Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington State Patrol Crown Vic catches fire...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mach4
    replied
    From what I heard the trooper was treated and released. If there had been major injuries you can bet it would have made the local news. And no I'm not telling how I got my info. Isla knows I have connections.

Leave a comment:

• Puget Sound
    replied
    Originally posted by Isla_
    Puget, I did a little researching for a different thread earlier. I was looking up how many Washington LEO's have been killed in car accidents. The state had the highest rate. Now I am just curious how many Wa Leo's are involved in accidents fatal or not.

edit: "state" as in staters
    Well, that's not surprising. They're out on the highways with traffic flying by doing 70+ mph. I don't exactly envy their job.

I have a huge amount of respect for them, and have had some great conversations with a couple, but I wouldn't want to be in their position every night.

Leave a comment:

• Isla_
    replied
    Puget, I did a little researching for a different thread earlier. I was looking up how many Washington LEO's have been killed in car accidents. The state had the highest rate. Now I am just curious how many Wa Leo's are involved in accidents fatal or not.

edit: "state" as in staters

Leave a comment:

• Puget Sound
    replied
    Originally posted by Isla_
    and no trip to harborview, so maybe he is/will be fine
    Yeah, good point. I hadn't thought of that, but I guess Harborview would NOT be a good sign, would it?

Perhaps he was out of the car at the time...or he was able to exit the vehicle without being engulfed...

I'd like to hear a follow-up story...or maybe we have a WA Trooper on here that could shed some light?

Leave a comment:

• Isla_
    replied
    Originally posted by Puget Sound
    Another victim of the Crown Vic flaw...

News Story

This time it strikes the Washington State Patrol. No word on how the officer is doing...

It says he was taken to a nearby hospital to be "checked out" so hopefully that's a good thing. Doesn't sound like they LifeFlighted him or anything...

and no trip to harborview, so maybe he is/will be fine

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    Originally posted by NavyCop
    Yeah, technically, thats true but the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis are virtually identical in looks. The Town Car uses the same chassis as the CV and GM but its styling is different.
    They look the same from a distance.

Leave a comment:

• NavyCop
    replied
    Originally posted by Puget Sound
    Not to get off topic, but I am pretty sure Spee-Dee is right.

Low End: Ford CV
    Mid: Merc Grand Marquis
    High End: Lincoln Town Car

Not positive...

They're different makes, but essentially the same car. Ford owns all of them, one is just nicer than the other...same chassis.

Yeah, technically, thats true but the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis are virtually identical in looks. The Town Car uses the same chassis as the CV and GM but its styling is different.
    Last edited by NavyCop; 08-10-2005, 05:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Puget Sound
    replied
    Originally posted by NavyCop
    No, the Mercury Grand Marquis is the "luxury" version of the Crown Vic.
    Not to get off topic, but I am pretty sure Spee-Dee is right.

Low End: Ford CV
    Mid: Merc Grand Marquis
    High End: Lincoln Town Car

Not positive...

They're different makes, but essentially the same car. Ford owns all of them, one is just nicer than the other...same chassis.

Leave a comment:

• NavyCop
    replied
    Originally posted by Spee-Dee
    All the more reason to slow down when passing an emergency vehicle stopped on the side of the road.

Aren't Lincoln Town Cars the same as Crown Vics only is luxury format? I know they're shaped similiar because I always get them mixed up for PCs on the highway.
    No, the Mercury Grand Marquis is the "luxury" version of the Crown Vic.

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    The Washington State Patrol says one of their troopers was rear-ended by a Lincoln Town Car while the trooper was stopped on the shoulder near NE 4th Street in Bellevue around 5 p.m. The impact of the crash caught the trooper car's trunk on fire.
    All the more reason to slow down when passing an emergency vehicle stopped on the side of the road.

Aren't Lincoln Town Cars the same as Crown Vics only is luxury format? I know they're shaped similiar because I always get them mixed up for PCs on the highway.

Leave a comment:

• Puget Sound
    started a topic Washington State Patrol Crown Vic catches fire...

Washington State Patrol Crown Vic catches fire...

Another victim of the Crown Vic flaw...

News Story

This time it strikes the Washington State Patrol. No word on how the officer is doing...

It says he was taken to a nearby hospital to be "checked out" so hopefully that's a good thing. Doesn't sound like they LifeFlighted him or anything...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5768 users online. 337 members and 5431 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X