Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I guess she'll have fun explaining why she parked illegally to save a few buck in her interview, not to mention the tickets.

Originally posted by gotthblues
    one of her first posts, she said that she wanted to become a mountie, in candada.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
      Well, I guess she'll have fun explaining why she parked illegally to save a few buck in her interview, not to mention the tickets.
      The parking tickets are handed out by non-policial people at my university and are not connected with me at all. All they have as a form of identification of whose car it is is the license plate. My car is not registered under my name; it's registered under my dad's name. No where is my name associated with that car. Therefore, my parking tickets cannot be used against me. Parking tickets are merely a form of revenue and a way of regulating parking at the university.

My city does not work the same as your city.

And I've saved more than a few bucks by not plugging the meter. I've saved something like almost $300. Sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't. It's all a matter of timing.
      Last edited by Spee-Dee; 08-18-2005, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
        The parking tickets are handed out by non-policial people at my university and are not connected with me at all. All they have as a form of identification of whose car it is is the license plate. My car is not registered under my name; it's registered under my dad's name. No where is my name associated with that car. Therefore, my parking tickets cannot be used against me. Parking tickets are merely a form of revenue and a way of regulating parking at the university.

My city does not work the same as your city.
        so you would not take responsiblity for YOUR OWN ACTIONS, thats nice,

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
          so you would not take responsiblity for YOUR OWN ACTIONS, thats nice,
          Hey, I pay for my tickets. I'm just stating that parking tickets ARE NOT USED AGAINST US HERE FOR THAT REASON! Just like in Edmonton, speeding tickets from photo radar do not affect your insurance premiums because there's no evidence that you were the one driving the vehicle at the time.

Comment

I can guarantee they will ask you how many parking & speeding tickets you have received. It may not affect you as a civillian but it will affect your plans to join the RCMP.
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Hey, I pay for my tickets. I'm just stating that parking tickets ARE NOT USED AGAINST US HERE FOR THAT REASON! Just like in Edmonton, speeding tickets from photo radar do not affect your insurance premiums because there's no evidence that you were the one driving the vehicle at the time.
              i didnt say you didnt pay them, but you said that there is no way of tracing the parking tickets to you, and my point is that i believe in one of your very first post, you said you wanted to get on board with the rcmp, right, well you obviously dont take responsibility for you actions with a statement like that. thats not a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                I can guarantee they will ask you how many parking & speeding tickets you have received. It may not affect you as a civillian but it will affect your plans to join the RCMP.

Speeding tickets will, parking tickets won't. Due to my relatively young age I'm going to attempt to count upon keeping my record clean for the next 6 or 7 years until it's time for me to apply. Young people do stupid things and make stupid mistakes. Yes, as it stands right now a pattern can be seen developing. Now it is my duty to see to it that from now on I keep that pattern from occuring.

So far every honesty and integrity form I've seen for LEO jobs around here say to EXCLUDE parking tickets.

Comment

You didn't just make a mistake, you willfully & illegally parked to save a few bucks. I have a few parking tickets myself, one was in front of an abandoned lot entrance and I thought it was OK to park there, one was at college where I had paid for a permit but hadn't received the sticker yet and one was in NYC where I read the sign wrong. Those are mistakes. What you did was willful and with intent to break the law repeatedly. Is it the worst thing in the world, no, but by reading what you have written in this thread it is readily apparent that you don't take responsibility for your actions.

Comment

[QUOTE=Spee-Dee]Speeding tickets will, parking tickets won't. Due to my relatively young age I'm going to attempt to count upon keeping my record clean for the next 6 or 7 years until it's time for me to apply. Young people do stupid things and make stupid mistakes. Yes, as it stands right now a pattern can be seen developing. Now it is my duty to see to it that from now on I keep that pattern from occuring.

So far every honesty and integrity form I've seen for LEO jobs around here say to EXCLUDE parking tickets.[/QUOTE\
                    well thats stupid then, no parking tickets are not the crime of the century, but it shows that you have no respect for authority and complete disregard for rules. that also is not a good thing. basically to me, it show that you do what ever you want and **** on what everyone else thinks.

