• Show
Clear All

• LEO-wanna-be
    replied
    I was wondering about this show...

Leave a comment:

• degrat38
    replied
    I don't know, the sleeping thing was pretty convincing to me. If it's true, how could he not get in trouble for that? I would be so embarrased if I were him. I agree, the cop didn't have the best attitude at first, but I think he got better and better after he was let on his own.

Leave a comment:

• JRT6
    replied
    I'm sorry but that sleeping FTO thing had to be staged. Who in their right mind would sleep in front of the camera and don't know say the FTO wasn't told it was there when a camera crew followed them around. The rookie had a very lame attitude about the job. When a rookie dosen't think he wants to be a cop how's their attitude gonna be after probation. I'm glad we didn't hire that 22 yr old ROD.

Leave a comment:

• DaisyNY
    replied
    Thats what being a rookie is all about. If you walked out of the academy thinking you knew it all - you would not make a good officer. I missed this show but knowing MTV they will show it again (and again) so I will try to catch it next time.

Come on officers - tell us your rookie mistakes that taught you a lesson!!

Leave a comment:

• degrat38
    replied
    Yea, I couldn't believe that 1st FTO, he was one lazy officer. I liked the second one, he actually worked with him on his mistakes, and how he could improve on things(searching the groin). I did miss the first half hour though where he was in the academy, only the caught the graduation part. Are you talking about the guy who "had trouble breathing" after the foot chase? Yea, officer safety first right? Handcuff the guy and call for aid. The one thing I really liked about the show is it really showed how much he grew as an officer. At first he was VERY reserved and shy, and I thought what is this guy doing out there? But after he was on his own he blossomed pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• p01ic3m4n
    replied
    the first FTO sleeping, i'd be handing out a suspension if i was his cheese. the second FTO was pretty good. i couldn't believe the first FTO kept his big *** in the car while the first day rookie went out writing parking tickets. the FTO should always be out with the rookie during almost anything for at least the first month.

for the most part, it was good. i couldn't believe he let the guy just sit there after a foot chase. it brought back a lot of memories. all the rookie mistakes i made. you don't ever realize your transition from rookie to vet until you start working really closely with a green rookie.

the only differece between being a vet and a rookie is a rookie can blame mistakes on being new. vets can only attribute it to a spontaneous lapse in intelligence; essentially, being a temporary dumb***.

Leave a comment:

• degrat38
    started a topic Anyone see "First Year" on MTV?

Anyone see "First Year" on MTV?

They profiled three different people, one being a first year police officer. It went from the academy to working the streets. I was just wondering what you guys thought of this show, is it pretty accurate and what to be expected as a rookie officer? Thanks for your input

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2640 users online. 138 members and 2502 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X