X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are they promoting speeding

as posted by frank under ask a cop::::
    Why are they promoting speeding?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the radio..I have been hearing this commercial for a new non detectable speeding gadget you can buy for you're car and then speed without being detectable by police.What the heck is going on in this world. Thats all we need is the dukes of hazard for real on the highways.Is this what the Philadelphia experiment back then, has come up with, for the future of man kind?Speed and disappear? It is called: The Phaser Two.... I believe.
    Can a police officer explain this one please?
    Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

because it is legal to sell this stuff

and next year the same company will sell to the police the gadget that will defeat their own product

and next year the same company will sell to the public the gadget that will defeat the gadget that will defeat the original gadget

should I continue
    it's all about the money
    Straight Up

Comment

I looked up the "phasor two" through a google search and dident find anything much. Dident go past the fourth page of links due to i dont have all day. All i got was StarTrek shiz and Coppier / printer stuff.

Plz give link to what your talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Radio
        Plz give link to what your talking about.
        ask Frank over in ask a cop
        Straight Up

Comment

1. By the time is activated, the officer has you.

2. There are other ways to determine speed without transmitting a signal.

3. And if a person has one and gets stopped, they can bet they will get a ticket.

4. Even IF the company pays for the ticket, it will show up on your driving record and your insurance company will know about it.

It is a waste of money
          Last edited by Tennsix; 08-05-2005, 10:46 AM.

Comment

And if that gadget is noticed, that's another charge in a lot of states

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that the only safe way to speed it to not speed excessively and don't speed at all when there's a police officer behind you, or in front of you...

Oh, and don't try to race the unmarked police car at the red light either. I wasn't dumb enough to do this one, but I did see another guy do it. (Needless to say, he lost bad.)

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                I've come to the conclusion that the only safe way to speed it to not speed excessively and don't speed at all when there's a police officer behind you, or in front of you...

Oh, and don't try to race the unmarked police car at the red light either. I wasn't dumb enough to do this one, but I did see another guy do it. (Needless to say, he lost bad.)

LMAO thats funny.
                Great post.

Comment

Originally posted by Radio
                  LMAO thats funny.
                  Great post.

That incident gave me the idea of putting police officers in chotched up Civics and try to get the chotches to race them at red lights. Getting caught racing (or even attempting to race) is even worse than getting a speeding ticket. It would probably be a lot more fun too rather than sitting in your unmarked (but noticable) squad car down a dark street holding your radar gun waiting for some jackass to speed past you.

Comment

The device mentioned is useless. Like someone mentioned by the time your radar detector chirps or your "Phazer" does whatever it does, the officer already has your speed. And there are other ways to obtain a vehicles speed - pacing, VASCAR, Laser (Lidar).

Absolute guarantee of a ticket.

Comment

What people don't seem to understand, is that we can stop and cite for things OTHER than radar/laser-measured speeding......I love stopping for following too close/paced speeding/lane violation, etc....then asking them how their radar detector on the dash is working

Comment

We all know that the speed limits are set way to low seeing as though we have a less than 10 percent compliance rate. If what they are selling isn't illegal, I don't see the harm in making a few bucks from a few clueless people.

Comment

Originally posted by SWH
                          We all know that the speed limits are set way to low seeing as though we have a less than 10 percent compliance rate. If what they are selling isn't illegal, I don't see the harm in making a few bucks from a few clueless people.
                          I don
                          Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

[QUOTE=mobrien316]I don
                            Straight Up

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6254 users online. 314 members and 5940 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X