X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tennsix
    ...or speed limits.
    baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sorry spee d, but that was funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by gotthblues
      baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sorry spee d, but that was funny.

+1 on that
      si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by Tennsix
        ...or speed limits.

I'm not going there.

When it comes to traffic laws I do believe that some are suggestions. I believe that suggested speed signs are merely that and I don't think that a "suggested speed of 60 kph" is necessary on a clear sunny day with perfect road conditions when I could easily take the entrance ramp at the 90 kph speed limit. Sure when it's -45

Comment

• [QUOTE=Spee-Dee]I'm not going there.

When it comes to traffic laws I do believe that some are suggestions. I believe that suggested speed signs are merely that and I don't think that a "suggested speed of 60 kph" is necessary on a clear sunny day with perfect road conditions when I could easily take the entrance ramp at the 90 kph speed limit. Sure when it's -45

Comment

• well lets see since my truck handles just as good as a mustang has a top speed of over 140...i think those 75mph signs r bs......oh wait
            si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by 00svtlightning
              well lets see since my truck handles just as good as a mustang has a top speed of over 140...i think those 75mph signs r bs......oh wait
              yea but isnt a speeding tick in sd or montana like $5.

Comment

+1 on that

+2 on that

Comment

• I dunno....never have gotten one
                  si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

I dunno....never have gotten one
                    i just heard a comedian talking about that area once, something like he got pulled over and received a cite. and it was like $5, so he handed the trooper a $50 and said ' here bufford, i plan on speeding through your crappy state'
                    i thought it was funny, ,
                    is your sled stock or have u modified it.

Comment

• slightly modified
                      si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

well lets see since my truck handles just as good as a mustang has a top speed of over 140...i think those 75mph signs r bs......oh wait
                        That's not what I mean. As you should know, there's posted speeds and then suggested speeds.

I'm talking about these:

NOT these:

Personally, I'd like these:

And I'm at some point some of you would like to have these posted:

Comment

slightly modified
                          thats what i was thinkin,

Comment

• SPEE DEE , SPEE DEE, SPEE DEE, please tell me those are not real signs, dont get me wrong i like the crap out of them, if they are i like how smart *** the gov. is up there.
                            as for suggested speeds, you cant get ticketed for them, least not here, but they are there for a reason. pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase tell me you dont want to argue with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by gotthblues
                              SPEE DEE , SPEE DEE, SPEE DEE, please tell me those are not real signs, dont get me wrong i like the crap out of them, if they are i like how smart *** the gov. is up there.
                              as for suggested speeds, you cant get ticketed for them, least not here, but they are there for a reason. pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase tell me you dont want to argue with this.

Holy crap! I just accidently came upon this site http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/pho.../photo135p.htm. I think it's a sign. I don't like that picture. I don't even want to think what became of the driver.

The first two are obviously real. The last one is not a street sign on a public road, but it is on a road that's private property.

No no, I don't want to argue this. I just get annoyed by people who drive the "suggested speed" and continue to drive that speed in the merge lane and NEVER get up to the speed of traffic. The only people who are worse are the ones who decide they can't merge in time and they put the breaks on and stop. WHY? Why is merging so difficult for some people?
                              Last edited by Spee-Dee; 08-26-2005, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                                Holy crap! I just accidently came upon this site http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/pho.../photo135p.htm. I think it's a sign. I don't like that picture. I don't even want to think what became of the driver.

The first two are obviously real. The last one is not a street sign on a public road, but it is on a road that's private property.
                                okay i was worried about canada for a second, *but i was laughing my butt off*
                                but you are avoiding the ????? are you going to argue with suggested speeds.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2672 users online. 177 members and 2495 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X