Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could pick ANY period in time....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could pick ANY period in time....

....to visit, return to live, etc....what would you pick?

I'm partial to the American Old West of the 1880s and the WWII-era. Nostalgia, adventure, heroism and the overall romance of the 2 eras is my rationale.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

one of two...

a pilot for the AVG, 1941, China.

or a pilot for the Eagle Squadron, 1940, Great Britain.

Comment

War Between the States period. 1861-1865

Comment

p01ic3m4n, You would've been bored in the AVG in China in 1941...They didn't see combat until January of '42 in Burma Which of the three groups would you have flown for? Maybe the "Hells Angels" ? They had the coolest logo [Wink] . I'm with you though, that would've been an exciting time.

I think being in the OSS in the Western European or Italian Theaters would have been exciting too.

I missed my lot in life though. I should have been a rebel A-Wing pilot in the battle of Yavin (But not the guy who bought it when he crashed into the control deck of the super star destroyer [Eek!] ).

You have to admit though, we are living in pretty fascinating times right now.
        "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids." -General Jack D. Ripper, Commanding General, Burpleson Air Force Base

Comment

I like it in the here and now, thank you. [Wink]
          M.E.

Comment

To visit:when my father was alive, preferably WWII while he was on Iwo Jima.

Comment

Revolutionary Era in Boston. Boston is such a neat city to visit if you like history. It would have been something to see Lexington and Concord.
              Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

I am very much an Eighteenth Century man. Reckon I would have preferred Philly to Boston though.
                Dave Kiefner
                [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

Well, if I could visit another time in history, I think I would pick the 1970's...oh but wait, I already wear flare/boot cut jeans.

Or the 1940's. I would have like to have known my grandparents then. That would be cool. (Grandfather in the Army, Grandmother from Russia, both madly in love...that would have been neat to see and expeience for myself)
                  M.E.

Comment

Indian Territory (Oklahoma) in the Transition-era (1866-1876). As a Living Historian, I do an impression of that time and place, and I've done a LOT of research on it.

That would be my pick.
                    'If the grass is greener on the other side, water your OWN lawn.'

Comment

Well, as long as we're not dealing with the more unsavory aspects of the period (sanitation, hygiene? eek!) I'd probably want to be an officer in the British military in India, or deepest darkest Africa, now there's some adventuriam and romanticism!

Either that, or be in Rome during the height of the Roman Empire, a high ranking official of some sort, preferably...
                      Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
                      -Mark Twain

Comment

As a favor to all, I'd pick 10:30am, 17 March, 1814, on a hill overlooking Horseshoe Bend, TN. With a good rifle and that S'B***h Andrew Jackson in the sights as he stands on the river bank.

I would not hesitate.

Jim Burnes

Comment

The Victorian Era

Comment

In the Garden. I'll bet Eve was a major hottie!
                            TRAVIS ED WILLIAMS
                            Police Officer
                            Mesquite, Texas, P.D.
                            Mesquite, TX
                            Date of Death: 09/23/1974

Comment

New York City in the 1940's and 1950's. One of my favorite writers, Helene Hanff, described her life there in such terrific detail that even though times were not easy, it seems like it was wonderful and exciting.
                              "Americans don't want a mentally unstable president; he might start a war or something." - Bill Maher

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5463 users online. 315 members and 5148 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X