Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What dishwashing detergent do you use? For CiaJ.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What dishwashing detergent do you use? For CiaJ.

CiaJ is having trouble with the dishwasher. He thinks that it might be the detergent. Let's help him out.

Does it work well? How pleased are you with it?

I use Electrasol Orange. It is a gel and it works quite well. It gets just about everything off.

[ 06-10-2003, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Deputy Joe ]
    Drug Recognition Expert

LMFAO!! Poor Ciaj, does all this new technology have you baffled?

I'm just teasin'. I use Sun Light Powder, it does a good enough job for me. I have always wanted to try jet dry to see if it really makes that big of a difference.
    Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

Y'know, I can't even remember the name of the brand I bought, but I ran it through once and some of the dishes were still dirty. Maybe I didn't set the thing right ... I'll run 'em through again tomorrow.

Crickey! 2am and I have to be up at 7am to pick up my boss' pickup! Eeek.

Comment

Remember Ciaj, you have to make sure the dishes don't have any food left on them before you put them in! The dishwasher doesn't have built in scrubbers. (I know it sucks)
        Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

I used to use Cascade WHEN i had a dishwasher and jet dry in the other little compartment...i think it worked good.

now i have to use a soap that's nice and citrus-y and foamy since i have to get my hands in the water! [Eek!]
          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

What's the specific problem you're having?

If it's just spots on the glasses and flatware, you need to add a rinse agent such as Jet Dry. It comes in a liquid that you squirt into a dispenser near where you put the detergent. You can also buy detergent that comes with it.

If it's not cleaning all the food off, first make sure that when you load the machine, that the items are getting a direct stream of water from the wash arms. If not, then that part of the dish/glass/pot/pan not exposed will simply not get washed.

Also, despite what the commercials say, you do have to scrape off some of the food. You don't have to necessarily scrape them clean (otherwise there's no point of using a dishwasher) but use a fork or spoon to remove as much as you can.

Burnt on/caked on food does require the item to be soaked first to loosen the food, before putting it in the dishwasher.

Also keep in mind the limitations of your particular dishwasher. If you live in an apartment, most likely you have the cheapest model on the market, and it simply won't clean as well as a high-end model.

Another thing: make sure the water going into the dishwasher is HOT. If it's too cold, not only will it not clean well, but it might not even dissolve the detergent. I let the hot water run from the kitchen sink for about 30 seconds to allow fully heated water to reach the dishwasher before turning it on.

[ 06-10-2003, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Sig220Man ]

Comment

Gee, I wouldn't have a clue. Must be nice to OWN A DISHWASHER!

I use Dawn.
              "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

My wife uses me!

Comment

Anyone else think Sig220Man knows way, way too much about this subject? Just kidding, especially since I do all the kitchen cleaning, especially after my wife put my cast iron skillet in the dishwasher. [Eek!] Let me just add that you may want to check the drain in the dishwasher. Usually clogged by laziness in getting the chunkies off the plates. Most models you'll have to pop out the bottom sprayer to get at it. About once every couple of months I'll have to clean it out. I know it's time when the glasses have a haze to them.

For the record, I've used all different types of detergent and haven't noticed much difference in quality.
                  "A man's got to know his limitations" --Inspector Harry Callahan in Magnum Force

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Padres19:
                    ...(snip) Just kidding, especially since I do all the kitchen cleaning, especially after my wife put my cast iron skillet in the dishwasher. [Eek!]

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That's as bad as an EX-girlfriend that put my wooden-handled knives in the dishwasher
                    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Currently, the ELECTRASOL gelpacks.
                      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

quote:
                        Anyone else think Sig220Man knows way, way too much about this subject?

I'm a bachelor. Anything that makes my house chores simple I will know about

Comment

My family has been through so many dishwashers, but, you know, in my opinion, the dollar store brand detergent works just fine for us...and it's cheap!
                          M.E.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Sig220Man:
                            quote:
                            Anyone else think Sig220Man knows way, way too much about this subject?

I'm a bachelor. Anything that makes my house chores simple I will know about
                            I was going to ask if you sold dishwashers in your spare time.
                            Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

I use liquid lemon Palmolive in the D/W along with Jet Dry rinse agent. If your machine doesn't have a dispenser (most of the newer ones do, I think), you can by the Jet Dry that comes in a plastic basket that you hang on the D/W rack, with a solid inner core that melts as you wash dishes. It lasts about two weeks, depending on how many times you run your D/W.

And I don't care what the manufacturer says...you've got to scrape and rinse your dishes, or forget it...stuck on food.
                              "Americans don't want a mentally unstable president; he might start a war or something." - Bill Maher

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3329 users online. 165 members and 3164 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X