300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you carry a TASER??

Do you lock it up like a firearm during booking in the jail??? Can't believe I have to ask this but my boss thinks we should, tell me what your dept. does if anything. I think we oughta just carry them and not put em up.
    Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

I cary mine in the jail. I carry my asp and my oc, the Tazer is the same level as the OC so I don't see why not. The guns stay in the car.

-web
    "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

As soon as we pull into the Sally Port we have to lock everything (firearm, taser, baton, extra magazines, we don't use OC spray, pocket knife, etc,) in the trunk before we can enter the jail. Hasn't been a problem so far.
      Courage is not defined by those who fought and fell...but by those who fought, fell and rose again!

Comment

I specifically tell my guys to leave their TASER on when they take a prisoner into the lockup. They also leave their OC on their belt. All guns, knives, and impact weapons get locked up.
        Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

The only thing I lock up is my duty weapon. I know of multipal incidents in which tasers were used inside my counties jail to protect officers from combative prisoners, and to break up fights between prisoners. Most of the time the mere presence of a Taser will prevent a boligerant prisoner from becoming a combative one. They know you won't shoot them for taking a swing at you, but they've realized that we won't hesitate to use the tazer.

Comment

Our County Jail requires that we lock up the entire Sam Browne belt while we're in the sallyport. Nothing gets brought in except the cuffs the prisoner is wearing.

A pain in the butt.

Comment

All weapons must be secured in the sallyport before entering booking. The *only* exception is OC spray. That's how they do things around here!

Comment

For us, we have to take off our weapon, extra magazines, baton, O/C, taser, etc... All we can have is our cuffs.
                In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

When booking, we secure only our firearm & any knives. Everything else is good to go. We process tens of thousands per year through our jail.
                  Last edited by Stan Switek; 08-04-2005, 10:48 AM.

Comment

No tazers, firearms, or knives are brought into our jail. Once an inmate is in the secure confines of the facility, they are under the custody and control of the jail and it's staff. If they cause a problem, the C.O.s are the persons responsible for handling it.
                    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

We just lock our pistolas and many of us drop the mag as well. Everything else is up to your own comfort level..

We often call for taser members to cells when we have a problem prisoner. It's interesting to see how fast the behaviour changes when once they have that little red dot on them!

Comment

I've worked in a prison and I'd much rather have someone use a tazer than release spray inside. Once a cell has been sprayed it has to be cleared and that was just more work for me.

Comment

when we eneter our pd's holding facility we lock up the guns and knives. Personally I carry the oc spray and taser into the jail. Most do, some don't. Our policy says no firearms. You decide from there.

When we enter the county jail we have to take off all weapons, even the extra mags.

Comment

We just lock up the guns and magazines. Taser, OC, etc. all stays with us.
                            MAC

Comment

Guns, mags and knives (that are visible... ) stay in car, everything else, including tasers, can be brought inside the jail.
                              Aggression will save you when caution won't.
                              -Kent Anderson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3159 users online. 191 members and 2968 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X