300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops on Dirt Bikes in NC ???

Just interested in opinions in regards to cops on dirt bikes to catch offenders on recreational vehicles...mopeds,scooters,dirt bikes, atv's, etc

Haha we need them!!! But it just another thing to spend money on that alot of agencies don't have. A lot of people usually ride on their own property (yeah right) or places where the average squad car cannot go so it would be cool to have them. I am sure years ago people laughed at the idea of police and bicycles. So maybe atv's are in the future!!!
    "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

I know some places have or used to have dual purpose, on/off road bikes. I think San Fran had them.
      Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Just get ATV's they do dual perpose jobs both on and off the road
        Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Philly PD has dirtbikes

Attached Files
          Last edited by NavyCop; 08-20-2005, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I remember hearing about cops on dirt bikes in my old hometown (Escondido). There was this one particular area in the boonies where people would ride ATVs, but also strip stolen cars, have underage drinking parties, etc. But it's all houses now, and I can't think of anywhere else in their jurisdiction where dirt bikes would be really useful.

But that would be one sweet detail!

Comment

Here's Ours

If you're wondering if it is affective the answer is, "very". We run a Suzuki DRZ400s. It's registered and street legal so you just jump on and go anywhere your heart desires. We decided against an ATV since it would have to be trailered. We have one guy who rides it and hasn't ridden a Harley since.
              Last edited by Catman; 08-20-2005, 09:11 PM.
              The People's Republic of Massachusetts

Communications | Technology | Social Media
              Twitter Facebook

Comment

I have two department issued 4-wheelers and a snowmobile.

Comment

Charlotte has sveral ATVs. I think they are mostly used in construction areas, and maybe in some of the larger parks.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak
                    I have two department issued 4-wheelers and a snowmobile.

But from your past post, you have stated your the only guy for miles. Whats up with this. Why do you need two 4-wheelers.

(Yes, I can understand if they break down, or something, but any other logic on it.)

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
                      But from your past post, you have stated your the only guy for miles. Whats up with this. Why do you need two 4-wheelers.

(Yes, I can understand if they break down, or something, but any other logic on it.)
                      I work for the North Slope Borough, which is an area roughly the size of Oregon. I'm supposed to have a partner in my village, but because of manpower issues, I'm by myself.

I also have three trucks. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak

I also have three trucks. Go figure.

Does that mean you fill all three of the trucks full of gas, and empty each one at a time. And hopefully when gas is cheap is when you need gas.

PS I give you a lot of credit to be there by yourself, and no immediate backup. You have a lot of guts.

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
                          Does that mean you fill all three of the trucks full of gas, and empty each one at a time. And hopefully when gas is cheap is when you need gas.

PS I give you a lot of credit to be there by yourself, and no immediate backup. You have a lot of guts.
                          No, gas cost over $3 a gallon here before Bush got into office. I don't care though, I don't have to pay for it.

I usually just pick one truck and use it. I hate having to transfer all my gear. They just bought me a new diesel truck, so I'm using it right now. It still smells nice.

Comment

Charlotte also uses them to run the power lines to look for stolen cars which has been a big problem here lately.

My Unit

Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Depart
                            Highway Interdiction & Traffic Safety Unit

Taylor's Sports Products

Comment

Here is a link to a picture of the Imperial County (CA) Sheriff's Dune Buggy.
                              http://www.icso.org/buggy2.jpg

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6234 users online. 344 members and 5890 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X