Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working at home

I hate impaired drivers!!!!!!

Does everyone work at home? Or have you worked at home during your careers??

I am an hour and half into writting up an impaired.

I have a new road supervisor and she is trying to turn us all into SUPER investigators. She is kicking back everything from by-law tickets to drunks with a list of 1-4 things to do on the files!

I know have 45 files on the go because in the last month she has kicked over 20 back. She is awesome to go to calls with, she has a major crime back ground and has so much knowledge, and a great person, but that "drowning" feeling that I had on RFT is returning!!!

Looks like when the baby finally arrives this week or next, I'll be spending the first month of my Pat Leave in the office doing paper.

Originally posted by cst.sb
    I hate impaired drivers!!!!!!

Does everyone work at home? Or have you worked at home during your careers??

I am an hour and half into writting up an impaired.

I have a new road supervisor and she is trying to turn us all into SUPER investigators. She is kicking back everything from by-law tickets to drunks with a list of 1-4 things to do on the files!

I know have 45 files on the go because in the last month she has kicked over 20 back. She is awesome to go to calls with, she has a major crime back ground and has so much knowledge, and a great person, but that "drowning" feeling that I had on RFT is returning!!!

Looks like when the baby finally arrives this week or next, I'll be spending the first month of my Pat Leave in the office doing paper.
    i NEVER took it home,, screw that,, i had a capt like that,, it was really a pain in the *** at first,, but it is well worth it when it comes time for court and you get a really salty def. attorney. plus if you can please those demands, then you can handle any other supervisor. if they wanted to pay me time and half, or comp. time i would take it home, but they wont do that.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
      i NEVER took it home,, screw that,, i had a capt like that,, it was really a pain in the *** at first,, but it is well worth it when it comes time for court and you get a really salty def. attorney. plus if you can please those demands, then you can handle any other supervisor. if they wanted to pay me time and half, or comp. time i would take it home, but they wont do that.
      You are so right, and I do know that. I am a big fan of good work and not create bad case law, as well. It just p****** me off to get a parking ticket bounced because I didn't card the vehicle or RO to the file. It was parking ticket that would have went to the by-enforcment guys if they'd be on shift. You just drive up write a quick ticket, stick it under the wiper and call for a two truck -DONE.. Oh well....

Another one was a very well documented B&E at the Habitat for Humanity store, where they sell recycled building supplies. I didn't explore the possibility of an "inside job".... read the file!!! hahaha It was the HABITAT for HUMANITY STORE!!!!! filled with vollunteers and handicapped employees. If they wanted money that bad they would go out and get paying jobs and not steal copper wire to recycle by cutting a hole in the fance and hotwiring a forklift!!!!

Oh well.. when this is all done my team will all be superstars!

Did you Capt leave? Or did you guys just finally figure out what he was looking for in your work?
      Last edited by cst.sb; 08-12-2005, 08:09 PM.

Comment

no he's still there,, i left (corprate security consultant) horrible mistake, after awhile he slacked off a little,, but it was getting to that point to,, perfection on a $5 parking ticket,,,what, i am all for it on arrest reports,, but some of that crap got stupid. he still hammered some, but i guess i proved worthy,, so i had a great time,, no worries after a certain point, i could do and go as i pleased.

Comment

Believe me, cst. sb., over the last 30 years I have been in about the same saddle as you, although paternity leave came in LONG after our last child was born (I am thinking about asking for retroactive PL - if it's 6 months per child, I am looking at 30 months, which would take me to JUST ABOUT 32.5 years complete; however, back to the topic...)

Given some of your other postings on here, I am assuming that you are PRIMEd for your paperwork, unless you have been SPURSed into a different PIRSpective? Again, I know of what you speak, my son - we are becoming PROS at paperwork in "F" Division, so while you may be VERSAtile in the mid-TERM, I have my own little NICHE, you might say!

My two Traffic Service partners, as well as the 4 Detachment members and 3 Community Detachment member, are EXTREMELY fortunate in that we have 2 top-notch clerks (1 FT & 1 PT) that are VERY fast AND accurate at PROS. This is particularly helpful to us on TS - we throw them our tickets and they enter the occurence, and eventually update the Court outcome, without us having to dirty our hands with that crap again, unless some "client" decides to plead NG.

Just about EVERYONE in "F" Division puts in some "voluntary" overtime on a regular basis, mainly to feed the database beast with reports. I have lost count of the number of hours that I have put in without being able to make an overtime claim.

And not that cst.sb. and I do not appreciate your efforts, but before some other O.com members bother posting any thoughts about us talking to our Union reps about us being abused, don't bother, because we are NOT unionized, and are BARRED from doing so by Federal law. Just all part of the package when we joined this horse-and-rider outfit!
          #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
          Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
          RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
          Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
          "Smile" - no!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteBroccolo
            And not that cst.sb. and I do not appreciate your efforts, but before some other O.com members bother posting any thoughts about us talking to our Union reps about us being abused, don't bother, because we are NOT unionized, and are BARRED from doing so by Federal law. Just all part of the package when we joined this horse-and-rider outfit!
            Really? I had no idea the RCMP weren't unionized. I always thought that all police forces were in some sort of a police union. Which labor laws do you follow then?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteBroccolo
              Believe me, cst. sb., over the last 30 years I have been in about the same saddle as you, although paternity leave came in LONG after our last child was born (I am thinking about asking for retroactive PL - if it's 6 months per child, I am looking at 30 months, which would take me to JUST ABOUT 32.5 years complete; however, back to the topic...)

Given some of your other postings on here, I am assuming that you are PRIMEd for your paperwork, unless you have been SPURSed into a different PIRSpective? Again, I know of what you speak, my son - we are becoming PROS at paperwork in "F" Division, so while you may be VERSAtile in the mid-TERM, I have my own little NICHE, you might say!

