Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Chewing Gum Unprofessional?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Chewing Gum Unprofessional?

    OK, you might think this is a rather stupid poll, but I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about chewing gum on-duty.
    59
    Always.
    13.56%
    8
    Only if you're chewing like a cow.
    79.66%
    47
    No, go ahead.
    6.78%
    4
    Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

  • #2
    Considering the fact that you deal with people all day. I would always pop a piece in my mouth, so I had nice breath. NO ONE LIKES A COP WITH BAD BREATH.
    Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

    Comment


    • #3
      If you're not chewing it like a cow and popping bubbles in other people's faces then it's fine. Keep in mind that it can become a choking hazard if you're job gets a little bit more exciting.

      Just out of curiousity, did you pull someone over while chewing gum and get reamed out from them for it being unprofessional and rude? I get that all the time at work. Mind you, I don't work in law enforcement yet, but I do deal with inconsiderate jerks. (I work at Wally World).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Spee-Dee
        Just out of curiousity, did you pull someone over while chewing gum and get reamed out from them for it being unprofessional and rude?
        No. I try to refrain from chewing gum in uniform though. I choked on a granola bar at my last detail and a couple months ago I swallowed a hard candy whole at one point when I was startled.
        Me + Food + Laughter =
        Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by letshearit4blue
          No. I try to refrain from chewing gum in uniform though. I choked on a granola bar at my last detail and a couple months ago I swallowed a hard candy whole at one point when I was startled.
          Me + Food + Laughter =
          I have a bad habit of laughing while drinking something and it ends up coming out my nose. Not very attractive. I choke on my coffee all the time too.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'd rather see a cop with chewing gum in his mouth than a wad of tobacco stuck behind his (her?) lip. Not only that, but the spit cup in the car is rather disgusting, and so are streaks on the side of the car from spitting.
            Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by keith758
              Not only that, but the spit cup in the car is rather disgusting, and so are streaks on the side of the car from spitting.
              Not to mention the actual sight of watching an officer driving down the road spitting tobacco out while he's driving.

              I caught a police officer smoking in his squad car once. That looked very unprofessional to me.

              Comment


              • #8
                wow....great minds huh?
                An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

                Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

                Comment


                • #9
                  WORD! Chewing tobacki is nasty. A lot of my boys do it. Its nasty.
                  Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by keith758
                    I'd rather see a cop with chewing gum in his mouth than a wad of tobacco stuck behind his (her?) lip. Not only that, but the spit cup in the car is rather disgusting, and so are streaks on the side of the car from spitting.
                    Bingo Bingo Bingo. U took the thoughts right from my head, kinda scary but its true. Plus the patrol car stinks to high freakin heaven after getting in it after a chewer. If they can chew and spit and streak the car, I should be able to lite up a small nice smelling cigar.
                    I got nothing for now

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Chewing gum, or anything else for that matter, has been proven to enhance your ability to use your Olfactory senses. In short, it helps you smell alcohol or marijuana during subject stops.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                        I have a bad habit of laughing while drinking something and it ends up coming out my nose. Not very attractive. I choke on my coffee all the time too.
                        My buddies make me laugh on purpose whenever they see me drinking something hot.
                        And then they all make jokes about what happens next...
                        Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                          I caught a police officer smoking in his squad car once. That looked very unprofessional to me.
                          Especially when it's your DARE officer...
                          Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah smoking...............

                            I am not an officer, but would like to share...........

                            Last week I was driving on the interstate when I saw an officer in full uniform, driving his own vehicle. He was laughing hysterically on his cell phone all while puffing away on a cigarette. I usually don't see anything that unprofessional around here. The public image of the
                            County Police Department was for a moment there tarnished in a way. I would take allot of pride in wearing such a uniform, but he did not. Perhaps a probie? I don't know? FYI, using a cell phone while driving is against the law in NY State. I understand he is a MOS, but for public image reasons that's not too cool. His conversation was obviously not work related. But if it was that important?, I will never know. The Highway Troopers don

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              [QUOTE=REDIWHIP]I am not an officer, but would like to share...........

                              Last week I was driving on the interstate when I saw an officer in full uniform, driving his own vehicle. He was laughing hysterically on his cell phone all while puffing away on a cigarette. I usually don't see anything that unprofessional around here. The public image of the
                              County Police Department was for a moment there tarnished in a way. I would take allot of pride in wearing such a uniform, but he did not. Perhaps a probie? I don't know? FYI, using a cell phone while driving is against the law in NY State. I understand he is a MOS, but for public image reasons that's not too cool. His conversation was obviously not work related. But if it was that important?, I will never know. The Highway Troopers don

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6119 users online. 324 members and 5795 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X