X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OfficerDotCom
    replied
    If you two want to chat, feel free to do so off the forums. Forum off topic and closed.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by Spee-Dee
    That's impossible. I've never had the opportunity to drive in the US. How could you ever know that I enjoy such activities?
    your name says it all.

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    Originally posted by gotthblues
    i kinda figured that about you.....
    That's impossible. I've never had the opportunity to drive in the US. How could you ever know that I enjoy such activities?

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    But I like making up my own vehicle laws when I enter your country. Like come on, 55 on the highway? Don't you think that's a bit slow? And what's with that guy on the bike hiding behind the sign?
    i kinda figured that about you.....

too slow, depends on the location, well i guess he is earning his check and working traffic. gotta keep people in check.

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    yield signs are there to establish who has the right of way, so that its not up to the canadian drivers to make up their own vehicle laws.
    But I like making up my own vehicle laws when I enter your country. Like come on, 55 on the highway? Don't you think that's a bit slow? And what's with that guy on the bike hiding behind the sign?

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    yup!!!!!!!! i can see right thru those mirrored sunglasses that you are fond of

Extra mirrored for extra intimidation. Right. Who am I intimidating?

It took me a long time to find myself a pair of sporty looking mirrored sunglasses that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I have every right to be fond of them.
    Last edited by Spee-Dee; 08-26-2005, 08:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    We have that on our non-Circle Drive areas. Not having yield signs is a way to keep traffic moving I guess. I know in Minneapolis I saw traffic lights at the merge lanes. There was so much traffic. It was nuts.
    yield signs are there to establish who has the right of way, so that its not up to the canadian drivers to make up their own vehicle laws.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Uh, that wasumm a typo. Yeah, you see it's supposed to read Grand Am doing 50 in the fast lane. You know, I have this thing for 2002 red Grand Am sedans...

Ok... you got me.
    yup!!!!!!!! i can see right thru those mirrored sunglasses that you are fond of

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    well here it is just the opposite, merging traffic has a yield sign,

We have that on our non-Circle Drive areas. Not having yield signs is a way to keep traffic moving I guess. I know in Minneapolis I saw traffic lights at the merge lanes. There was so much traffic. It was nuts.

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    replied

(Grandma doing 50 in the fast lane in a 90 zone is not a reason for me to drive 50 in the fast lane though. I'm still going to get mad and swear to myself as I pass her in the right lane as safely as possible while she continues to impede traffic.

there ya go!

Uh, that wasumm a typo. Yeah, you see it's supposed to read Grand Am doing 50 in the fast lane. You know, I have this thing for 2002 red Grand Am sedans...

Ok... you got me.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    We're taught that merging people have the right of way therefore if we're in the lane that they're merging into we have to let them in either by adjusting our speed accordingly or getting out of the way completely. We're told that the best thing to do (if possible) is to just move to the next lane while the cars are merging. Obviously in heavy slow moving traffic this isn't very possible, and I recognize that and I encourage drivers to let the merging traffic in. I myself follow this practice. I believe that every car should let one car in. I don't think that's too unreasonable to ask.

No, unfortunetly if they go into the left lane and are driving slow (unless it's really really really slow) they can't get a ticket because we don't have minimum speed limits here. That means that there can be a guy driving a combine down the 90 zone going 45, talking on his cell phone and blocking traffic. Only in Saskatchewan ...
    well here it is just the opposite, merging traffic has a yield sign,

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    (Grandma doing 50 in the fast lane in a 90 zone is not a reason for me to drive 50 in the fast lane though. I'm still going to get mad and swear to myself as I pass her in the right lane as safely as possible while she continues to impede traffic.
    there ya go!

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    I won't say what I was going to say
    Last edited by Spee-Dee; 08-26-2005, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    OKAY SPEE, riddle me this, you grip cause slower drives dont keep right, then you grip cause slower drives dont move left when you are merging, so either why, they could get a ticket. so now what???

We're taught that merging people have the right of way therefore if we're in the lane that they're merging into we have to let them in either by adjusting our speed accordingly or getting out of the way completely. We're told that the best thing to do (if possible) is to just move to the next lane while the cars are merging. Obviously in heavy slow moving traffic this isn't very possible, and I recognize that and I encourage drivers to let the merging traffic in. I myself follow this practice. I believe that every car should let one car in. I don't think that's too unreasonable to ask.

No, unfortunetly if they go into the left lane and are driving slow (unless it's really really really slow) they can't get a ticket because we don't have minimum speed limits here. That means that there can be a guy driving a combine down the 90 zone going 45, talking on his cell phone and blocking traffic. Only in Saskatchewan ...

Leave a comment:

• Welpe
    replied
    You know I waited too long for this...

Welcome to my ignore list.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3487 users online. 232 members and 3255 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X