300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saying thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the great conversations and advice. I think a forum where LEO's and the general public can interact is the greatest idea since the wheel. I feel your job on the street could become safer and easier with just a little shop talk between friends.

The members of O.com have been the greatest.
    Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Suck Up ...........................

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31570

My post -number 96
      I own and operate a 18 wheeler,
      (Then I go on to say this job includes) being a accountant, mechanic, dispatcher, lawyer public affairs ., etc. any thing you might find a small business owner doing

Then I say that I travel with my wife and my pet (copycat) so I guess I
      Straight Up

Comment

Say Bodi.....
        I agree 100% with the officer above, people on the streets, need to understand and get along with the officers better,even when they get a ticket or a warning,it is for their saftey....Officers are on double duty since 911 and they are our most important officials for our safety.If we took the time to talk with any officer in a place like this, they would come to appreciate what they are all about,Doing the job they do with honor and pride in helping every person...everyday and that is no joking either!
        I always was 100% for the police ...I am not a suck-up! : though I can use the help,because I have this knack of having trouble follow me around.But you know what!...I will stick my head out to help someone when it comes to sending a positive note for the police wherever they come from.
        A world that works together, thrives and lives together and that is what defeats people and thugs who go against this world.....
        Because, people who do not care won't give a dam about this world and what goes on around us.It also takes more then one pair of eyes to see the intrudor...You probably learned that while learning to be an police officer and it surely works when there is war!
        I don't know who you are I do how-ever have respect for you SIR!
        I still would like to know if you are mad at somebody or if you are just naturally that way?I don't give a hoot what you think of me and SIR! *You have not seen the "crazy" side of me yet!....I how-ever do not think it is funny to put anybody down for doing nice things or saying good things about their web sight,fellow workers,fellow citizens and especially, fellow officers etc!If I was a Sargent or platoon leader, I would want nothing but honorable ethics from my
        group, who I watch over or lead, not just from the aspect of having them do it, but also from the aspect that what you do is noticed by everyone else who is not in that group.What you say and teach will somehow effect someone else or it may lead them to do the wrong thing by their copying your actions.I know I am not perfect..In some things.....But my willingness to go way and above to help and promote someone or something makes me proud and no one will ever take that away.I give our officers and personel who are for the safety of others,including our Troops and firemen and women,My congratulations and wish them safety with everyday.They are our true Heroes!
        OH YES! WITHOUT TRUCKERS WE WILL SURELY STARVE!YOU GO !18-WHEELERS! YES!
        Last edited by frank; 08-10-2005, 12:25 AM.

Comment

I hope you're not being banned for this. Theoretically thats what you do, relocating product from point A to point B. Incidently in my job I've spent a few years in the business end of 18-wheelers. I'm the guy who unloads and checks the freight in that you guys deliver when you get to your destination. Ive thoroughly enjoyed reading what you have to say on your posts.
          www.ldscops.com

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres PD.
          In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres PD.

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17539

Comment

Originally posted by CTR man
            Theoretically thats what you do, .
            I posted all the different fields that I delve into as a small business owner, there is even a poem written that depics all of the fields thot a owner/operator gets into.

why O.com feels this should be edited out is beyond me.

Any way to be fair about it, they have not banned me,, I am banning them.
            Straight Up

Comment

Oh Yeah! My dad was a 18-wheeler for many years and we hardly seen him except on weekends...Infact I don't even remember when we seen him, all I know is for all you mention it is true...You almost have to do the unspeakable to be able to drive a truck and raise a family and be able to go without nothing but driving 20-20 around the clock.Truckers keep this world going and they also help in cases that pop up...Some of the truckers in the past who helped to find a run away thug in his stolen car or help an person on the road with a broke down car should be getting a metal of honor or at least a congratulations.If they ban me for backing you then, your not the problem and honor is not what is instake here it is something I don't want to say!this world keeps turning because of what you truckers do and your job is not as easy as some people think when it comes to everything that is invold and that includes family!I have a few friends who have husbands that drive truck and I have heard some really sad stories and I am glad I am not in their shoes.
              I wish you well,Keep your head up ..Don't give in to baloney and always do your job with pride no matter what someone might think against you.
              Of course I did not read what you wrote and will not in respect of the police officers...I do how-ever wish you luck in all you do and do hope peace and love and forgiveness will always prevail in all directions of your life and from them on the outside too!

Comment

My dad was a cop then a trucker then a cop from which he retired.
                In his early days police salaries could not feed & cloth even a small family so he had to leave. At one time I remember that officers with his department did receive food stamps and rent help.

Comment

Your right Bodie! I lived near cops most of my life and seen and heard some really nasty *** stories..Not to mention just going out and putting your life on the line to keep us safe out here.I think every profession has its qualities and comparisons to police work can never be equal.Though I have to say Truckers live a hard *** life to and now more then ever they get pushed to the limit and always have to be on time other wise they get yelled at and ruffed up.And when they go on the road they never know if they will be high jacked or burglarized or killed.I know many truckers who had some close calls also!Truckers are a brother hood and they pretty much stick together.My uncle drove truck all his life and one day he went out to start his truck and all his gear and radios where stolen..all new and high tech.He is gone now,I always remember him as an uncle and he had the coolest trucker stories.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5729 users online. 313 members and 5416 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X