 yrds from my pistol, and Ive found it extremely easy to keep all 13 (12+1) inside the 9 ring on qualification targets doing rapid fire. Overall, Id have to say that this pistol is a very well made, and dependable piece of hardware, and I can comfortably say that mine will never be for sale. Shoot one, and see if it is for you or not...but for me it was an excellent fit.
    Last edited by HSUCowboy98; 08-20-2005, 05:09 PM.
    Born to Fight, Trained to Kill; Break our Laws, And I'll Break Your Will.

Criminals thrive on the indulgence of public understanding.

Comment

Yeah thanks alot. I got that guns and ammo article right here in front of me. I couldnt stand the way the glock shot. It was too awkward. But i do like their dependability. I think i am going to go to the range where i can rent a pistol to see if they have an XD to try. I kno that is not that great of an idea, risking a shot out POS. but it will give me a good idea.
      Cant you swap out barrels between 40cal and 357sig?
      "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
      -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Comment

Ive heard some people say you can switch between the two, and it makes sense; a .357 sig is a necked down .40 case, but I havent seen anything official about the swap. It would be interesting if it was true, and very handy. If anyone knows for sure let me know.
        Born to Fight, Trained to Kill; Break our Laws, And I'll Break Your Will.

Criminals thrive on the indulgence of public understanding.

Comment

I had a student at a ccw course early this summer who shot one. I got to put a few rounds through it.

I was surprised actually how well it did shoot. Very accurate, comfortable to shoot, and low on felt recoil. Good gun.
          An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Yes they do make conversion barrels. EFK Fire Dragon makes one for about $150.00
            You can find them on this website:
            http://www.pistol-gear.com/products.php?cat=8
            -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Comment

I own the XD .40 Tactical, 5 inch. Accurate and comfortable gun! Able to score solid target hits without difficulty. I prefer the XD over the S&W 9mm.

Comment

Well I think I am going to buy one. The only thing holding me back is if the rental feels like crap but other than that Im sold.
                Thanks
                -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Comment

Someone said something about the recoil, what about the sound of the shot. Is it pretty loud or not. I have also been thinking of the XD.

Comment

I found the XD recoil to not be a problem.

Firing

Recoil was mild, even with the hotter .40 loads. There was more muzzle jump, however, than with the similar-size Glock and Sigma with the same ammo. It's simple physics: the slide and barrel of the XD40 ride distinctly higher above the hand than the Glock's, and consequently, the recoiling pistol has more leverage with which to lift its muzzle against our grasp.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...48/ai_85472063

There are plenty of articles and Internet chat about the XD where it
                    Last edited by LawEnfWB; 08-21-2005, 12:10 AM.

Comment

My next 2 pistols will be XD's, a .40 4 inch and a 9mm short barrel.

I plan on taking them both thru my IDPA match course to determine which will replace my Model 27, for concealed carry now that the Low light sights are getting dim. My Glock has been biting me for a few years now, anyway.

Mind you I have not fired an XD yet, but then again I never fired a Model 27 before I bought one either.
                      Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3183 users online. 152 members and 3031 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X