300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for NYS Peace Officers...

Among the dozen or so agencies I have applied / tested / testing with one of them is a peace officer position here in my great state of New York. Now I know that not all peace officers are the same when it comes to enforcing the law like a court deputy, college or a small town public safety dept, fire police, or the SPCA. Lets say you are working for a college or a small town public safety dept. and you respond to 911 calls, can enforce traffic laws, have that NYS
    "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Most peace officers are trained to yell out "Police", even though they're not technically police officers. Since they are sworn law enforcement officers with arrest powers, they are technically permitted to use the term police to identify themselves to victims and suspects in emergency situations.

In NYC, many peace officers actually use the words police in their title, and it is written on their IDs, badges, and patrol vehicles. Some examples would be the HHC Hospital Police, DHS Police, DCAS Police, DOH Police, etc...(all are peace officers and technically covered under the title of NYC Special Officer). Another example would be the Sanitation Police This is pretty much so that the public is aware of their authority and does not confuse them with security guards.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5391 users online. 311 members and 5080 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X