My two Traffic Service partners, as well as the 4 Detachment members and 3 Community Detachment member, are EXTREMELY fortunate in that we have 2 top-notch clerks (1 FT & 1 PT) that are VERY fast AND accurate at PROS. This is particularly helpful to us on TS - we throw them our tickets and they enter the occurence, and eventually update the Court outcome, without us having to dirty our hands with that crap again, unless some "client" decides to plead NG.

Just about EVERYONE in "F" Division puts in some "voluntary" overtime on a regular basis, mainly to feed the database beast with reports. I have lost count of the number of hours that I have put in without being able to make an overtime claim.

Hey Pete! We are still using ROADS and I think that next year will be on PRIME. I think it will be a lot like PROS when it starts up, with every little detail needing to be added to the database.

I try not to whine about the VOT and I never claim post shift OT unless it's 2 hours or more.. but with the new Cpl kicking back paper it's been tuff. Like I said before, she is amazing to go to files on, a total inspiration. She's on holidays this block and with Bruce Springstein playing at an out door concert the clients stopped stabbing themselves and I banged off 19 of my diary dates!!! (and not one returned!)

And the Pat leave, wow, what an amazing benefit! It more than makes up for 6 monthsat depot no pay!

Did you see we had the commish in town today for Smokey's funeral? I only saw a clip on the news but it looked like he rushed over to help a soldier that colapsed from the heat.

And Spee Dee, we have no union, but we do have Staff reps and a process to deal with greviences. I am little more pro union than most, but so far from what I have seen of the processes in place they seem fair. And being part of the RCMP is like being part of the mob, just when you think you can leave, they pull you back in.. It's funny how seeing that scarlet tunic hanging in the closet can change your day.

Comment

um...I got a crazy idea...have you tried saying no? Can the brass really force you to write your reports at home, on your off time?

If so, I am sorry, that would suck, they must have you by the balls up there

That sh*it would not fly around here, but then again, we have a strong union.

Comment

Originally posted by JHoek
                  um...I got a crazy idea...have you tried saying no? Can the brass really force you to write your reports at home, on your off time?

Well, it's a catch 22. If you don't ocassionally work at home you catch flak from not better managing your time, etc. Work at home and spend less time with the family, but you enjoy work more and you don't have the drowning in paper feeling. In some ways it's like your own business, what you put in is what you get out (or so you hope)

On the flip side of things we have way better benefits than our unionized brother and sisters. We have really no sick plan. You get sick you don't come to work. It's almost unlimited unless you are long term sick. We have extended health care benefits for our dependants, and almost EVERYTHING medical/dental is free for us. If you need a prescription for anything you walk up and it's handed to - no charge. And we see more on the pay check because we don't pay into union dues. Though, personally I would like to see a unionm because I still think we can improve in many areas.

Comment

Originally posted by JHoek

We're KIND OF like the Military, FBI, Secret Service, Border Patrol and ATF all rolled into one big, like-to-belly-ache family, as well as State Police/Patrol, county Sheriff and Municipal Police Services, for a kind-of comparison to typical USA LE Agencies, so you can see why the no-Union thing.

Heck, from about 1873 to about late 1960s our guys (NO women allowed in until 1974) could NOT get married until they had 7 years in AND either $2000 cash savings or equivalent value property (ie furniture). Guys were punted years ago for the dastardly deed of marrying without permission. We had to be like armed monks! Alcohol misuse was also a problem - as if you can imagine!

Usually, it is a case of, "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours!", or at least it is in this Division. Somedays, you are run off your feet, and a guy/gal has to do what s/he has to do just to keep your head barely below the water line. Other times, when it is quiet, you get to go play (insert a team sport here: baseball, hockey) while on work time. This is ONLY if you have a good Commander that understands that there are times to work hard, and times to play hard.

We CAN say no, however, but then you are just that much further behind when you get back on shift. I know it sounds weird, but hey, like we used to say, "Life is a Musical Ride, so just sit down, try to hang on and make it look like you are enjoying yourself!"
                    "Smile" - no!

Comment

Hey Pete! We are still using ROADS and I think that next year will be on PRIME. I think it will be a lot like PROS when it starts up, with every little detail needing to be added to the database.
                      I have been using ROADS (to any non-RCMP, check out www.xwave.com to see what we are talking about) since late 2001 - only Regina Detachment, Region Traffic Services and some support Units, most Battlefords units, Broadview Satellite of Yorkton RTS and my Satellite Unit have such access. I was never able to successfully use it for SPURS/PIRS file up-dating and creation, since operationally I was part of Regina, but as far as SPURS/PIRS was concerned I was Weyburn ! We understand that PRIME (see www.versaterm.com) is somewhat like PROS (see www.nicherms.com), and if so, you are in for a STEEP learning curve! It is particularly time-consuming for TS Units, as we are CONSTANTLY dealing with different "clients", particularly ones NOT already entered onto PROS, but it helps having super-efficient clerks that are sharp on PROS.

Did you see we had the commish in town today for Smokey's funeral? I only saw a clip on the news but it looked like he rushed over to help a soldier that colapsed from the heat.
                      No, I didn't see the news, but I'm glad to hear that Zack helped out. He will probably be in Regina on Wednesday for the Change Of Command ceremony, during which time A/Comm Moulton finally gets promoted back to civilian and C/Supt McFadyen gets handed the baton for "F" Division. We have put together a troop of TS Unit members from around the Division to be part of the show, along with a troop of other "F" Div members and a troop of vets.
                      "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5292 users online. 302 members and 4990 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X