Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother and son shot after traffic dispute

http://tinyurl.com/beabk

What in the Wide, Wde World of Sports is going on?
    America wasn't founded so that we could all be better. America was founded so we could all be anything we damned well pleased. -PJ O'Rourke

Those who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I really think it's time you guys give up your right to bear arms or at least get some sort of bullet control. I never thought I'd actually agree with something Chris Rock would say, but he's right. That's nuts. I'm starting to see why my dad told me not to look at anyone while he was driving when we were in Minneapolis a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
      I really think it's time you guys give up your right to bear arms
      Yeah sure, make the tools go away, that will solve all of the problems.

The mother and son did not need to be shot but people in road rage incidents need to realize that it takes two to tango. Driving is NOT worth getting so worked up over.
      Last edited by Welpe; 08-04-2005, 10:23 PM.
      Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
        Yeah sure, make the tools go away, that will solve all of the problems.
        You can't shoot someone if you don't have a gun. It won't solve all the problems, but it will help lower the death rate. Look at Canada. We don't walk around with guns and we have WAY less shootings than you do. Most of us don't even lock our doors when we're home.

Comment

Ignoring what would happen if guns never existed (because that is not reality), do you realize that only law abiding citizens would actually turn in their guns (OK and maybe the very stupid criminals)? Why would a criminal who illegally owns a gun give theirs up because suddenly the government demanded it? They wouldn't, in fact it would make life for them much easier.

The right to keep and bear arms is highly cherished by many Americans, and as it should be. It is second only to freedom of speech, press and religious expression in the rights recognized by our founding fathers. The right to bear arms was put into place to ensure that a tyrannical government could not be formed without opposition. That may sound extremist to you, but that is the truth.

Despite what you believe, most Americans do not carry guns with them any more. And as I said in another thread, blood does not flow freely through the streets here. In fact, there are many places in this country where you can leave your door unlocked. Ask people in urban areas of Canada if they leave their doors unlocked. I bet you'll be laughed at.

How is it that as a nation we had people carrying weapons for so many years and yet firearm violence was fairly minimal? The high jump in shootings is only a fairly recent phenomenon, yet Americans have enjoyed their rights to keep and bear arms for just as long.

The problem is a lot more complex then just guns. It is disturbing people are willing to kill others over trivial things such as road rage, but to blame guns for that is not logical.

Besides, if there were no guns, there are many other ways to kill someone.
          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

You can't shoot someone if you don't have a gun. It won't solve all the problems, but it will help lower the death rate. Look at Canada. We don't walk around with guns and we have WAY less shootings than you do. Most of us don't even lock our doors when we're home.
            Spee-Dee hate to do it.....but if you insist on following this line of thinking on this sight. you sure ain't going to last long.

you can't speed if you don't have a car, so we should take everybody's car away?? It will lower the death rates on the highway...

We don't punish millions just because a few screw up.
            Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up
              Spee-Dee hate to do it.....but if you insist on following this line of thinking on this sight. you sure ain't going to last long.

you can't speed if you don't have a car, so we should take everybody's car away?? It will lower the death rates on the highway...

We don't punish millions just because a few screw up.
              Why is it though that Canada can get by so well without hand guns, but yet the US can't? Do you really need a gun?

Comment

We have guns here in the US because it is our right to keep and bear arms. Countries that do not allow their citizens to have weapons end up shooting themselves in the foot. The United Kingdom would not have half the problems they have had if they had allowed their citizens to have guns and arm their police, then their problems would be fewer and far in between. If the English Law Enforcement armed their officers they would be able to react swiftly and if need be the deadly force to nuetrelize the situation. I think that it's ****ed up that armed thugs would laugh when old Scotland Yard shows up to deal with them, but **** their pants when the SAS is called up. You take away guns from the law abiding citizens you are throwing them to the wolves, to be preyed upon and decimated.
                Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

Might it also have something to do with the fact that we have quite a few more people per square mile and therefore more angry people stuck in traffic?

