300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repo-ed car...stereo still inside.

Today I met a friend of a friend that was with me. Now within the first 30 seconds I just knew that this guy was in idiot. (stereotyping but...) he had a ball cap on slightly askew (I HATE THAT) big pants, maybe 17 or 18. So he ends up telling my friend this story:

His car was repo-ed because he was caught speeding and didn't have any insurance. He was doing 160kph in a 60kph. (I also found out during the conversation that he doesn't even have a license.) The officer was being nice and pulled him over and was going to let him go home (walking) and that was it. Then apparently another officer pulled up and asked if the 1st officer had searched the car. In the car they found a collapsible baton. So he was charged with 63kph over the limit and concealed weapon. Of course he thinks this is all stupid and can't understand it. (i'm sitting listening trying to not open my mouth and say something stupid about his actions..)

Anyways, his biggest concern is his NEW $4000 (CAN) stereo that he was in the middle of installing. He says that's why he was speeding, trying to go and pick up the part that he was missing before the store closed. The repo yard told him he can't get his stuff out of the car unless he pays the fee he owes them (~$30/day) to get the car out. Once they give him back the car they notify the police.

So he then proceeds to tell me (and my friend) that he plans on going into the repo yard at night and "steal" the stereo out of his car. AND so that they don't suspect him, he's going to smash a couple other cars that are there.

In my opinion this guy should be out of the reproductive chain by an act of darwinism.

Would I be out of place to call the police in advance and warn them that this is going to happen? Or any other ideas or thoughts?

Have a ball..

Wow tough spot. Anyhow whichever way you choose it's your choice. You report which would be the legal and moral thing to do they invetigate he claims he's blowing off steam cause he's ****ed at what happened. Ya don't say something till it happens then you may possibly be held for obstruction or any other type of charge they can think of. Ultimately it's your choice and no one can make it for you.
    Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

Anybody who breaks into pretty much any tow yard I can think of is gonna get a hurtin' for certain. They usually have dogs, and not Chihuahuas or shih-tzus. They also usually have lots of barbed wire, cameras, etc. This guy is not the first yo-yo to think he's gonna "go get his **** back".

Comment

You can best answer that question. It all depends upon your character, and only you know your true character

Comment

the aftermath

make sure you post up what happens to them after they get their leg chewed off by the dog and shot in the butt by the trigger happy lot attendant.
          Applied to Marietta PD-August 8, 2005
          Written test passed-August 16, 2005
          Background book turned in-September 6, 2005
          Oral board passed-September 12, 2005
          Psych test-September 16, 2005
          Polygraph test passed-September 26, 2005

Comment

I'm in the process of trying to find out the idiots name, then i'm making the official call.

And for sure I will definately let you know what happens.

Thanks for the positive remarks

Comment

Originally posted by medic_9
              I'm in the process of trying to find out the idiots name, then i'm making the official call.

And for sure I will definately let you know what happens.

Thanks for the positive remarks
              I don't know if I would call or not. This guy could just be talking crap like most "gangstas" do or he could be serious. Even if he is serious, that stereo belongs to him. I think that if people are going to lose their cars they should be able to get any personal items out of it first. However, it is wrong that he's breaking the law to do that. Then again, if he's willing to break into the junkyard and smash some other cars while stealing back his own stuff then the stereo that he wants may have already stolen once by him. Now that I think about it, I'd call the police on that dude. You don't know what kind of $hit he's into and you'de feel bad if an innocent person got hurt due to his breaking and entering.

Comment

the reason the tow yards dont let anyone have there personal belongings from there car is that they dont want to get stuck with there car.they want the owners to come pay the charges and remove the vehicle from the lot.

i own a towing company in rochester new york and we do not allow anyone access to there vehicle untill all charges are paid in full.it cost's us money to tow that vehicle fule,driver commision and it is taking up space in the lot.i have had a few people break in and try to steal there stuff and then try and balme us but thank god for surveliance camera's.

Comment

Originally posted by medic_9
                  Why does it matter if you know his name? I would say if you told the local PD....and something does go down....they will be able to find out the name of the idiot who owns the only car bashed up missing the stereo...right?

As someone already mentioned...if you do not report this...you might be in the loop as a conspirator.

best of luck
                  An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Oops...I forgot to post this. I made the call on Thursday to the police. All reported. Now i'm just looking forward to seeing a little blip in the paper about this idiot..

Comment

Just for the record, the police do not repo vehicles; they impound.

A repo is where you don't pay the note and the lienholder takes their property back. That is a civil matter that does not involve police action.

Just wanted to clarify that since we're constantly being called to take a stolen vehicle report only to find that the turd was 3 notes behind and was repo'ed.

Comment

Am I actually reading posts suggesting that it would be OK for this guy to trespass on property, damage other people's vehicles, and whatever other crimes he intends to commit just because his stereo is still in the car that was impounded due to other criminal behavior??? There should be no question that the police should be given a heads up on this. You losers need to get a clue.
                        God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Maybe if he didn't buy such an expensive system he may be still driving the car. So I believe its his own dumbass who got into trouble without paying the notes.

Comment

Maybe if he wasn't driving 160 in a 60 zone without a license or insurance he wouldn't have even been caught. You know you have no insurance and no license, yet you drive like an idiot anyways and then get mad when you get caught. The fact that he was going to get a warning to begin with disgusts me. 100 kph over the speed limit no license and no insurance. So what would have happened if he would have hit and killed someone then?

Just out of curiousity, what kind of car does he drive and does he have it chotched out?

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                              Just out of curiousity, what kind of car does he drive and does he have it chotched out?
                              I'm not too sure as I had never met this guy before. My other friend thinks it was a Ford Cougar (older model) but that's all I know.

And yes I agree..If you already have no license and no insurance how could you even think about driving so irratically and expect NOT to get caught. Maybe it's just us but...DUH!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5251 users online. 340 members and 4911 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X