Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-duty crashes on the rise

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...00010000000001
    stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Drive With Due Caution ALWAYS

We have discussed that more officers are killed in crashes then are ever shot
    and more are disabled. There can't be enough preaching done that says be careful out there nobody is going to drive defensively for you.
    I totaled one and thankfully never did it again. We lost a good Deputy when he hit standing water and crashed.

I can't remeber the dozens of officers that have totaled units just in the Columbus mtero area in the last 10 yrs.r

Comment

I was in one crash......that sucked... Fortuneately it was minor, but thats because we missed a telephone pole in the 360 spin......
      THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

one of the local officers here had only been with the department 5 years I think and he had been in 3 accidents if I remember correctly. Really nice guy, family man. I think the adrenaline would kick in a little too much though. Where I used to live, about the only time the officers would run code was if they were the primary unit to an accident, calls for help, or fights in progess. Most of the officers in that department had been on the job for a while and they didn't get too excited about most calls. I was lucky if we got to go 20 miles over once a week.

chat room

Comment

and here in Washington state it looks like a fair portion of the duty related deaths have to do with gunfire, with the exception of the State. They have had 26 duty related deaths to date (according to the ODMP) and only a few are deaths are not connected with vehicles.

chat room

Comment

I crashed a patrol car (a really nice Alfa Romeo 156) once. I was running code 3 and had just entered a tunnel when a little Fiat pulled into my lane on a curve and I slammed into the guard rail and totaled the car. Luckily, me and my partner were injured. Because of seatbelts, we both walked away with some scratches and nothing else.

I think part of problem with my accident was the first time I ever drove a stick was 3 weeks before at EVOC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5648 users online. 309 members and 5339 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X