Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Run in with the cop-hating postal worker....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run in with the cop-hating postal worker....

I was in line at the tax office today trying to get my license plates renewed. The dude ahead of me starts griping to me about how insurance companies are in bed with attorneys and that's why we have to have insurance to get our license plates. I went ahead and slapped the "rebel without a clue" stamp onto his forehead at this point.

He goes on to talking about how cops steal from citizens and their job is no longer to protect and serve, unless you're a judge. He says more cops protect judges than patrol the streets. I went on nodding to all he was saying and baiting him for more opinions, but his rhetoric was very limited, albeit fierce.

At the end of this conversation, I asked why the post office was stealing from citizens by jacking up stamp prices every couple of months.

Insert the blank deer in the headlight stare.

He left there not having a clue what I did for a living.

You actually BAITED a postal worker?! [Eek!]

You are a very brave man indeed!

Myself, I try to keep my voice low, avoid any sudden movements, and say calm, reassuring things to them. [Wink]

[ 06-10-2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: PeacefulDragon ]
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

Cover me...I'm goin' in for stamps!
      Paul

Comment

You should have asked him what he thought of Postal Inspectors. Maybe they are protecting judges too.

I don't think that attorneys are in bed with insurance companies. Insurance is too easy for attorneys. No insurance means law suit and more cash for attorneys. The ones without insurance are most likely high risk for insurance companies, so I bet they don't care if those people have insurance.
        Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Here is my theory on postal workers:
          Spending all those long hours around the chemicals that are used in he glue/adhesive for stamps, envelopes, stuff in packing foam etc...just shipping equipment, in general, causes a form of intoxication leading to cell damage. Much like drug intoxication that drugs like PCP and LSD can cause, but not with immediate hallucinogenic or psychotomimetic qualities. It takes time.....years even.That coupled with irrate customers wanting their lost packages found or"heads will roll", stamp price increases, dogs attacking, and overall labeling leads to crazy postal workers who go on a shooting rampage/ and or killing spree with a duct tape machines.
          That is my theory and yes, I read too much and dont get enough sleep.
          "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
          Davy Crockett

Comment

*Withholds comment for fear of Jellybeans revenge*
            There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Steven Wright

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Rimfire:
              *Withholds comment for fear of Jellybeans revenge*

I always pegged Jellybean to be a pacifist, but she does work for the post office, so you never know!

Comment

I think the phrase 'Gone Postal' has somthing to do with firearms dealers NOT using usps to ship weapons

Comment

The other day I was in the USPS for almost an hour. It took me 20 minutes to pack all my stuff up, and another 30 minutes in line. Almost as soon as I got in line, about two people behind me, this kid (about 2 or 3) started SCREAMING. Not the "I'm hurt" or "I'm hungry" scream, but the "I'm spoiled and want attention" scream.

The mom did NOTHING to stop it- now, I understand that you don't want to teach your kid that screaming gets him attention, but for almost 30 freaking minutes this kid screamed and screamed while the mom just looked through her packages to mail.

At first, I thought, "Man, that kid is ****ing me off." Then, I wised up, and thought, "Oh, crap...I wonder if it's gonna push one of the USPS workers over the edge [Eek!] !!" If they have to deal with just one kid that loud every day, I have no wonders why they would go crazy [Wink]
                  I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

quote:
                    Spending all those long hours around the chemicals that are used in he glue/adhesive for stamps, envelopes, stuff in packing foam etc...just shipping equipment, in general, causes a form of intoxication leading to cell damage
                    Speaking of intoxication...my husband arrested our postal worker last year for DUI. He resisted and he was thrown on the ground. Nasty cut to the head too! Now where was that bill I was looking for?!
                    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Xanthorius:

At first, I thought, "Man, that kid is ****ing me off." Then, I wised up, and thought, "Oh, crap...I wonder if it's gonna push one of the USPS workers over the edge [Eek!] !!" If they have to deal with just one kid that loud every day, I have no wonders why they would go crazy [Wink]

<sigh> where do i begin... [Wink]
                      working the window (to me) is hell, that's why i no longer do it. it started making me angry...and cranky! i dont DO angry and cranky

the kids were one thing, especially when the parents allowed them to take some sort of "tool" and go bang on all the PO boxes while the parent was in line...all the while screaming (the child).

then try waiting on customers the first two weeks in April...or December--the whole month! or God forbid when there's a rate increase! do you yell at the cashier in the grocery store when food prices go up? do you yell at the gas station attendant when gas prices go up? just curious
                      "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Poor Jellybean

I called my USPS office yesterday asking how come my package hadnt been delivered to the address I had put on the little buff slip the carrier had put through the door.

"Oh, we get hundreds of those - there are so many just lying around here, we don't do them all. Your package has probably been shipped back to the sender, but I really dont know - we dont keep track of them".

I was stunned into silence before breaking down in tears.... okay slight exageration, but the stunned bit is true.
                        Daisy NY

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4069 users online. 211 members and 3858 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X