Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled 4x in a night for a tail light...what!?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled 4x in a night for a tail light...what!?

Deleted by original poster
    Last edited by Trombahonker; 09-16-2019, 06:14 PM.

It sounds like they were looking for drunk drivers.
    4am + no tailight = PC for a stop.

In my area we do not usually tell each other about a guy with no taillight. One of the previous officers might have overheard some radio traffic and informed the last officer you had already been stopped.

Did you get it fixed?

Comment

4 Different agencies, 4 different computer systems, 4 different parts of the ride home. We do not, for the most part know what other agencies are up to as the Officer said for "unimportant issues"

I hope you got the light fixed!!!
      There's no substitute for strength,
      and no excuse for a lack of it!!

Comment

First of all, that is a record being pulled over 4 times in one day.

Here at my hometown department, the PD and the SO hate each other as far as the brass goes. The regular officers get along somewhat as far as work environment but would NOT invite the other to a BBQ on a Sunday afternoon.

Second if a department says over the radio I just pulled over 123ABC for a tail light, please don't pull him over cause I already okay it. Thats the only thing it would be on the radio.

Comment

You mean you got pulled over for the breaking the law, and were surprised when you got pulled over again after you continued to break the law? Here's your sign.
          You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

You think eveytime we pull over someone for a minor traffic violation we should be advising all the neighboring agencies?? Get real pal. If you dont want to get jacked, get your car fixed.

Comment

4th time for same violation ? You should have got a ticket !!!!

Comment

Yea you should've gotten fixed after the 2nd time you got pulled over ;p

Tailights are great PC, love em. Unfortunently for you it's up to any of those officers discretion on whether or not to cite you. State guys are all traffic all the time so of those that you mentioned it would make sense that he cited you for it.

For me it's great PC to check for warrants, insurance, registration, and of course DUII in the wee hours of the morning.
                Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

Some of the places I've worked we gave out written warnings, or "fix-it" tickets. I've done that in similar circumstances so if the driver gets stopped again, he has a paper to show the officer w/time and date.
                  "It is better to avoid than to fight, better to deter than to kill. But.....it is better to kill than to die, or watch an innocent slaughtered, because you didn't have the wherewithal to defend them." - M. A.

"We should bear in mind that, in general, it is the object of our newspapers rather to create a sensation-to make a point-than to further the cause of truth."-Edgar Allan Poe(1809-1849)

Comment

You might want to stay off of Dixie Highway or become friends with the Coral Gables cop who was a member of Menudo...
                    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

[QUOTE=Caspertoo]Yea you should've gotten fixed after the 2nd time you got pulled over ;p

QUOTE]

How was he suppose to do that at 4 AM in the morning?
                      Retired

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something here.....BUT.....how are you supposed to repair a blown taillight between 2-4am( based on his time estimates)? I mean if you didn't know the taillight was out and don't have a bulb or fuse if that's the problem. I know damn well the auto supply store isn't open at that time of day. Maybe he should have just parked his car on the highway and walked home i guess.

Now granted if this was over an extended period of several days then yes by all means a ticket would be warranted.
                        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

[QUOTE=retired]
                          Originally posted by Caspertoo

QUOTE]

damn you....beat me to it
                          Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Inop tail light is always good PC. My favorite is inop license plate lamp. Hey retired, is there a 4 AM in the afternoon? (kidding)
                            No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

[QUOTE=retired]
                              Originally posted by Caspertoo

QUOTE]

There are 24 hour Wal-Marts in the States. I always carry spare bulbs and spare fuses with me. Nothing more annoying than having the fuse for your horn blow on your drive to work the day of Christmas Eve.

You know what's funny, no police ever noticed when I didn't have any brake lights or rear signal lights whenever they pulled me over. My light issue wasn't as simple to fix as changing the bulb. It was an electrical wiring issue in my steering column. Fixed it once and the part was $350. Six months later it broke again. It works now though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5870 users online. 308 members and 5562 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X