Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right place at the right time.....for once.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Right place at the right time.....for once.

    I worked 'Halloween Patrol' last night, with 5 other officers(normal patrol would have had 3). We were supposed to forego most routine traffic patrol, in favor of hitting the residential areas 'hot and heavy', what with all the kids out.

    BTW, there was a MARKED difference in THIS year's Halloween when compared to last year's(9/11).

    ANYway....while patrolling a neighborhood in a 'slick topped' unit, I fell in behind a pickup that was rapidly pulling away from me. Mind you, this was on a 2-lane residential street with kids/parents out Trick-or-Treating.

    I ended up nabbing him for 55/30, no DL, driving on a revoked DL and violation of open container ordinance. '10-15' x(1) to jail.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

  • #2
    i got one last night, but not quite that good. i was sitting watching an intersection where a lot of kids were crossing. a local turd i've been after (he's complained on me before for providing more police protection than he wanted) decided it'd be a good idea to do a nice big burnout. that was of course after he waited for the kids to clear the intersection. the look on his face when he saw that it was me who pulled him over....priceless.

    Comment


    • #3
      quote:
      Originally posted by shooter1201:
      I worked 'Halloween Patrol' last night, with 5 other officers(normal patrol would have had 3). We were supposed to forego most routine traffic patrol, in favor of hitting the residential areas 'hot and heavy', what with all the kids out.

      BTW, there was a MARKED difference in THIS year's Halloween when compared to last year's(9/11).

      ANYway....while patrolling a neighborhood in a 'slick topped' unit, I fell in behind a pickup that was rapidly pulling away from me. Mind you, this was on a 2-lane residential street with kids/parents out Trick-or-Treating.

      I ended up nabbing him for 55/30, no DL, driving on a revoked DL and violation of open container ordinance. '10-15' x(1) to jail.

      I worked 13-23 last night, and only got out and about about 17:00. I stuck mainly to the highways, of course. It was quiet around here, particularly since it was about 0 F!

      I am amazed that you put the guy in the bucket for those charges. I guess I have spent too long at too quiet a spot with bosses that have been too concerned about budgets and the costs of lodging prisoners.

      I have certainly run into similar situations, but unless the person was from out of the Province, had outstanding Warrants or was also committing one or more criminal offences it would be 3 tickets, tow the vehicle and make him walk home.
      #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
      Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
      RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
      Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
      "Smile" - no!

      Comment


      • #4
        A woman trick-or-treating with her kids saw two cars driving on a residential street rather fast so she flagged one down & told them (teenagers) to slow down because of the trick-or-treaters. The kids cussed her out & one of them threw an egg at her hitting her. She called the cops. Believe it or not but the stupid teens stayed in the area & we got them. Confiscated several cartons of eggs & three large water guns. The woman doesn't know which one actually threw the egg but we're going to let the City Attorney look at it & see about filing a charge. At least names were taken & parents were called.

        Comment


        • #5
          quote:
          Originally posted by PeteBroccolo:
          I have certainly run into similar situations, but unless the person was from out of the Province, had outstanding Warrants or was also committing one or more criminal offences it would be 3 tickets, tow the vehicle and make him walk home.

          our policy is similar. we can only arrest if A: they are wanted, B: their identity is unclear, C: they are known to have violated promise to appear, D: approval from a supervisor.

          a suspended DL is a class B (arrestable offense), but the norm is to issue a citation for no DL because it takes forever to get confirmation from the state that the DL is actually suspended.

          as far as towing, i wish we could. DPS here does it sometimes, but we can't.

          Comment


          • #6
            Pete...

            In Tennessee, 'Driving on a Revoked DL' is an arrestable offense. His license was 'revoked for DUI' 2 years ago. He became elligible for reinstatement last June, but never applied.

            Oh, yeah...he also had 3 FTAs for 'Failure to Satisfy'.

            If I had really wanted to stick it to him, I could have cited him for speeding 2xs, due to clocking him in 2 separate zones prior to lighting him up. I could have also cited him for 'Reckless Driving', what with him going 25mph over AND in a residential area WITH children out.

            Did I mention I seized the 2001 GMC pickup he was driving?

            [ 11-01-2002, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
            -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

            Comment


            • #7
              quote:
              Oh, yeah...he also had 3 FTAs for 'Failure to Satisfy'.

              Bwahahahaha! That just sounds.. wrong! I bet a lot of guys could be charged with that one [Wink]
              No partner is worth your tears -
              the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

              <a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

              Comment


              • #8
                Can't ANYONE start a thread here without it being turned into 'just another SEX thread'? LOL
                "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

                Comment


                • #9
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by shooter1201:
                  Pete...

                  In Tennessee, 'Driving on a Revoked DL' is an arrestable offense. His license was 'revoked for DUI' 2 years ago. He became elligible for reinstatement last June, but never applied.

                  Oh, yeah...he also had 3 FTAs for 'Failure to Satisfy'.

                  If I had really wanted to stick it to him, I could have cited him for speeding 2xs, due to clocking him in 2 separate zones prior to lighting him up. I could have also cited him for 'Reckless Driving', what with him going 25mph over AND in a residential area WITH children out.

                  Did I mention I seized the 2001 GMC pickup he was driving?

                  Oh, okay - FTA Court - THAT, I understand!

                  "Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a winner! Tell him, and the audience, what he has won, Johnny!"

                  "Well, Carl, he starts off with a well-worn pair of S&W's finest chain-linked cuffs, for his sorry wrists. Followed by a trip in one of the city's finest patrol cars, expertly driven by none other than Shooter. He will receive the complimentary strip search, then bed down in one of the city's many none-too-well padded jail cell beds. But, wait - that's not all! Following an early morning plate of toast and coffee, he has an appointment with the County Judge, who, I have learned through sources, is in a VERY bad mood these days! Back to you, Carl!"
                  #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                  Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                  RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                  Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                  "Smile" - no!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    And they say Canadians lack a sense of humor......LOL
                    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by shooter1201:


                      Did I mention I seized the 2001 GMC pickup he was driving?

                      how do you seize it for traffic?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He was driving on a revoked DL...revoked for DUI. Tennessee allows the seizure under those cicumstances.
                        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by RachelR:
                          quote:
                          Oh, yeah...he also had 3 FTAs for 'Failure to Satisfy'.

                          Bwahahahaha! That just sounds.. wrong! I bet a lot of guys could be charged with that one [Wink]
                          Sorry to hear that Rachel. Better luck next time. [Wink]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            LMAO!!!  -
                            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                            -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              RACHEL.... I Concur!
                              Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5584 users online. 365 members and 5219 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X