300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop impersonator pulls over off-duty officer

I caught a blurb of this on the local news. I think it occurred in the St. Louis area. I guess a cop impersonator initiated a traffic stop on an off-duty officer. The impersonator was using a flashing blue light in his Crown Vic. A pursuit later followed, and the POS was caught.

I could not find a news link to the story. Could anyone plug it in? IMHO, cop impersonators are right up there with wife beaters and other POS.
    "I assume you all have guns and crack."

I can just imagine the cop impersonator looking like this, as he approached the off-duty officer...

But then......

His little brain registered a boo-boo... [Eek!]

And then.....

He took his little flashing lights and hightailed it out...

Whew

Comment

And now:

This is his butt before jail .

This is after a few nights with 'Bubba' O [Eek!]

Gotta love poetic justice....

[ 06-12-2003, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

HAHAHAHAH Shooter!... is that an orifice or somethin??? laughed my *** off!
        Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Would I do something like that??? [Eek!]
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

ahhh... yeah... check your PM...

We have a cadet that preteneds he's a cop.... today I was booking some guy and he was talking about this particular cadet... calling him a "cop".. I said.. " Ahh.. Negatory. He is not a cop... he doesnt have a gun. He's just a big fat NOBODY, just like me!" teeheehee...
            Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by shooter1201:
              And now:

This is his butt before jail .

This is after a few nights with 'Bubba' O [Eek!]

Gotta love poetic justice....

Shooter...that is just WRONG.
              Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

It was here in Kansas City, MO.....
                Here is the story:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- A man was charged with impersonating a police officer Wednesday, a day after he was arrested, police said, for pulling over a motorist who turned out to be a real police officer.
                Clifford P. Holloway, 30, was charged Wednesday with impersonating an officer, resisting arrest, leaving the scene of an accident, careless and imprudent driving and driving while revoked.
                The real police officer, who was off duty and driving a personal car, was tipped off because the lights on the car that pulled him over about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday were blue. Kansas City police use a combination of blue and red flashing lights, said police spokesman Capt. Rich Lockhart.
                The officer called a dispatcher and a nearby patrol car tried to stop the suspect, who was driving a blue Crown Victoria, a vehicle commonly used by police.
                The suspect led police on a six-mile chase that ended after officers used "stop sticks" to puncture Holloway's tires. The man lost control of his car and crashed into a utility pole, Lockhart said. The suspect jumped out of his car and ran a short distance before he was captured.
                Authorities did not say what may have motivated Holloway.
                "It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward...."

Comment

too many movies probably
                  from your old mate
                  c h i e f y
                  global chiefy to yer seadog seafarin' maties

Comment

When I lived in Florida, we had a guy running the same gig, but he was stopping single females out in the boonies and sexually assaulting them. He was finally caught.

It's my guess, since this IDIOT stopped a male driver, his intent was probably robbery.

Comment

crownvic.net just lost another member.

Comment

This thread brings up an interesting issue: as a civvy, how do I know that that unmarked car behind me with the flashing blue lights is really a police car?

If I suspect that the person pulling me over may not really be a LEO, what would be the best way of handling the situation? What's the best way to confirm his or her identity?

Finally, how would you react if a civvy questioned your identity as a LEO? Has it happened before?

[ 06-12-2003, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: PeacefulDragon ]
                        "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

You can always ask the "officers" for their ID card.
                          The badge itself does not really mean a whole lot.

If he/she is a real LEO They will have the ID card.
                          May G-d bless you, keep you safe, and always keep you in his loving care

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by PeacefulDragon:

Finally, how would you react if a civvy questioned your identity as a LEO? Has it happened before?

i identify myself and the agency i represent at the very beginning of the stop. if you're not sure, pull over into a public area or under a street light.

Comment

Ummm...yeah ok...this is a little scary but really what are the chances? When I get pulled over I'm so flippin' nervous at the time, the last thing I'm thinking is, "Hmmm...maybe I should ID the officer and make sure he is for real." I don't think I would be able to tell the difference

In Washington the plates look different from a civilian car. They are marked XMT and then some numbers, but than again if they are pulled in behind you, you probably wouldn't be able to see the plates but that is one significant difference I have noticed even with undercover LEOs.
                              Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3741 users online. 193 members and 3548 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X