Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. gang membership may be higher than reported

http://tinyurl.com/bhvfo

The surprising lack of cooperation by police agencies means the Justice Department's estimate of more than 700,000 gang members nationwide could be too low by at least 200,000, said Patrick Word, vice chairman of the Mid-Atlantic Regional Gang Investigators Network, a group that helps collect data for the Justice Department
    Wow! I thought there were a lot, but this is even higher than I thought.
    America wasn't founded so that we could all be better. America was founded so we could all be anything we damned well pleased. -PJ O'Rourke

Those who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Yea and in my county the interagency gang team lost the support of multiple municipalities that feel the gang problem isn't severe enough to devote officers full time to it. Talk about an ostrich putting it's head in the sand. Why is it that some cities are so freaking stupid about saving a dime in the short run, which will end up hurting them so much in the long run.
    Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

In Metro Atlanta The Gang Problem Has Gotten Completely Out Of Hand . Almost All California Hispanic Based Gangs Have Taken Root And Continue To Grow At A Alarming Rate , We Also Have Chicago Based Gangs Like Vicelords And Gangsta Deciples , And Of Course We Have L.a. Based Gangs Like Crips And Bloods . With Atlanta Becoming A Major Melting Pot This Trend Will Probably Continue As We Have Seen The Rise In Asian Gangs Here Too. Several Metro Atlanta Police Agencies Have A Gang Task Force , But Due To Agencies Not Always Being On The Same Page Gangs Are Able To Go From Community To Community Undocumented Where They Gain New Members . Hopefully We Will Find Some Way Of Ridding Are Communities Of This Scourge .
      STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING .

Comment

Which is what makes the 500 they caught the other day so laughable. 26 of those were in Metro LA, honestly, you can throw a rock and hit 26 of them in Compton alone!!
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pateshane
          In Metro Atlanta The Gang Problem Has Gotten Completely Out Of Hand . Almost All California Hispanic Based Gangs Have Taken Root And Continue To Grow At A Alarming Rate , We Also Have Chicago Based Gangs Like Vicelords And Gangsta Deciples , And Of Course We Have L.a. Based Gangs Like Crips And Bloods . With Atlanta Becoming A Major Melting Pot This Trend Will Probably Continue As We Have Seen The Rise In Asian Gangs Here Too. Several Metro Atlanta Police Agencies Have A Gang Task Force , But Due To Agencies Not Always Being On The Same Page Gangs Are Able To Go From Community To Community Undocumented Where They Gain New Members . Hopefully We Will Find Some Way Of Ridding Are Communities Of This Scourge .
          You mean like found a groups like the Georgia Gang Investigators Association? You're a genius, Shane.
          You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

what I hate is that departments rob from patrol...example, There are Gang Strike Forces, Naroctic task forces, Fugitive gang task forces, organized crime task forces, all robbign bodies from Patrol and they are almost always going after the same people, How about combine some of these and give patrol back the bodies they need to man the watches.
            Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
              Which is what makes the 500 they caught the other day so laughable. 26 of those were in Metro LA, honestly, you can throw a rock and hit 26 of them in Compton alone!!
              Talking about the task force they put together in Cali?

Comment

No, I'm talking about the Fed task force that took out the 500 MS13 members. How could they only find 26 in LA Our local task forces do an outstanding job when they do the mass OC/LA sweeps.
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                  No, I'm talking about the Fed task force that took out the 500 MS13 members. How could they only find 26 in LA Our local task forces do an outstanding job when they do the mass OC/LA sweeps.
                  Yeah I just remember a few weeks back an article about LA and some other agencies going through and getting the gang members associated with the gang who has killed two LA cops, one back in the 80's I believe and the other in 2004.

Comment

Lately Ive Been Hearing Alot About A Gang Called M.s.13 Any Body Out There Have Any Information Or Interaction With Theese Creeps .
                    STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING .

Comment

Originally posted by pateshane
                      Lately Ive Been Hearing Alot About A Gang Called M.s.13 Any Body Out There Have Any Information Or Interaction With Theese Creeps .
                      Are they a Hispanic gang?

Comment

They are El Salvadorian and very ruthless. Plug their name into Google and see what comes up.
                        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
                          They are El Salvadorian and very ruthless. Plug their name into Google and see what comes up.
                          Hrm may have to loo at that. Are they located in California only?

Comment

They are all over. As I said plug it into Google and look for yourself.
                            Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
                              They are all over. As I said plug it into Google and look for yourself.
                              33 States and climbing. Very interesting. Too bad they won't be curbed and only grow worse.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5421 users online. 310 members and 5111 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X