Comment

And I've saved more than a few bucks by not plugging the meter. I've saved something like almost $300. Sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't. It's all a matter of timing.

So your 20 years old, at least by your profile. You have 6 speeding tickets, and countless parking tickets. Can you say you need to find a life, instead of trying to figure out how to work the system YOU want to work for in couple of years.

In your recent post you have talked a lot about directing traffic, and this and that. You make me think you are going to be a little corrupted cop. This is well into the makings of a corrupt cop.

Comment

Don

Comment

I have something like 20+ parking tickets that have been issued by campus security for parking at an expired meter.
                          I have 6 speeding tickets that I've all just voluntarily paid for.
                          I'm not proud of it...but these things happen, especially when you drive more than 250,000 km mainly within the city in less than four years.
                          Lets see you drove 250,000 Km in 4 years. That is 155,342 miles in 4 years. I have driven more then that in the 5 years that I have had my DL I have ZERO tickets on my driving record, speeding or parking. I just look at the little signs on the side of the road that tells me what the speed limit is and I DO IT. Try it that may be a way you can avoid a ticket.

Speeding tickets will, parking tickets won't. Due to my relatively young age I'm going to attempt to count upon keeping my record clean for the next 6 or 7 years until it's time for me to apply. Young people do stupid things and make stupid mistakes. Yes, as it stands right now a pattern can be seen developing. Now it is my duty to see to it that from now on I keep that pattern from occuring.
                          So far every honesty and integrity form I've seen for LEO jobs around here say to EXCLUDE parking tickets.
                          So from your post you are going to hold off applying until you are 26 or 27 just so you dont have to worry as much about the tickets. Sorry spee dee you are not going to be able to get off that easy. Like they have said during you Back Ground Investigation they will find out about all of them.

Also how is your DL not suspended 6 speeding tickets. You should be suspended. Also your insurance must be very expensive.
                          New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the *******. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande? half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge *******.

Comment

damn thread hijackers,

did anyone else notice that.

Comment

Give whoever gives out the tickets a call and give them your plate number. They will know if that was your ticket or not. (If it is, they may even just give you a warning for it because you're being so responsible to inquire about it.)

I always get parking tickets at school. (It's cheaper than paying for parking and it doesn't go against my licence or anything, as the vehicle's not mine.) I got a ticket once and someone took it off my windshield. About three weeks later I (well, actually it was my dad, as it's technically his car) got a letter from Campus Security stating that I had an unpaid parking ticket and now rather than paying the $5 fee, I owe $50. I was like, WTF? What ticket? (I always pay my tickets promptly so that I avoid these nasty letters.) I explained to them that someone must have taken it off my car and then explained to them that I always pay my parking tickets on time, which they have evidence of. They let me pay the $5.
                              SEE MY ABOVE POST.

Comment

Originally posted by explorerscout83
                                Lets see you drove 250,000 Km in 4 years. That is 155,342 miles in 4 years. I have driven more then that in the 5 years that I have had my DL I have ZERO tickets on my driving record, speeding or parking. I just look at the little signs on the side of the road that tells me what the speed limit is and I DO IT. Try it that may be a way you can avoid a ticket.

So from your post you are going to hold off applying until you are 26 or 27 just so you dont have to worry as much about the tickets. Sorry spee dee you are not going to be able to get off that easy. Like they have said during you Back Ground Investigation they will find out about all of them.

Also how is your DL not suspended 6 speeding tickets. You should be suspended. Also your insurance must be very expensive.
                                I got a 30 day license suspension after the first three. After that they just started making me take driving courses, but now that I'm off my new driver probationary period I don't get punished as often. My first three tickets are already off my license and the forth one will be coming off in December.

My license still only costs $25/year and my plates for my car work out to $53/month, but my dad pays for plates while I'm at university.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2635 users online. 175 members and 2460 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X