• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Spee-Dee
    No Longer Active

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    Originally posted by Centurion44
    If you need driving lessons, I suggest you go pay for them.

Now there's a shock...

Women and their "selective hearing". What she probably told you was "don't slam on your brakes" or "suddenly stop". Which is sound advice. Again, if you need driving lessons, go get them. I can't teach you to be a better driver over a forum. If you want to come to GA and pay me $50 an hour plus expenses, I'll be happy to give you some lessons. I'm a whore, but I'm an expensive whore.
    I don't need driving lessons. I know how to drive without getting myself into accidents that are caused by me. I had to take a driving improvement course because I got too many speeding tickets. During the in-car assessment she told me that I was a very good driver and should couldn't believe how tight my right turns were. (You really should see them. They're so beautiful.)

When I have a police car behind me my biggest concern is not getting pulled over. Haven't you ever noticed that when you're driving next to someone they start getting nervous, keep praying that you'll go away, and lock they're vision forward, not make eye contact with you and do everything in their power to make sure they don't do anything illegal?

I know I do. You'd be amazed at how much of driver training comes back to me when I have a police car within 100' from me.

Leave a comment:

• Centurion44
    Charges-Like-Rhino

• Centurion44
    replied
    Originally posted by Spee-Dee
    So, are you telling me that I can safely slow my car down when there's a police car behind me without him pulling me over for slowing down?
    If you need driving lessons, I suggest you go pay for them.

I'm afraid of being rear-ended as well. I had to take a driver improvement course
    Now there's a shock...

and one of the things the instructor told us to not do if we're getting tail-gated was to slow down in case we did get rear-ended.
    Women and their "selective hearing". What she probably told you was "don't slam on your brakes" or "suddenly stop". Which is sound advice. Again, if you need driving lessons, go get them. I can't teach you to be a better driver over a forum. If you want to come to GA and pay me $50 an hour plus expenses, I'll be happy to give you some lessons. I'm a whore, but I'm an expensive whore.

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    No Longer Active

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    Originally posted by bowtb
    This brings up a very interesting point that I would like to make. It will probably jump another argument, but here goes. Why? WHY? Why? do people think they can drive in the left(fast) lane when they are not in the act of passing a car. Every state I have been in has signs posted "slower traffic keep right". One thing that will keep you from becoming NERVOUS AND PHOBIC is when there is a police car "tailgating" you MOVE OVER! They are porobably trying to get to a call. If they pull behind you and stay there, then you may want to get nervous, cause it's just a matter of time.

So everyone who reads this post--- Please get the message out to your freinds. Drive to the right when you are not passing, the police want follow you as often if you "GET THE @*#& OUT OF THE WAY!!!

Umm, I was driving in the right lane both times, not the left lane doing the speed limit. Lots of room for passing. Please do not assume that I'm one of those people who just hangs in the left lane.

This is were our mutal agreement ends. Someone tailgating you shouldn't make you "natrually" speed up. It should make you "natrually" slow down. Blaming someone else for you breaking the law is not an excuse. If an officer is tailgating you, I'd suggest you slow down to a safe speed. If he rear-ends your vehicle, he'll be at fault, and he'll get more than a ticket it for it- like time off without pay.
    When there's less than a foot between my rear bumper I have a tendency to speed up a few (two or three) kilometers because I want more space between my car and their's.

I usually do slow down when it's a regular car just to **** them off. (Common sense allows me to know better than to **** off police officers.) I had this happen to me one night about a week ago. It was a red Celica, and he was tailgating me for a good 2 km right past a police car parked on the side of the road with a guy sitting in it and running radar. I thought for sure with this being a Celica tailgating me while I was going the speed limit would cause the police officer to drop the radar gun and pull this guy over for tailgating, but no luck.

So, are you telling me that I can safely slow my car down when there's a police car behind me without him pulling me over for slowing down? I was tempted to do it one night on the highway. I'm starting to regret not doing it because I would have had good reason to (but I didn't know if the u-turn I made was illegal or not so I didn't want to risk being pulled over.). It was about 11:37 pm in a 110 kph zone and I had just entered an area that had a sign that said "Deer next 20 km. SLOW DOWN". I could have used that so well. "Why did you just slow down?" "Uhh, because the sign told me to."

I'm afraid of being rear-ended as well. I had to take a driver improvement course and one of the things the instructor told us to not do if we're getting tail-gated was to slow down in case we did get rear-ended. She said that getting whiplash (even if it's mild) is not worth the satisfaction of angering that driver behind you, especially with all the cases of severe road rage. I got rear-ended last winter at a red light and there wasn't even damage to my car, and I'm still feeling the pain from it.

Leave a comment:

• bowtb
    Forum Member

• bowtb
    replied
    A combination of both mine and the police.

It's partly my fault because I've been caught speeding so many times that I've grown a phobia of having police drive behind me. It causes me to start shaking and I lose my ability to function properly. I don't freak out and start screaming and hyperventilating or anything. I just get so focused on what that police car is doing that I forget to pay attention ahead of me.

It's partly the police's fault because sometimes they tailgate my car which naturally causes anyone to speed up a bit. I then have to override that psychological tendency to speed up and I feel like they're out to get me so I have to try and out-smart the cop. FYI: So far it hasn't worked for me. But I am soon to the 8 months without a ticket mark. I guess that's a good thing.

