Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No no, I don't want to argue this. I just get annoyed by people who drive the "suggested speed" and continue to drive that speed in the merge lane and NEVER get up to the speed of traffic. The only people who are worse are the ones who decide they can't merge in time and they put the breaks on and stop. WHY? Why is merging so difficult for some people?[/QUOTE]

why is driving a straight line so difficult, why is driving the speed limit so difficult for people
    are you saying they should go ahead and merge and cut someone off.

Comment

• they must do things different up north eh? well i am out...time to let this thread die
      si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by gotthblues
        okay i was worried about canada for a second, *but i was laughing my butt off*
        but you are avoiding the ????? are you going to argue with suggested speeds.
        Oh, I thought you meant argue with you. I'll be honest, won't argue with it, but I'm not going to slam on my brakes to get my car to go from 90 to 60 when I know I can safely take it at 80. But like I said earlier, if the road conditions are terrible I'll slow down to 40 or less if necessary. I have no problem driving slow when I see a reason to. (Grandma doing 50 in the fast lane in a 90 zone is not a reason for me to drive 50 in the fast lane though. I'm still going to get mad and swear to myself as I pass her in the right lane as safely as possible while she continues to impede traffic. I wish we had minimum speed limits.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spee-Dee
          Oh, I thought you meant argue with you. I'll be honest, won't argue with it, but I'm not going to slam on my brakes to get my car to go from 90 to 60 when I know I can safely take it at 80. But like I said earlier, if the road conditions are terrible I'll slow down to 40 or less if necessary. I have no problem driving slow when I see a reason to. (Grandma doing 50 in the fast lane in a 90 zone is not a reason for me to drive 50 in the fast lane though. I'm still going to get mad and swear to myself as I pass her in the right lane as safely as possible while she continues to impede traffic. I wish we had minimum speed limits.)
          so you would rather have someone drive faster than they feel comfortable with, and be a danger, then cause who knows what.

Comment

• Originally posted by 00svtlightning
            they must do things different up north eh? well i am out...time to let this thread die
            this thread died along time ago when it was *spee dee jacked* , sorry spee d, couldnt help it.

Comment

No no, I don't want to argue this. I just get annoyed by people who drive the "suggested speed" and continue to drive that speed in the merge lane and NEVER get up to the speed of traffic. The only people who are worse are the ones who decide they can't merge in time and they put the breaks on and stop. WHY? Why is merging so difficult for some people?

why is driving a straight line so difficult, why is driving the speed limit so difficult for people
              are you saying they should go ahead and merge and cut someone off.[/QUOTE]

Only if necessary. When I did it I felt it was necessary and I guess you could say justice was served to me after doing so.

No, I'm saying that A. the people to the left of the merge lane should change lanes and give the merging people the right of way as law requires and B. the person merging should at least get their vehicle up to the posted speed for where they are merging to.

Comment

this thread died along time ago when it was *spee dee jacked* , sorry spee d, couldnt help it.
                What was this thread about originally anyways?

Comment

so you would rather have someone drive faster than they feel comfortable with, and be a danger, then cause who knows what.

I thought that part of getting a license to drive required you to be a competent driver, thus meaning you could safely drive the posted speeds? What defines a competent driver then?

Comment

are you saying they should go ahead and merge and cut someone off.
                    Only if necessary. When I did it I felt it was necessary and I guess you could say justice was served to me after doing so.

No, I'm saying that A. the people to the left of the merge lane should change lanes and give the merging people the right of way as law requires and B. the person merging should at least get their vehicle up to the posted speed for where they are merging to.[/QUOTE]
                    i thought you guys didnt have multi lane roads,???????????????? i could be wrong but i dont member seeing a statute here saying you HAD to move over, i do it out of courtesy.

Comment

What was this thread about originally anyways?
                      i dont know, my eyes crossed when it got jacked,

Comment

I thought that part of getting a license to drive required you to be a competent driver, thus meaning you could safely drive the posted speeds? What defines a competent driver then?
                        do you not think your skills will drop when you get older, ???????? besides, you specifically outed old folks, soooooooooo?

Comment

No, I'm saying that A. the people to the left of the merge lane should change lanes and give the merging people the right of way as law requires and B. the person merging should at least get their vehicle up to the posted speed for where they are merging to.
                          i thought you guys didnt have multi lane roads,???????????????? i could be wrong but i dont member seeing a statute here saying you HAD to move over, i do it out of courtesy.[/QUOTE]

Here's the road that I'm referring to in about 95% of all my posts. I made it into a diagram. It's what we in Saskatchewan refer to as a "multi-lane road." (It has a whole two lanes. Sometimes there's a third lane for 500 meters or so though.)

Sorry. It's a bit blurry and confusing in places.

Comment

do you not think your skills will drop when you get older, ???????? besides, you specifically outed old folks, soooooooooo?
                            Don't even get me started on old people. I just about got my car backed into in an intersection by some old guy who neglected to clear the intersection when his light turned red. He was blocking 2.5 lanes in the intersection. I slowed down to go around him and then his reverse lights came on and I slammed on my brakes and my horn as he continued to back up. That's not the first time that's happened either. I use my defensive driving skills quite regularly when the elderly are out driving.

I can even tell you another story about an old lady that even comes with a diagram that I have left on my computer from explaining it to my friend.

I will admit though that some of the elderly are as good at driving as I am. In fact, I am ashamed to admit that I got schooled by an old man who raced me at a red light. My friends will never let me live that one down. (Just for the record, he challenged me first. I do not make it a habit to race the elderly. Also note that this happened two years ago.)

Comment

• THAT IS A MULTI LANE ROAD, , my gosh this whole time i felt bad for you guys, for having what i thought was two lanes only, it looks like a 4 lane divided road to me, what in the crap are you complaining for if you have two lanes in the same direction and you complain about people not driving fast enough, YOU ARE ME

Comment

Don't even get me started on old people. I just about got my car backed into in an intersection by some old guy who neglected to clear the intersection when his light turned red. He was blocking 2.5 lanes in the intersection. I slowed down to go around him and then his reverse lights came on and I slammed on my brakes and my horn as he continued to back up. That's not the first time that's happened either. I use my defensive driving skills quite regularly when the elderly are out driving.

I can even tell you another story about an old lady that even comes with a diagram that I have left on my computer from explaining it to my friend.

I will admit though that some of the elderly are as good at driving as I am. In fact, I am ashamed to admit that I got schooled by an old man who raced me at a red light. My friends will never let me live that one down. (Just for the record, he challenged me first. I do not make it a habit to race the elderly. Also note that this happened two years ago.)
                                well you brought them up, asking them to drive faster when their reflexes and what not have slowed, is just stupid,
                                and if you went around them in the intersection red light or not, you are to blame, just cause you have a green light and someone runs a red light, does that mean you have the right to barrel on your way, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. YOU RE KILLIN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3248 users online. 218 members and 3030 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X