300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IQ test

Did any of yall take the IQ test that was on FOX last night? My dad called and told me about it, but it was almost over with at the time. It had the website on the screen though so I went there and took it. It take a while to take it because each question has a timer on it. I reckon it took about 30 minutes for me to take it,I didn't really pay attention to what time it was though. Anyway, I got 49 questions correct which gives me an IQ of 118. His was 108 so I get to rub it in real good that I am smarter than the old man!! Oh, the website is

http://www.testonfox.com
    TRAVIS ED WILLIAMS
    Police Officer
    Mesquite, Texas, P.D.
    Mesquite, TX
    Date of Death: 09/23/1974

52 questions right
    Score: 123

Comment

That's damn accurate. When I was a kid, my parents had me tested to see if I was bored in school and I tested at 124.

FYI: I wasn't bored in school, I just hated my teachers.

Comment

the last couple i've taken were several hours long in psychologists' offices. with the standard being more attributable to percentiles, less than 5% of the population have a higher IQ than i.

that being the case, why do i still suck in algebra?

Comment

Algebra hates me.

Comment

quote:
            that being the case, why do i still suck in algebra
            That's the biggest flaw with IQ tests: they don't incorporate any appreciation that someone can be downright brilliant in one type of thinking and almost inept at others. A person with exceptional verbal skills and lousy math skills or vice-versa scores the same as someone who's average in both. There are just too many types of intelligence and too much variation in the combinations of types of abilities in a given person to be measured accurately in any test that doesn't account for that.
            No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

Recalling my days in PSY 101, from way too many years ago (about 1964), I believe that IQ test results could vary by 7 points in either direction. Its highly probable that such tests are more accurate now days, but that what the Prof. told us the variation was back then. The old Jacksonville (FL) PD used to use an IQ exam as part of their screening process back in the mid to late 1960's. You had to score a min of 110 to move on to the civil service exam. In the early 1970's it was decided by some federal court that this process was racially discriminatory, so it was eliminated. RW

Comment

How was it discriminatory?
                TRAVIS ED WILLIAMS
                Police Officer
                Mesquite, Texas, P.D.
                Mesquite, TX
                Date of Death: 09/23/1974

Comment

Way back when, my IQ was measured at 140 (good enough to get me into the Mentally Gifted Minors program) but I suck at math. Always have, always will. I was always good at English, creative writing, etc. but I can barely add, subtract, multiply and divide. The only class in school I ever failed was algebra, but the following year, I took the class over with a teacher who was long on patience and I passed with an A. So it can be done.
                  "Americans don't want a mentally unstable president; he might start a war or something." - Bill Maher

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6230 users online. 308 members and 5922 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X