This brings up a very interesting point that I would like to make. It will probably jump another argument, but here goes. Why? WHY? Why? do people think they can drive in the left(fast) lane when they are not in the act of passing a car. Every state I have been in has signs posted "slower traffic keep right". One thing that will keep you from becoming NERVOUS AND PHOBIC is when there is a police car "tailgating" you MOVE OVER! They are porobably trying to get to a call. If they pull behind you and stay there, then you may want to get nervous, cause it's just a matter of time.

So everyone who reads this post--- Please get the message out to your freinds. Drive to the right when you are not passing, the police want follow you as often if you "GET THE @*#& OUT OF THE WAY!!!

Leave a comment:

• Centurion44
    Charges-Like-Rhino

• Centurion44
    replied
    It's partly the police's fault because sometimes they tailgate my car which naturally causes anyone to speed up a bit. I then have to override that psychological tendency to speed up and I feel like they're out to get me so I have to try and out-smart the cop. FYI: So far it hasn't worked for me. But I am soon to the 8 months without a ticket mark. I guess that's a good thing.
    Ya know, Spee-Dee, I agree with you... to a point. I know a couple officers who like to tailgate people until they have a reason to pull them over and it bothers me as much as it does you. Breaking the law (Following Too Close, OCGA 40-6-49) while waiting for someone else to break an equally "bad" law is wrong. If any officer reading this does that, I would encourage you to stop. I follow vehicles all the time waiting for them to commit a traffic violation- and I am seldom disappointed. One of the many PCs for a traffic stop I use is... Following too Close. This is a law that is broken so often in my area that it's just a matter of time before someone does it- and then I use that to pull them over.

This is were our mutal agreement ends. Someone tailgating you shouldn't make you "natrually" speed up. It should make you "natrually" slow down. Blaming someone else for you breaking the law is not an excuse. If an officer is tailgating you, I'd suggest you slow down to a safe speed. If he rear-ends your vehicle, he'll be at fault, and he'll get more than a ticket it for it- like time off without pay.

What you and your vehicle do on the road is your responsibility. No one else's.

IMO the difference between a successful person and an unsuccesful one is how often they place blame on others. This applies to life in general, not just the law.

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    No Longer Active

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    [QUOTE=toby101]
    FYI: So far it hasn't worked for me. But I am soon to the 8 months without a ticket mark. QUOTE]

Shouldn't have said that,

I said I never been pulled over, and the very next day I got pulled over. I got off with a warning.
    Don't worry. I knocked on wood as I typed that. Mind you, it is mid-month and that's when I get all my tickets.

Leave a comment:

• toby101
    Guest replied
    [QUOTE=Spee-Dee] FYI: So far it hasn't worked for me. But I am soon to the 8 months without a ticket mark. QUOTE]

Shouldn't have said that,

I said I never been pulled over, and the very next day I got pulled over. I got off with a warning.

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    No Longer Active

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    Originally posted by Centurion44
    Who's fault is that?
    A combination of both mine and the police.

It's partly my fault because I've been caught speeding so many times that I've grown a phobia of having police drive behind me. It causes me to start shaking and I lose my ability to function properly. I don't freak out and start screaming and hyperventilating or anything. I just get so focused on what that police car is doing that I forget to pay attention ahead of me.

Leave a comment:

• Centurion44
    Charges-Like-Rhino

• Centurion44
    replied
    I find that when there's a police car behind me I spend all my time looking in my rearview mirror and not on traffic ahead of me. Probably even less safe than going a few km over the speed limit.
    Who's fault is that?

Leave a comment:

• beano00
    Forum Member

• beano00
    replied
    I find that when there's a police car behind me I spend all my time looking in my rearview mirror and not on traffic ahead of me. Probably even less safe than going a few km over the speed limit.
    Pay attention in front of you honey,,that's where the important stuff is happening.

Pacing can also be a form of jump starting the heart. Instead of using jumper cables we use PACING cables. Neat aint it?

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    No Longer Active

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    Originally posted by duckfan
    YUP!
    That's why Police Speedos are "certified". You'd be amazed how many people never look in their rear view mirror. I guess they're too busy watching their radar detectors.

Leave a comment:

• e-man
    replied
    Originally posted by duckfan
    YUP!
    That's why Police Speedos are "certified". You'd be amazed how many people never look in their rear view mirror. I guess they're too busy watching their radar detectors.
    YEP, Our speedos and stopwatches get certified and calibrated every 2 months. If we get you vis stopwatch, its a speeding tix, if we pace you, then u get banged for unsafe speeds or maybe careless.

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    No Longer Active

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    Either way, your radar detecor won't help you.
    I don't have a radar detector! I can't afford one and they're completely useless these days as many of the radar devices used where I live have automatic on and off. If I had one in my car, I'd probably just increase my chances of getting a ticket. I'm better off with installing the CB radio that's in my garage and listening to the Smokey report on the highway. Mind you, that STILL wouldn't help me in the city.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    No Longer Active

• Tennsix
    replied
    Either way, your radar detecor won't help you.

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    No Longer Active

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    So pacing when referring to a method of determining a vehicle's speed is both actual things? Timing and measuring the distance as well as following the car at the speed the car is going?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4902 users online. 279 members and 4623 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X