This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
    They're given out by campus security, but are handled the exact same way as city parking tickets.
    Interesting.

Just remember, when your polygraphed, and asked, "Have you had any parking tickets," the examiner may get a read off of you.

Also, yeah. Its a good method of ****ing alot of cops off to willfully fail to obey traffic laws.
    N. A. Corbier
    Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
    Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

They're given out by campus security, but are handled the exact same way as city parking tickets.
      does your school have actual PD or security. I work for a university PD and we have both. People sometimes think we are security and get bent out of shape when the find out otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
        does your school have actual PD or security. I work for a university PD and we have both. People sometimes think we are security and get bent out of shape when the find out otherwise.
        Does the badge, the patch that says "POLICE," and the Glock on your hip not give it away?

Comment

Sometimes not but the handcuffs usually get the point across. lol

Comment

Well, you've all heard of my six speeding tickets (if you haven't, I don't know what rock you've been living under) so I won't get into those.

I believe they would include

-two car break-ins
            -one car accident claim (not my fault, got rear-ended and hurt my neck)
            -one stolen bike claim
            -witness to attempted use of a stolen credit card (I'm the one that chased her down)
            -various road stops that resulted in nothing (might mention something about the "muscle spasm" I had when my car swerved into the next lane.)
            -Vehicle safety check
            -two false harassment complaints filed against me by a couple of my former managers who were trying to cover their asses after one of them sexually harassed me. (Anyone know how I can get rid of those without it coming back to bite me in the ***? So far all attempts have made things worse for me.)

Based on your posts, you don't have a chance with ANY police agency, much less the RCMP. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you'll be much better off finding a less "policial" line of work.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Terminator
              Based on your posts, you don't have a chance with ANY police agency, much less the RCMP. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you'll be much better off finding a less "policial" line of work.

I don't want other police agencies. I'll try for the RCMP a few times and if I'm still unsuccessful, I'll still have my degree to fall back upon. It's not like I'm taking criminal justice or "police sciences."

Comment

did I get

you say you'll try a couple of times, My friend I doubt if you'll even be given an invite let alone get past the initial process, please don't waste their time

Comment

Originally posted by trooperden
                  you say you'll try a couple of times, My friend I doubt if you'll even be given an invite let alone get past the initial process, please don't waste their time
                  You're feeding off negative energy to me and I refuse to be sucked in by it. I'll try anyways. I refuse to listen to the negativity of others. I have a hard time giving up on things I want and I'm not about to give up on this before I even try. Don't tell me that I have no chance because I have a bad driving record and then tell someone else with misdemeanors, DUI's, "drug experimentation (the biggest load of crap I've ever heard of)," etc. that they still have a chance in law enforcement because these things happened a long time ago. Bear in mind, I still have at least 4 to 5 years before I'm ready to apply to the RCMP.

Comment

I don't know how it works up north but here if you can't get insured due to tickets, then you don't get hired. I know parking isn't a moving violation, but speeding sure is. With all the penny pinching and trying to squeeze a quarter so hard you get 26 cents out of it, they are going to look for any way to make things cheaper for them...insurance is expensive...especially when you start adding on tickets.
                    si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by 00svtlightning
                      I don't know how it works up north but here if you can't get insured due to tickets, then you don't get hired. I know parking isn't a moving violation, but speeding sure is. With all the penny pinching and trying to squeeze a quarter so hard you get 26 cents out of it, they are going to look for any way to make things cheaper for them...insurance is expensive...especially when you start adding on tickets.
                      I have no problem getting insurance. $53/month for car insurance and $25 a year for a license. It's all good. In fact, I even have room now for some more tickets if I should happen to be so unlucky and accidently slip up (which won't happen because I'm driving slow and keeping my cruise control on in the cty.)

Comment

Don't tell me that I have no chance because I have a bad driving record and then tell someone else with misdemeanors, DUI's, "drug experimentation (the biggest load of crap I've ever heard of)," etc.
                        The people I talk to says you can learn from the first DUI, misdemeanor charge on your. But you can't explain the second one. Now I know we are talking about speeding tickets, parking tickets but it's the same all across the board.

Bear in mind, I still have at least 4 to 5 years before I'm ready to apply to the RCMP.
                        Besides your driving history, and getting a degree is that the only reason why your waiting 4 to 5 years.

Also if and when you get on with a department are you going to tell your customers how to get out of a ticket by going to court, and saying I didn't realize __________. If you say Yes I am going to do that, get the F*** out of law enforcement, because there is a lot of better applicants then you.

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
                          The people I talk to says you can learn from the first DUI, misdemeanor charge on your. But you can't explain the second one. Now I know we are talking about speeding tickets, parking tickets but it's the same all across the board.
                          Do you honestly think I try to speed all the time? Most of my tickets were results of me not knowing that I was even speeding or forgetting a second school zone because the sign was missing.

Besides your driving history, and getting a degree is that the only reason why your waiting 4 to 5 years.
                          It's actually more for getting my degree than driving record. I heard that the average recruiting age for the RCMP was 27-28 years old. In four to five years I'll still only be 24 or 25 years old.

Also if and when you get on with a department are you going to tell your customers how to get out of a ticket by going to court, and saying I didn't realize __________. If you say Yes I am going to do that, get the F*** out of law enforcement, because there is a lot of better applicants then you.
                          Of course not! I myself have never even been to traffic court. Why would I tell someone I'm giving a ticket to how to fight what I'm doing? I'm not that stupid.

Comment

so what kind of car do you have that lends itself to speeding? insurance must be way cheaper up there, there's no way a 21 yr old female with a few tickets would be getting away with that here.
                            si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by 00svtlightning
                              so what kind of car do you have that lends itself to speeding? insurance must be way cheaper up there, there's no way a 21 yr old female with a few tickets would be getting away with that here.
                              My first three speeding tickets were with a white 1987 Nissan Stanza hatchback (insurance for that was $51/month) and right now I'm driving a grey 1990 Buick Regal coupe.

I'm not 21, I'm 19.

And yes, insurance is way cheaper. Keep in mind, my insurance costs are a little bit cheaper because I get a 15% safe driver discount.

Comment

safe driver huh...j/k
                                si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3807 users online. 256 members and 3551 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X