Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My license still only costs $25/year and my plates for my car work out to $53/month, but my dad pays for plates while I'm at university.
    You did not say anything about insurance. Or do you drive with out insurance.
    New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the *******. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande? half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge *******.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
      damn thread hijackers,

did anyone else notice that.
      Noooo, you wouldn't say....lol. Seems the original intent (AKA my question) has taken a back seat in this thread.

Comment

You know, I'm getting tired of so many threads becoming the "Spee-Dee Show", it's getting old.

Back to the original question:

Also, one more thing I thought about this morning. The name on the ticket was printed. This was not the name of the street nor the make/model of a car. To my best knowledge, officers do not print their name anywhere on the ticket, but do sign the bottom....but that will be the only place the officer's name appears on the entire ticket. Is this correct? or does it vary from county to county (I live in NY, was in Nassau County). I will still call the dept. regardless, but this will help me ease my mind a little if it is true.
        That really depends upon the area. Our department has us write our ID number and last name on the ticket, but not sign it.
        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

To blee85: I sign the bottom of our tickets and include badge number. In Texas you can not be issued a warrant for a parking ticket if you were not given the ticket personally. The court will send a letter to your registered address for the vehicle. It is nice to see a citizen concerned for the law and Great job on the DD. You have been raised right and show a great deal of responsiblilty. AS far as SPEEDEE. you should learn from Blee85. Grow up and take responsiblitly for your own actions. This is what being a man is all about. I deal with juveniles all day that have more reponsiblitly than you are displaying here.
          Arguing with a Cop is like mud wrestling with a pig; eventually you will realize that the Pig likes it
          -my Chief.

Comment

Originally posted by explorerscout83
            You did not say anything about insurance. Or do you drive with out insurance.
            In Saskatchewan our insurance is our plates.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTPoPo
              This is what being a man is all about.
              That's great, but I am not a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                The parking tickets are handed out by non-policial people at my university.
                Non-policial. That is so cute. Mind if I use that in my profile?

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

Originally posted by BLee85
                  Noooo, you wouldn't say....lol. Seems the original intent (AKA my question) has taken a back seat in this thread.
                  on behalf of the others, i apologize for that,

but earlier on the answer was correct, call the city hall in that jurisdiction and they can tell you wether or not you actually got a parking tick. but it was probly a drunk that put it on your car.

again i apologize for the pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
                    You know, I'm getting tired of so many threads becoming the "Spee-Dee Show", it's getting old.
                    no doubt, i bet they change the name to www.spee dee.com
                    edit, crap i didnt know that would show up in blue, dont click on it, i dont know where it will take you, maybe canada.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                      no doubt, i bet they change the name to www.spee dee.com
                      edit, crap i didnt know that would show up in blue, dont click on it, i dont know where it will take you, maybe canada.

Did someone say Road Trip up to Canada. How much is there gas prices,

And for all of you Canada posters, I am so sorry that the rest of us now look down on you as far as a nation.

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
                        Did someone say Road Trip up to Canada. How much is there gas prices,

And for all of you Canada posters, I am so sorry that the rest of us now look down on you as far as a nation.
                        i think its pretty high,,, what happened with canada.

Comment

I have something like 20+ parking tickets that have been issued by campus security for parking at an expired meter.

I have 6 speeding tickets that I've all just voluntarily paid for.

You mean your telling me that you issue citations to vehilces and you have 6 speeding citations. You need to find another job or learn how to be a better driver and dont brag about how many citations you have. Do you sven still have a drivers license? You said 6 speeding tickets, which 6 moving violations = 16pts. You are either bs all of us or you just dont have a DL

Comment

Originally posted by Crex4242
                            You mean your telling me that you issue citations to vehilces and you have 6 speeding citations. You need to find another job or learn how to be a better driver and dont brag about how many citations you have. Do you sven still have a drivers license? You said 6 speeding tickets, which 6 moving violations = 16pts. You are either bs all of us or you just dont have a DL
                            she;s not an officer, but would like to be one

Comment

Originally posted by Crex4242

Once again, it all depends on where you live. In Saskatchewan speeding tickets used to be only 1 point and now they're two. They only stay on your licence for two years. My first four tickets I got when they were worth only 1 point which added up to 4 points and the other two were worth 2 points each which adds up to 4. 4 +4 = 8 points. Now, my first three tickets are already off my licence (I got them all close together) so that's 3 points off which puts my points to 5 points. Come December I'll have another ticket off my licence and I'll be down to 4 points. I do have a driver's license.

Comment

Once again, it all depends on where you live. In Saskatchewan speeding tickets used to be only 1 point and now they're two. They only stay on your licence for two years. My first four tickets I got when they were worth only 1 point which added up to 4 points and the other two were worth 2 points each which adds up to 4. 4 +4 = 8 points. Now, my first three tickets are already off my licence (I got them all close together) so that's 3 points off which puts my points to 5 points. Come December I'll have another ticket off my licence and I'll be down to 4 points. I do have a driver's license.
                                In the U.S., all convictions will still show up on your driving record. It will show how many points you once had, if you ever went to driving school, all prior suspensions, name change/address changes, how many points your currently have, etc. The tickets just don't disappear.

A driver's complete history is displayed when I run a computer check. I would bet that is also the case in Canada.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3911 users online. 264 members and 3647 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X