300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Ohio Marines KILLED This Week

It was bad enough to loose 6 young Marines but yesterday a road side bomb killed 14 more all from the same Marine Unit from Ohio.
    I think we either get out of Iraq or we kill'em all and let GOD SORT'EM OUT.

There is no sense in our soldiers dying in a country that for the most parts hates AMERICA.

Agreed.

I grieve for those brave brothers, fathers and sons who's sacrifice will never be adequately appreciated by the very people they died for.
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

I think we need to pull all the guys and girls out and turn it into a parking lot.
      Anyone who believes "the customer is always right" has never been a police officer.

Comment

I like things that glow in the dark..

Especially american-hating countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
          There is no sense in our soldiers dying in a country that for the most parts hates AMERICA.
          I disagree. From people I've heard from overseas, the vast majority of the people love and support the US in helping them gain their newfound freedom. The only reason you don't hear about them, IMO, is because then the media, by reporting silly things like the truth, wouldn't be able to make George Bush look like an evil, tyrannical warmonger and we just can't have that.

To simply say that what we're doing over there is a lost cause means our troops died for no reason. That's the worst disservice we could do to their memory.

They liberated a people from the thralls of an evil dictator. They are now their make sure all the ashes of that fire are out, so that when they leave another fire won't start in it's place. They died as they lived, as heroes, and that's how they should be remembered.
          You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

As an Ohioan and Citizen-Soldier I too am saddened at the loss. I am quite certain that they were driving on an unpaved road when it happened. They probably didn't have a choice and had to drive on it. My job here in Iraq is to look for roadside bombs, and that is generally how the insurgents attack a tracked vehicle, they hit it from underneath. That is their tactic, they attack wheeled vehicles on the paved highways. The 48th BCT out of Georgia has lost two M2 Bradleys and 8 guys in a week the same way. I just wanted to shed a little light on what most likely happened. Please be careful of the news reports, they aren't always correct.

Al-Anbar province is by far the worst part of Iraq, and Bodie if you want to turn anything into a parking lot, it should be Syria. That is where the hard core extremists come from. If you thinks it takes a set of nuts to be a cop in the US, try being an Iraqi Policeman. Iraqi Police are foolishly brave. There are Iraqis who want to make a difference, not all of them are bad people. Baghdad is like the melting pot of Iraq because you have the Sunni, Shi'a, and Christians(Chaldean) living together. Al-Anbar is much more one sided with it being mostly Sunni, who make the core of the insurgency and bring in the foreign fighters.

Just please pray for the families of the Marines who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Comment

That just sucks. Twenty more reasons why we need to exit.

TGY
              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Really sucks since my guy's son is headed there in October...

I'd like to bring the troops home then maybe nuke the place??? Take out Syria and Iran while we're at it....

May be cold, but just my opinion.

Comment

I'm sick of our people dying over there. I voted for Bush, but if he isn't going to allow our military to do what is needed to win, like going after Syria/Iran, we need to leave now. At the beginning, when I saw that our soldiers were not allowed to attack Mosques used as sanctury by the enemy, I knew we were screwed. Not to mention the moral support given to the enemy by Democrats and the media, who constantly criticize the war effort and our own country. I don't like it when our soldiers are being prosecuted for so called "mistreatment" of enemy combatants or for incidents that happen in war. This is like bad episode of JAG (never liked that show). Saddam hasn't even had his "trial" yet and I've heard that he has hundreds of volunteer western lawyers working on his case, what damn joke. I can say that if we are exporting to Iraq our type of criminal justice system and all the other crap that goes along with it, Iraq will be a failure. If were not going in to kill the enemy, why are our guys doing patrols?
                  The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

When we lose police officers, we don't say we should pull out of the neighborhood or city.
                    When we don't have the support of the vocal citizens (radicals or thugs) of a neighborhood, we don't abandon the good people that need and want us there the most (the silent majority) and pull out.
                    When the media slams us, claims that we needlessly brutalize the populace or prisoners, and only talks about how crime is rampant instead of the good arrests we make, we don't give up.
                    When politicians point out our failures or our department's failures, we don't say that they were right, forget about the sacrifices of our comrades and what their cause, and give up.

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o
                      I'm sick of our people dying over there. I voted for Bush, but if he isn't going to allow our military to do what is needed to win, like going after Syria/Iran, we need to leave now. At the beginning, when I saw that our soldiers were not allowed to attack Mosques used as sanctury by the enemy, I knew we were screwed. Not to mention the moral support given to the enemy by Democrats and the media, who constantly criticize the war effort and our own country. I don't like it when our soldiers are being prosecuted for so called "mistreatment" of enemy combatants or for incidents that happen in war. This is like bad episode of JAG (never liked that show). Saddam hasn't even had his "trial" yet and I've heard that he has hundreds of volunteer western lawyers working on his case, what damn joke. I can say that if we are exporting to Iraq our type of criminal justice system and all the other crap that goes along with it, Iraq will be a failure. If were not going in to kill the enemy, why are our guys doing patrols?
                      I don't know where you are getting your information from, but you are very mistaken.
                      If someone is in a mosque shooting at us, we will shoot back with devastating firepower.
                      The president is definately not tying our hands over here.
                      We are not exporting our type of criminal justice system to Iraq. I have testified in an American court, and I have testified in an Iraqi court. There are big differences, and it is easier to send a bad guy to prison in Iraq than it is in America.
                      I don't know how you are in a position to say that we are not going to kill the enemy while on patrol. If we find a bad guy, we are going to try like hell to capture or kill him.
                      If you are a cop, I hope you are not misled so easily and are so quick to give up.

Comment

Originally posted by stalker3
                        When we lose police officers, we don't say we should pull out of the neighborhood or city.
                        When we investigate a crime and find that there is no evidence of that crime we stop the investigation and leave. If you want to compare police work to war then its time to leave the country since our investigation has turned up nothing (WMD).
                        Police work and war are seperate ideals and completly different procedures.

TGY
                        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy
                          If you want to compare police work to war then its time to leave the country since our investigation has turned up nothing (WMD).
                          TGY
                          WMD's...the reason we went to Iraq. I still get a kick out of that one!

Comment

Hell, most of the anger is because of economic ventures in the region that may people feel is an infringment on soveriegn control of the nation by it's own people. Hell if we could get our fingers out of their pie and pull the troops out I bet you could end much of the hostility.

Stay Safe!!!

NCHawk56

Comment

It makes me sick to my stomach to hear of fellow Marines dying...
                              Yes that's how my target looks when I'm done with it...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2841 users online. 162 members and 2679 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X