300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking your keys in your car

I heard if you lock your keys INTO your car and its a key less entry. Call home or where ever your other set of keys is at. Stand by the drivers door and hold the cell phone by the door. Have the person on the line press the unlock button and it will actually UNLOCK.

Now go out and try this for yourself.

Yeah right, I wanna see the Mythbusters on this one. My keyless entry barely works when I'm five feet away from my Jeep, so I can't give this a fair test. Call me critical though...
    "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

No it does not work ....... Just tried it in driveway with new car and keyless on cellphone one block away.

Comment

It's radio frequencies that cause it to open. A cell phone will only convert the sound frequences that we can here (10-20000 Hz) to sound for transmission, and since the remote transmits higher than that, it won't work.

Comment

Internet hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp
          Retired

Comment

The remote for my mom's car is bloody backwards! The lock button unlocks the car and the unlock button locks it. Confused the crap out of me until I figured it out.

Comment

It worked on my parents car which is 2004, but it didn't work on my 2000 car.

Comment

Originally posted by haus409
                Yeah right, I wanna see the Mythbusters on this one. My keyless entry barely works when I'm five feet away from my Jeep, so I can't give this a fair test. Call me critical though...
                haha, me too, what year jeep, i got a 93

Comment

haha, me too, what year jeep, i got a 93
                  Mines a 95 GC...ours has that crappy keyless entry system that didn't change until 96.
                  "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
                    It worked on my parents car which is 2004, but it didn't work on my 2000 car.
                    Were you standing next to the car (2004) with two phones when you tried it?

-Lao Tzu

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

No actaully, my parents tried it once and it worked. I think I may have to try it with there car.

Comment

Originally posted by haus409
                        Mines a 95 GC...ours has that crappy keyless entry system that didn't change until 96.
                        yah it really does suck a lot. its very annoying, but whatcha gonna do?

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                          The remote for my mom's car is bloody backwards! The lock button unlocks the car and the unlock button locks it. Confused the crap out of me until I figured it out.
                          Your remotes were programmed by a practical joker. Your Dealer can reprogram it for you if it is GM. I had the info on how to do it on my '02 Envoy and had to get an additional one, but have misplaced it. It involved turning on the key, pushing a radio button, holding your finger to the left side of your nose, all while holding the remote button down, etc. Some combination of that.

I imagine that other brands are the same.
                          Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

This would never work

and anyone who actually trys this is a fool.

Think physics

Comment

Originally posted by Creeker
                              Your remotes were programmed by a practical joker. Your Dealer can reprogram it for you if it is GM. I had the info on how to do it on my '02 Envoy and had to get an additional one, but have misplaced it. It involved turning on the key, pushing a radio button, holding your finger to the left side of your nose, all while holding the remote button down, etc. Some combination of that.

I imagine that other brands are the same.
                              No, it's a Toyota.

Did GM charge you an arm and a leg to have it done too? They really like to jack up the prices for car parts for my car. Price of replacement motor mount brackets through WSSL- $68, GM- $240. What are the GM one made out of, titanium?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4476 users online. 290 members and 4186 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X