Why is it though that Canada can get by so well without hand guns, but yet the US can't? Do you really need a gun?
                  "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Why is it though that Canada can get by so well without hand guns, but yet the US can't?
                    Different countries maybe? What may work in Canada, does not necessarily work elsewhere. Your country has chosen its stance on firearms and evidently most of the citizens agree with it. So be it, however don't you find it a bit presumptuous to be telling Americans to give up one of their most important rights because "Canadians don't need it"?
                    Last edited by Welpe; 08-04-2005, 11:42 PM.

Comment

The U.S. isn't violent because we have guns. It's violent because we have AMERICANS. Unfortunately, it's part of our collective culture. We could send all of our guns to Canada, and they would still likely have a low crime rate, eh? Taking away guns is over-simplifying the problem, and creating a bigger one. As was mentioned, people who commit crimes with guns are criminals...the vast majority of criminals aren't going to give up their guns, because they have them illegally in the first place.
                      There is the occasional exception where someone has a gun legally and goes postal at work or something. But the exception proves the rule. Besides, even if guns were banned, there'd still be a black market for them.

And to answer your second question, YES, I really need a gun.
                      Last edited by Washingtonian; 08-04-2005, 11:48 PM.
                      Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

I really think it's time you guys give up your right to bear arms
                        Give up my [email protected]#%[email protected]^$#@^%[email protected]##@@&$#%....I would just as soon run naked through razor wire!!!

I am a proud American, many of our forefathers fought and died to give us the right to bear arms, we should cherish it, not toss it aside because of a few dumbasses!!
                        Don't worry...all bleeding stops eventually!!

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
                          Despite what you believe, most Americans do not carry guns with them any more. And as I said in another thread, blood does not flow freely through the streets here. In fact, there are many places in this country where you can leave your door unlocked. Ask people in urban areas of Canada if they leave their doors unlocked. I bet you'll be laughed at.
                          I have lived my whole life in the big city and there as a time if you didn't live in the downtown core you could leave your door open. Now, the door is checked throughout the day/night and if it's ever found unlocked, it's locked.

The violence here has gone through the roof. I think this year or next Canadians will be in for a big surpise when stats can release the murder rates. The numbers always look so much lower than the US murder rate, because most people forget to multiple it by 10.

Also there was a time in the late 80s early 90s where we had 4 times the residential B&E rate as Seattle. Why, because ****heads don't get shot climbing through bedroom windows in Canada. The expectation is that you give the bad guy a way out, and no one gets hurt over property.

So what have we become? A country of suck asses. If putting drug dealers and drug addicts in jail is to hard, hell, lets just legalize it. Your a cop that gets assaulted, jez, you should have picked a different job if you don't like it.

We have nearly 30,000,000 people in Canada, and less 30,000 people in jail/prison on any giving night. If the public only knew how dangerous some of people sitting on the bus next to them, they'd have a heart attack. They'd be out buying handguns!!!

Street checked a guy last week. He needed my business card to give his parole officer. He had just gotten out after serving a half of his 3 year sentence for stabbing a guy to death in a bar fight. Just a normal looking 25yr guy (Murderer)

So which of our countries does things right? I don't know, I see problems on both sides of the borders.
                          Last edited by cst.sb; 08-05-2005, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the perspective, cst.

Speaking of B&E, there was an incident in my small town of dirtbag breaking into a guy's house. He then kicked in the bedroom door, only to be greeted with a pistol in his face. He got the heck out of there right quick and is quite lucky he didn't get shot.

Comment

I really think it's time you guys give up your right to bear arms or at least get some sort of bullet control. I never thought I'd actually agree with something Chris Rock would say, but he's right. That's nuts. I'm starting to see why my dad told me not to look at anyone while he was driving when we were in Minneapolis a few years ago.
                              Are you by chance, French?
                              "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4818 users online. 269 members and 4549 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X