Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impartial Policing (Not the best subject) Was this this guy a bit out of line?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Why do you get pulled over on a regular basis.

2. Why is tossing someone's name around an "option" when you get pulled over for "driving like a moron" by your own admission.

3. Is the name you toss around the reason WHY you feel you can go around "driving like a moron."

You've used this person's name the two times the opportunity presented itself. He's going to get sick of it...if he isn't already.

Comment

Good questions CPD!

Sounds as if she has driving or "police" issues.

Comment

Originally posted by CPDZone9
        1. Why do you get pulled over on a regular basis.

2. Why is tossing someone's name around an "option" when you get pulled over for "driving like a moron" by your own admission.

3. Is the name you toss around the reason WHY you feel you can go around "driving like a moron."

You've used this person's name the two times the opportunity presented itself. He's going to get sick of it...if he isn't already.
        I never used his name once! My mom tells me to, but I won't because I don't think it's right. Is the concept of having someone who is associated with a police officer not want to use his name to get out of tickets an uncommon thing or something? I don't think that it is my place to start tossing names around. The guy that pulled me over just assumed that I thought it was my CIL still behind me, but as I said before I thought that they had both gone straight back onto the highway and slow drivers annoy me. I figured out how he knew who I was anyways. He was the same guy who was standing next to my CIL in line at Tim Hortons while I was talking to my CIL amd my CIL told him who I was after I left.

I get pulled over frequently because the city police who run traffic services here are power-hungry jerks and they know my car. I live in a small city (pop. 125,000) and there's not that many traffic cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
          I get pulled over frequently because the city police who run traffic services here are power-hungry jerks and they know my car. I live in a small city (pop. 125,000) and there's not that many traffic cops.
          You probably get pulled over a lot becuase you drive too fast. Don't blame the officer for your poor driving.

Also, in a city with a population of 125K (wouldn't even call that small) it is very easy to find a stop. My metro area only has 75K and there is plenty of cars to stop. So i highly doubt they stop you because they know your car.

Comment

I never used his name once!
            Okay, then I misread. Sorry.

Know your car? Knowing you & "your car" results in either a wave or nothing at all unless you...

...thought that they went straight onto the highway and were no longer behind me...started driving like a moron (124 in a 90 zone tailgating and cutting people off, but I was signaling and traffic wasn't very heavy.)
            Drive like a moron.

Comment

That's labeling and you are going to give the traffic cops come here self esteem issues. Heck, they might even stop wearing the mirrored sunglasses!! j/k

I'm sorry if this offends you, but you are really showing some maturity issues. The police, and trust me when I say this, have better things to do than be power hungry jerks.

If you live in a small city of a 125,000 people with, "not that many cops" you should NEVER be pulled over, let alone having your car searched for drugs, or have to name drop. And your mother counsels you to name drop? Does she have the odd police interaction as well? You should be showing you CIL more respect by doing your utmost to stay off the radar.

If and when you apply, and if you make it to the interview stage the member interviewing you is going to have read every police interaction you've ever had. That's means every 911 call, good or bad, every traffic ticket, and every file you've been carded too.

And there should be no "I'm do for one" with traffic tickets. If you are thinking like that you might need to address your driving habits! The family you kill might be mine!

Comment

Here's some rocket science for ya,,SLOW DOWN. It's not the LEO's fault you're a moron,,he's doing his job. Or, alternatively, you can go on thinking you are so important that there's a conspiracy against you. At it's helm is your beloved mommy who wants you to use your CIL to gain favors from the POlice because YOU act like a moron and break da law.
                Minimum effort yeilds minimal results

Comment

Hey Spee-Dee

What was the name of that book about not getting speeding tickets you were talking about in another thread???? I think I want to look that one up
                  Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here it is. It was from "Ask A Cop"
                    Ah, I still think it's true to some extent in my city. Never seen a cop here without mirrored sunglasses and it's something that's even mentioned the book I found on the internet called Speeders' Guide to Avoiding Tickets . Very interesting book written by a retired cop. No where does it mention to not speed.
                    Minimum effort yeilds minimal results

Comment

Originally posted by beano00
                      Here it is. It was from "Ask A Cop"

I made an error. It's called A Speeder's Guide to Avoiding Tickets I found it "used" on Amazon.ca for $3. It's regularly $16 Cdn, but the one I got was brand new.

Yes, I have learned my lesson from that traffic stop. One thing I will point out is that I have been driving like a moron long before my CIL came along. (I haven't even known him for a year yet.) Those of you who accuse me of thinking I can drive like a moron because of him, I'd also like to point out that if anything, my driving has improved since he came along.

Cst. sb, you're right; I should show my CIL more respect by trying to stay off the radar.

I feel stupid now.
                      Last edited by Spee-Dee; 08-06-2005, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I just have to say that until this thread I had never heard of a "cousin in law". I must be very sheltered....I gotta get out more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue One
                          I just have to say that until this thread I had never heard of a "cousin in law". I must be very sheltered....I gotta get out more often.
                          I never knew what to refer to him as after he married my cousin. Let's face it, saying "my cousin's husband" over and over again gets a little annoying. Sometimes I'd get myself too mixed up and start calling him my cousin's wife too. CIL is less confusing. Actually, it was the police officer that pulled me over who called him my CIL so I decided to start using it myself.

Comment

Hey Spee Dee,

PM'd you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4161 users online. 294 members and 3867 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X