300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's exactly is pacing?

I'm completely mixed up. I always thought that pacing is when you measure how long it takes a vehicle to go a certain distance and then divide the distance by the time. My friend however just informed me that's relative velocity. So what's pacing then?

ummmm, getting behind a car, and ummmm, driving the same speed they are.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
      ummmm, getting behind a car, and ummmm, driving the same speed they are.
      You crack me up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
        You crack me up!!!
        sorry,,im going bald so im starting to act like an ol' crusty fart.. crap, i am becoming bodie just kiddin with ya B.

Comment

Pacing...

You were right the first time.....are you from Pennsylvania? Reason I ask is that is one of the acceptable modes used for VASCAR plus or V-SPEC, or just the certified odometer(in the older days). That other stuff your friend told you.....he must have a doctorate in physics cause I have noooooo clue what that means.
          Pacing simply is distance traveled divided by the time it takes you to travel it...thus, your speed.
          "Living may not be free, but thank God we are free to live"

Comment

Are you obsessed with speeding ?

Duh ........... Following a car a the same speed it is traveling for a distance that is reasonable to determine that vehicle's speed. That used to be the only way before radar you could besides using a stop watch between two marked lines determine a speeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie

Duh ........... Following a car a the same speed it is traveling for a distance that is reasonable to determine that vehicle's speed. That used to be the only way before radar you could besides using a stop watch between two marked lines determine a speeder.
              YUP!
              That's why Police Speedos are "certified". You'd be amazed how many people never look in their rear view mirror. I guess they're too busy watching their radar detectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie

Didn't you do this type of policework during your rookie year?

Toby being a smartass again.

Comment

Pacing is when you are real nervous & pace back & forth. That is pacing.

Comment

Originally posted by eh19512
                    You were right the first time.....are you from Pennsylvania? Reason I ask is that is one of the acceptable modes used for VASCAR plus or V-SPEC, or just the certified odometer(in the older days). That other stuff your friend told you.....he must have a doctorate in physics cause I have noooooo clue what that means.
                    Pacing simply is distance traveled divided by the time it takes you to travel it...thus, your speed.
                    No, I'm from Saskatchewan. That relative velocity stuff is high school physics. I never took a physic class before so I don't know too much about that stuff.

Ok, now I have two different answers. Which one is it? And this would explain why I have police cars tailgating me on the highway. Too bad for them that I've stopped speeding. They can pace away all they want, but my cruise is set to 110 and my foot is next to the brake. My speed is going no where but down.

Comment

Pacing is what I do when a really hot girl is running right in front of me at the Gym....

Retired 02/01/13

Comment

The guy waiting in the interrogation room for me to enter .... Now that's would be some serious pacing.

Comment

Pacing means not doing too much work all at once. PACE yourself so you don't get tired.
                          Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

Pacing

I used pacing for a good many years and when I got bored using the radar or laser I went back to pacing.. Pacing works especially well at night as long as you don't come up behind the car you want to clock too quickly. I would follow at least 1/2 mile before putting on the overheads. My cruiser was calibrtated up to 140 mph and I would bring that certification with me if the case was contested, which was very rare. I would also use the vascar and laser in the same fashion. would enter the distance from a permanent object(such as over head) to where I was sitting with my cruiser, then with a stop watch time the vehicle from point A to point B, mant different ways to do it actually. Time+Distance=Average Speed

Comment

Main Entry: pac

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6104 users online. 315 members and 5789 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X