300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud Music (BOOM, BOOM, BOOM)

Since I can't "Ask a Cop" anymore, I posted here. Do you guys have problems with the loud music in cars in your towns. Here it is awful and seems to be the least enforced thing. I was lying in bed last night and was woke up to BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM at around 2:00 a.m. It is this way 24/7 around here. Do you LEO's enforce this? Our town has an excessive noise ordinance which was enforced a few years ago when it was created but now I don't think the LEO's here enforce it as much. I definately would because this is something that disturbs my peace. NO ONE wants to hear other peoples music at 2:00 a.m. Also those guys that pull up to the gas station, go in, and leave the car running and the music blaring, what's up with that? I realize that LEO's have lots of other stuff going on too but this loud music thing is getting out of hand. Especially on Friday and Saturday nights.

Welcome to the club, I'm in N.Y.C. need I say anymore. I don't have a problem with anyone bumping their music, but if you're not a working person like the rest of us have some respect and keep that sh-t down.

Comment

I thanked a really nice police officer once for making these kids turn down their C-rap in their car at a red light. What may seem like minor offences that don't need to be enforced to some people can often be seen as huge annoyances. Now if I could only get them to start enforcing the no chotchy muffler law. Well, it's not actually called that, but it does fall under the unnecessary noise bylaw.

Comment

Originally posted by jtteg_X
        my area of town (oakland) has problems with people playing loud music in there cars after 10pm whereas residents are sleeping. but i believe OPD is busy working dealing with other serious matters than music to bother with such as illegal drug use, prositution, other crime, etc.

and this town of people have no respect or even dignity of that matter.

keep calling the station and filing complaints, im sure your not the only citizen disturbed and annoyed by this. eventually, they'll look forward to it if they keep getting calls..
        or you can try ear plugs? walmart/longs/walgreens/safeway sells them.
        You might be surprised at what type of arrests could come from stopping a car for this violation. driving while suspended, drugs, warrants, weapons, etc.

Comment

In my jurisdiction, we cite cite cite for this. Zero tolerance.

Comment

As of July in Florida it is a violation to have your radio turned up where it is audible from more than 25 feet from the vehicle.
            It is a great tool.

Comment

It is also a violation to leave your car unattended and running.
              This is a big pet peeve of mine since so many cars are stolen this way. We even had a lady leave her kid in the car in the baby seat and leave the car unattended, sure enough a knucklehead stole it with the kid still asleep in the back. The car was recovered and mommy got her car, baby, and a citation as well as charges filed for child neglect.

Comment

I work in a small borough in Pennsylvania. We have a huge problem with people "cruising" back and forth on Main St. playing loud music in their vehicles until all hours of the night. The Borough council is just about to adopt and ordinance which states that if we hear a car stereo from more than 50 feet away we can stop it and cite it for the ordinance violation.

Comment

jtteg X,
                  The law is in place, but it is rare that we have the time to enforce it. 25 feet is pretty close, I'm sure it took alot of angry motorists / voters to get that passed. Amazingly it seems to be working, now at least a few people think about turning the music down at stoplights.

Comment

my area of town (oakland) has problems with people playing loud music in there cars after 10pm whereas residents are sleeping. but i believe OPD is busy working dealing with other serious matters than music to bother with such as illegal drug use, prositution, other crime, etc.

and this town of people have no respect or even dignity of that matter.

keep calling the station and filing complaints, im sure your not the only citizen disturbed and annoyed by this. eventually, they'll look forward to it if they keep getting calls..
                    or you can try ear plugs? walmart/longs/walgreens/safeway sells them.
                    You see that thing they did on Dateline or whatever with all those kids shutting down roads in the neighborhoods to do donuts in cars and burn out and such? Tis crazy cause these events would draw crowds of hundreds and it just seemed like the police were no where around.

Comment

Well here on my base we have a policy of no louder than 15ft from the vehicle and you can be cited and then depening on who it is it means a visit to the first sgt or commander. And ususally people are blasting thrash metal or the gangsta rap so loud they don't move out the way for us when we are responding or other emergency workers. But we do have the luxury of telling them to turn it down or off, and failure to comply can result in an apprehension which means a visit to the shirt or commander.
                      Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

matto... you mean the things that happen in oakland with the sideshows? if so, yes. its absolutely rediculous as well and im against it. however, it seems like 'they' got it mixed up with accusing the street racing drivers and the sideshows in the same catergory whereas the killings and homicides come from the sideshowers that roll over to the street races. i believe Oakland passed a sideshow spectator law against that but i doubt that will help.

im not sure how officers are around that area of town, but 25 feet is very close. i just hope its strict during nights whereas thats the most important time of the day where you wouldnt want to hear annoying music. im sure no one would care as much during daytime (i think)
                        Yup thats it. One officer they interviewed I believe he said something about how if they showed up with one car people would just start throwing **** at them.

Comment

yeah, its crazy what they do. there was a website where they had undercovers attending the sideshows. drinking while driving, donuts, loud music, stupid dancing, etc. once a police unit flashes his sirens, people blow red lights and immediately go on hot pursuit. i guess police are required not to follow as it will lead on to more danger to the public.

ill post that link if i can find it. its just ridiculous what these people are doing

edit: found the link: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...home-headlines top right video
                          Yeah it's pretty sad when the people are able to "overpower" the Police I guess you could say. I think on the episode it said Oakland has like 26 officers patrolling around those times and it's just not enough cops. 26 cops on patrol seems pretty small for a city that size. I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
                            Yeah it's pretty sad when the people are able to "overpower" the Police I guess you could say. I think on the episode it said Oakland has like 26 officers patrolling around those times and it's just not enough cops. 26 cops on patrol seems pretty small for a city that size. I dunno.
                            How fast can a police cruiser go anyways? Not that I'd actually try to out-run one (I'm not that dumb. I only have a 3.8 L in my car.).

Comment

jtteg X,
                              The noise statute is 24 / 7. It is a Florida state statute, not a City ordinance. There is alot of room for discretion. I wouldn't think of enforcing it on I-95 or any other major roadway, unless traffic was stopped and other drivers were subjected to it for any length of time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5258 users online. 320 members and 4938 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X