Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A liitle international flava

Who has lived overseas? Where and when?

For me, I spend almost 2 years (1968 & 69) in Okinawa. And I lived for 6 mos in London back in 89.
    Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

I lived in Israel for a year back in 89/90 -- I left just as the 1st Gulf War was getting started.
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

We emigrated to Australia when I was a toddler but sadly we came back when I was five. [Frown]

Comment

Moved to London when I was 9, Came back when I was old enough

I have two brothers and a sister.. I just can't wait to see how we all turn out when my siblings are grown up (sis is 1, bro 3, other bro 19).

My little little bro and sister live in Ireland, my younger bro moved back to the US when he was 16 and I stayed in the UK till I was 21. Its gonna be strange how different we all end up.

[ 06-15-2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: J-WS6 ]

Comment

Lives in England for a year when I was a whole 2 years old!
          Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
          -Mark Twain

Comment

I lived (and worked) in Bosnia for about 2 and a half years (99-02). Not as exotic as some of the other places mentioned...but was able to visit lots of nicer places while living there!

Comment

Spent a night in Vancouver last summer...does that count?
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Lived in: London for a year when I was 6, Perugia, Italy when I was 7, Vienna, Austria when I was 9. Moved back to the States when I was 10, then moved to Tripoli, Libya when I was 11. Lived in Cairo, Egypt for two year (12 & 13), Tunis, Tunisia when I was 14, Paris (15), Luxembourg for three years (16, 17, 18). Back to beautiful Parris Island, SC for Boot Camp, then NC for MOS school. Lived in Okinawa for a year and the Phillipines for a year.
                Visited: last count was 61 countries.
                Mom and step-dad were teachers in American schools overseas.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by ateamer:
                  Spent a night in Vancouver last summer...does that count?

Yes it counts! As does my 12 days in Amsterdam .

I moved from LA to Scotland (my mum was missing the rain it seems)and lived there for most of life. But now live in NY. Been to a few places but none beat here.
                  Daisy NY

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by diver923:
                    Lived in: London for a year when I was 6, Perugia, Italy when I was 7, Vienna, Austria when I was 9. Moved back to the States when I was 10, then moved to Tripoli, Libya when I was 11. Lived in Cairo, Egypt for two year (12 & 13), Tunis, Tunisia when I was 14, Paris (15), Luxembourg for three years (16, 17, 18). Back to beautiful Parris Island, SC for Boot Camp, then NC for MOS school. Lived in Okinawa for a year and the Phillipines for a year.
                    Visited: last count was 61 countries.
                    Mom and step-dad were teachers in American schools overseas.

I bet your most successful chat up line is "I can say I love you in 7 different languages". Always worked for a female friend of mine!
                    Daisy NY

Comment

I Lived in israel for about 2 .5 years in the mid 90's
                      what a beautiful amazing place!
                      May G-d bless you, keep you safe, and always keep you in his loving care

Comment

Daisy - that's because your friend was female. All she had to do was say, "My name is...", and the guys were hooked. You women tend to be much more selective. ha!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6507 users online. 362 members and 6145 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X