300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religon Q&A

Religous folks help me out here. I'm a Catholic but know very little about how the various Christan faiths differ...

In a sentence or two give me a clue!

What similarities/differences do the following have compared to Catholic beliefs:

Baptists?
    Adventists?
    Greek Orthodox?
    Episcopalians?
    Lutheran?
    Mormon?
    Any other major ones I missed?
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

You forgot Jehovah's Witnesses, I think they are similar to Mormon. They don't celebrate holidays and they pretty much believe that you need to be one of them to get into heaven.

I grew up with the Christian beliefs. My dad made us go every Sunday. I have been to a Catholic Church several times and there are a lot of differences. The way that they do a funeral is different. If I remember correctly, the church blesses the deceased person because they believe that they are giving them one last chance to make it into heaven or something of that nature. The biggest differences that I've noticed is the spiritual relationship with God that a Christian church emphasizes compared to the Catholic church. Catholicism is more ritualistic IMO. I'm not saying one religion is better than another, those were just some things that I have observed.
    Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

Methodists, Presbyterians...
      Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Moving to Various Topics.
        Dave Kiefner
        [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6375 users online. 370 members and 6005 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X