300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of Seatac, WA?

I was just watching an older episode of Cops and they showed a segment that took place in the city of Seatac, WA. I thought that was just the name of the airport. Is there a city by the same name?
    Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

I've only lived here for 14 years so you would think I wouldn't have just had to go and look this up on Google but I did because I was just as stumped as you were Kirch. LOL I couldn't believe it when I saw it. It's a city of 25,000 people! [Eek!]

SeaTac, Washington
    Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

What was the big crime in Seatac on COPS?
      Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Runaway Jeep from a car-rental agency. Go figure.

Comment

Oh, and their department insignia has a big airplane on it, a la Expedia.

Comment

Sure sounds like an airport thing.
            Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

I didn't realize they were a city when I lived up there. It didn't dawn on me until I came back up for a visit and was staying in a hotel in Seatac. That's when I saw one of their police cars.

Comment

Hmmm, the only things I remember about SeaTac are the airport and the mall. Didn't they contract out with King County Police a'la some of the smaller comunities in Pierce County witht the PCSO? I guess they have their own PD now. I remember when cities like SeaTac and Fife were fighting the county to incorporate back in the 80s. Just some random thoughts.

Comment

The City of SeaTac Police is actually part of the King County Sheriff's Department. It is one of their contract cities.

While I've heard of some contract cities having police vehicles that are markedly different-looking than that of their contract provider (LASD's Santa Clarita station is one such example), this is the first time that I've seen where the uniforms are also different.

Comment

SeaTac Police

Comment

I live about ten minutes from Sea Tac. Yes, it is an airport and a city hehe. The KCSO office has numereous contracted cities. They have different colored uniforms than KCSO, yet they still have a KCSO badge. They have city cars but on the car it is also marked with KCSO. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Travis

[ 06-10-2003, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: degrat38 ]

Comment

Pierce County has different uniforms for at least one of their contracts, the city of Lakewood. PCSO and it's Lakewood units are contstantly on COPS. I think the cars are marked the same, however.

Mike
                        "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

I saw an episode of COPS awhile back in the WA area.

Two officers responded to a call. Both were wearing the same black BDU type of uniforms with cloth badges.

Only difference was one of them had POLICE across his back in big letters the other had SHERIFF. Maybe its related to what you guys are talking about, I'm not sure.

[ 06-11-2003, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Rimfire ]
                          There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Steven Wright

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4366 users online. 277 members and 4089 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X