300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back

After taking a sabbatical from this place for about the last year, right before I graduated the academy; I decided I better come back for some more fun. New screen name if y'all are wondering.

I've had to take some time to get my credit straightened out a little bit, so I haven't apply yet; but now the time has come to start, and race season is almost half over. I'm the staff writer for the Valley Off Road Racing Association this season, which opened some doors and should be published in a major 4x4 magazine this year.

I will be applying to some depts. here in the Central Valley, but I'm going to concentrate on getting hired in New Mexico, somewhere around the Santa Fe/NE New Mexico area.

Noticed a lot of new peeps hanging out here, a lot from across the pond. Also saw a lot of old ones too. Hopefully I will have more input and more questions than my first go around.
    Really? Guess what, I still don't care.

Who were you before?
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Either MdntRdr or TheMdntRdr, can't remember. I didn't really post too much, just lurked.

I also started a new job right before I graduated the academy (non-LEO) to make a little more $$$$ for the credit issues.

I've pretty much taken a year and a half off (probably not the smartest thing) after graduation. I was about ready to start applying when I found out about this staff writer position and it's something I've always wanted to do even though this position isn't paid. I just get hotel rooms and a few perks, the travel and everything else comes out of my pocket.

I was looking around the other night and noticed a familiar name from one of my 4x4 sites, but haven't asked if it's the same guy.

Just one question though, is that one guy EPDsomething or another, the big cop union guy from back east still around these parts? Haven't seen any posts from him since I've been back. He was pretty entertaining .
      Really? Guess what, I still don't care.

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Bubba Ray Boudreaux:
        Just one question though, is that one guy EPDsomething or another, the big cop union guy from back east still around these parts? Haven't seen any posts from him since I've been back. He was pretty entertaining .

He's been gone for a while, now.

Welcome back
        Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3288 users online. 163 members and 3125 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X