X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 00svtlightning
    safe driver huh...j/k
    You see, in Saskatchewan speeding tickets don't count towards your safe driving points unless it's for dangerous driving. They only count towards your drivers license points.

Comment

how do they define dangerous driving? Here a certain government official was speeding, blew a stop sign, hit a guy on a harley and killed him...so imho speeding is dangerous
      si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
        Do you honestly think I try to speed all the time? Most of my tickets were results of me not knowing that I was even speeding or forgetting a second school zone because the sign was missing.
        Well I don't know how big your town/city is. But I live in a town that less then 20,000 populated, and go to school the size of under 10,000. I know every speed zone in both towns and there hours apart. I for one read the signs that are on the right side of the road. These little signs tells me to increase my speed limit or decrease my speed limit. YOU SHOULD TRY IT. SOMETIME. I have been driving for 6 years, and NEVER got a speeding ticket, only warnings. Before you asks, that is 2 warnings. Along with a fix it ticket. My tail lights were out due to a fuse.
        Of course not! I myself have never even been to traffic court. Why would I tell someone I'm giving a ticket to how to fight what I'm doing? I'm not that stupid.
        You may not tell your customer how to get out of speeding tickets, but I have read your post on here. And you do it on here. So what is the difference. The only difference is you didn't write the ticket, some other great officer did. Why give the customer any more advice on how to fight a ticket.
        Last edited by ; 08-24-2005, 01:29 PM. Reason: Due to quotes being out of place

Comment

safe driver huh...j/k

You bet me to it. Damn you.

Comment

You're feeding off negative energy to me and I refuse to be sucked in by it. I'll try anyways. I refuse to listen to the negativity of others. I have a hard time giving up on things I want and I'm not about to give up on this before I even try. Don't tell me that I have no chance because I have a bad driving record and then tell someone else with misdemeanors, DUI's, "drug experimentation (the biggest load of crap I've ever heard of)," etc. that they still have a chance in law enforcement because these things happened a long time ago. Bear in mind, I still have at least 4 to 5 years before I'm ready to apply to the RCMP.
            it is not just your driving record that will hurt you, it is your attitude, your maturity level (lack of), and so on. youre 20 right, you should like a 16 yr old when i read your post.

Comment

You see, in Saskatchewan speeding tickets don't count towards your safe driving points unless it's for dangerous driving. They only count towards your drivers license points.
              sounds like things are really *** backwards there then, speeding is dangerous, if you dont think so, lord have mercy on you.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                lord have mercy on you.

You got that wrong. Lord have mercy on the people she shares the road with.

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
                  You got that wrong. Lord have mercy on the people she shares the road with.
                  okay, i stand corrected.

Comment

how do they define dangerous driving? Here a certain government official was speeding, blew a stop sign, hit a guy on a harley and killed him...so imho speeding is dangerous

In the form of speeding dangerous driving is 50 km over the posted speed.

Why is everyone picking on me all of a sudden? You don't need to be a smart-*** about everything I say.

I know the speed limits here too. I never said I didn't. Rather than staring at my speedometer, I'm sweeping the area with my eyes looking for any possible hazards (ie: kids running around, opening car doors, jaywalkers, pedestrians) and sometimes my car just accelerates slowly to above the speed limit and I don't notice it until I got flashing lights behind me.

Comment

• I guess I didn't think I was being a smart *** about it. But I will say people aren't going to think highly of you when you act like violations are no big deal. Granted like you have said speeding isn't murder, but you lack of remorse for doing it would lead a person to think you don't respect laws that you one day hope to enforce. I guess my line of thinking is you lead by example. So how many speeding tickets do you have? In a past post you said you had 6 speeding tickets.
                      si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                        In the form of speeding dangerous driving is 50 km over the posted speed.
                        I know the speed limits here too. I never said I didn't. Rather than staring at my speedometer, I'm sweeping the area with my eyes looking for any possible hazards (ie: kids running around, opening car doors, jaywalkers, pedestrians) and sometimes my car just accelerates slowly to above the speed limit and I don't notice it until I got flashing lights behind me.

What kind of car do you have. I have a 2000 car, with a 4 cylinder in it. I have to give my car a little bit of time to get up to a decent speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 00svtlightning
                          I guess I didn't think I was being a smart *** about it. But I will say people aren't going to think highly of you when you act like violations are no big deal. Granted like you have said speeding isn't murder, but you lack of remorse for doing it would lead a person to think you don't respect laws that you one day hope to enforce. I guess my line of thinking is you lead by example. So how many speeding tickets do you have? In a past post you said you had 6 speeding tickets.
                          It's still six. I'm a big believer in police discretion rather than hacking out tickets. For some people tickets don't do much, but a good lecture will do wonders. That's what did it to me. Nothing like an 11 minute guilt trip to make you stop speeding. Not to mention I can't really afford a speeding ticket now that they raised the price of them. Before the average price of a ticket for me was $125. Now it would be somewhere around $180.

Comment

• Originally posted by toby101
                            What kind of car do you have. I have a 2000 car, with a 4 cylinder in it. I have to give my car a little bit of time to get up to a decent speed.
                            I have a 1990 six cylinder 3.8 L engine. It doesn't take much to get speed with it.

Comment

• Consider us riding you about your driving record you 11 minute guilt trip
                              si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by 00svtlightning
                                Consider us riding you about your driving record you 11 minute guilt trip
                                more like a 3 week guilt trip

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3220 users online. 226 members and 2994 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X