Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. Our cites have the most common parking infractions written on them (along with the CVC or Municipal Code number) and the fine amount. You just check the one(s) that they violated and total them up. They range any where from $20 to $270.
    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
      Interesting. Our cites have the most common parking infractions written on them (along with the CVC or Municipal Code number) and the fine amount. You just check the one(s) that they violated and total them up. They range any where from $20 to $270.
      we had the little one copy parking cites that had the most common on them, check on and put it on the car, these were for city ordinance violations only, but if we were tired of dealingwith them or they were a butt and present, we could write an actual cite and it would cost them. but we mostly used the $5 ones *said that earlier* sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by BLee85
        UPDATE

Called the court and it turns out it was my ticket. Turns out I was parked in a Tow-Away Zone or something. Thing is, I honestly did not see ANY signs saying that there was no parking allowed along the street (didn't help that it was 930PM in an area I was not very familiar with). Heck, it looked like the residence on that street parked their own cars in the road as well. The ticket is a pretty hefty one at $100. Would it be even worth it trying to fight it saying I was not familiar with the area (which is true) and that I did not recall seeing any sign forbidding parking in that area (which is again true) and that since I saw other cars around I thought it was OK (true once again). Also, there had just been construction done on the road so all the lines had been erased/paved over.....don't know if that has anything to do with it, but if there had been lines on the road showing that you could not park there, I would not have, but there were no such lines.

Only thing is is that im a college student and my school is 4.5+hrs away from home and court dates are random. I would have my dad go, but he is real busy (especially now) and I wouldn't even think of asking him to do something like this for me. My mom wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do and my older brother will probably be busy either doing something in the military or possibly graduate school.

I don't believe you have any leg to stand on unless you can prove there was no sign. So another words go there during the day and see what it looks like. Take a camera with, cause you can take pictures if you decide to fight. Also if you decide to fight it, and take pictures also take some at night. Just to show the judge how dark it is in that area and you can't see the so called sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
          If the sign was obstructed by a tree or something like that, then not seeing the sign can be used to your advantage.
          I saw that episode of Mattlock too.

Comment

I've heard of people getting fines lowered simply by taking the time to go to court. You can try that, but it's best if you go in person (it looks better on your behalf, and in most cases it's required that you attend). My brother got a $500 stunting ticket reduced to a $60 unnecessary noise ticket simply by explaining to the judge that he just excellerated too fast out of the gravel parking lot and accidently squealed his tires. (Our campus security are jerks.)
            I bet you all are great sport the cops there.

Comment

Oh yeah, they'll still show up on my driver's abstract, but they don't get used against me point-wise. In Saskatchewan there's two abstracts- a 5 year or a 10 year. Some employers request a 5 year and some request a 10 year. In 10 years, three out of my six tickets will be off my abstract, and in 11 years another one will be off.

Yeah, I can only wonder what the police see when they pull up my driver's license. Even if it is only driving related things it's still probably pretty bad. I don't even know if I want to see my police file. I have no criminal convictions, just all sorts of interesting police related events, some good, some bad, some neutral...
              So, what are those "interesting police related events"?

Comment

LOL, read her posts-she's written about a lot of those already!

Comment

Please PM her, cause we don't want to read about her life's history.

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
                    Please PM her, cause we don't want to read about her life's history.
                    Ok, hold on a second.... Ok, I had to check what web site I am on. The top of the page says Officer.Com. Oh, whats that on my shirt? Oh gee, it is a badge that says POLICE OFFICER. Please don't hassle me. I had a reason for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                      So, what are those "interesting police related events"?
                      Well, you've all heard of my six speeding tickets (if you haven't, I don't know what rock you've been living under) so I won't get into those.

I believe they would include

-two car break-ins
                      -one car accident claim (not my fault, got rear-ended and hurt my neck)
                      -one stolen bike claim
                      -witness to attempted use of a stolen credit card (I'm the one that chased her down)
                      -various road stops that resulted in nothing (might mention something about the "muscle spasm" I had when my car swerved into the next lane.)
                      -Vehicle safety check
                      -two false harassment complaints filed against me by a couple of my former managers who were trying to cover their asses after one of them sexually harassed me. (Anyone know how I can get rid of those without it coming back to bite me in the ***? So far all attempts have made things worse for me.)

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                        Ok, hold on a second.... Ok, I had to check what web site I am on. The top of the page says Officer.Com. Oh, whats that on my shirt? Oh gee, it is a badge that says POLICE OFFICER. Please don't hassle me. I had a reason for asking.

Yeah I realize that you may be a police officer. But all Spee-Dee talks about is her tickets, and how she can get out of them.

But yet, she wants to become a police officer.
                        Last edited by ; 08-23-2005, 11:31 AM. Reason: More to add

Comment

Yeah I realize that you may be a police officer. But all Spee-Dee talks about is her tickets, and how she can get out of them.

I'm still young, and young people do stupid things.

I like law enforcement and I find it interesting. Unfortunetly it was all my policial encounters that caused this.

Comment

Toby, I understand what you're saying, and you're right. Spee-Dee comes into a lot of threads talking about her speeding problems. But she's made cryptic comments about other police involvement, and as long as she's brought it up, it's only right that she tell the whole story. I'm glad someone finally asked about it.

It's too bad the thread is hijacked, but that had already happened anyway. I think we need a "Spee-Dee's Issues" thread. Maybe in the Entertainment section.
                            Last edited by Entre Nous; 08-23-2005, 02:48 PM.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

The only question I have for Spee-Dee is:

Are these parking tickets issued by the city, or by the campus security office? If they're by campus security, then they're probally not real tickets.

When I worked security, when I issued a parking ticket on client property, it did one of two things. If the tag (We ran tags on our MDCs before citing) came back to a resident, we issued a citation which assessed a special fine to their rent. Failure to pay the citation was grounds for eviction. If it was a non-resident, then we wrote a "IMMEDIATE TOW" sticker, and called for a wrecker.

I have a feeling that the school assessed a special tuition fine, and would prevent her from re-registering, or even drop her from courses, if she failed to pay it. But it's a civil matter, not a criminal one. Between the property owner and the cited vehicle.
                              N. A. Corbier
                              Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
                              Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

Originally posted by nacorbier
                                The only question I have for Spee-Dee is:

Are these parking tickets issued by the city, or by the campus security office? If they're by campus security, then they're probally not real tickets.

When I worked security, when I issued a parking ticket on client property, it did one of two things. If the tag (We ran tags on our MDCs before citing) came back to a resident, we issued a citation which assessed a special fine to their rent. Failure to pay the citation was grounds for eviction. If it was a non-resident, then we wrote a "IMMEDIATE TOW" sticker, and called for a wrecker.

I have a feeling that the school assessed a special tuition fine, and would prevent her from re-registering, or even drop her from courses, if she failed to pay it. But it's a civil matter, not a criminal one. Between the property owner and the cited vehicle.

They're given out by campus security, but are handled the exact same way as city parking tickets.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2713 users online. 174 members and 2539 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X