300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad drivers

what ****es you off more 1- tail gating someone *who is going the speed limit or just over* on a multi lane hwy 2- someone speeding on multi lane hwy *70 mph zone & going 85 or more* (****es you off may be the wrong phrase, but you get the point)

What ****es me off is people going below the speed limit in the fast lane when the sign clearly states "SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT". Do that in the States and you get your head blown off, or so I'm told.

The only other thing that ****es me off worse than that is when I'm driving on an undivided highway where the speed limit is 100 kph and it's really busy and some guy (often an RCMP officer running radar) is driving 90 kph and I can't pass because either A. there's too much on-coming traffic for me to pass or B. it's an RCMP officer and he'll pull me over if I pass him.

Comment

so is it safe to say that you are one of the people that i am talking about , as far as people driving slower, well the speed limit is just that, the maximum speed that you may travel, nothing says that you have to drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
        Do that in the States and you get your head blown off, or so I'm told.
        While road rage is an issue, blood does not flow freely through the streets here.
        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
          While road rage is an issue, blood does not flow freely through the streets here.
          LIAR what about all the freeway shootings in your neck of the sticks.

Comment

I HATE when im going 65 in a 65 or even a lil above(never more than 70 though) and some *** has to ride my *** like 5 feet from my bumper when he could easily pass. personally i hate following people on a highway because in my old car (59 Ford) im not sure how fast i can stop and dont wanna go plowing into someone so i tend to either slow up and let them well ahead of me or pass them when i get the chance

but the same thing when someone is tail gatting me that close theyre not ganna be able to react fast enough and theyre ganna plow into me, they wont do much damage to my car but it might send me out of control in would otherwise be just a normal but hard stop

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
              so is it safe to say that you are one of the people that i am talking about , as far as people driving slower, well the speed limit is just that, the maximum speed that you may travel, nothing says that you have to drive it.
              No, but you're also not allowed to impede traffic. When it's a long weekend and you got a massive long line up of cars driving behind you really close together because you're unable to drive the speed limit there's something wrong. If it was a divided highway it wouldn't be an issue because there's a passing lane. Most people on our highways drive 10 km over the speed limit. I'd just like to be able to drive the speed limit.

Comment

I call this the yo-yo effect. one guy running the speed limit, every one behind him trying to speed. You will speed up, bunch up, then slow down, repeat, repeat,repeat.
                As long as he is doing the speed limit, he has as much right to use any lane his vehicle is legal in. ( look up old thread by me. Traffic law question???) Back off and relax.....you will get there.
                Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up
                  I call this the yo-yo effect. one guy running the speed limit, every one behind him trying to speed. You will speed up, bunch up, then slow down, repeat, repeat,repeat.
                  As long as he is doing the speed limit, he has as much right to use any lane his vehicle is legal in. ( look up old thread by me. Traffic law question???) Back off and relax.....you will get there.
                  But that's just it. He's NOT going the speed limit. He's going 10 km under it. Saskatchewan has terrible and unsafe highways that having to pass mass amounts of cars using a lane that has on-coming traffic is a disaster waiting to happen. I hate undivided highways and I hate having to pass a car going 150 km in order to avoid a head-on collision. I also hate having to drive in the shoulder because some semi-driver decided to pass another semi in front of him but mis-judged the distance between my car and his semi.

Comment

But that's just it. He's NOT going the speed limit. He's going 10 km under it. Saskatchewan has terrible and unsafe highways that having to pass mass amounts of cars using a lane that has on-coming traffic is a disaster waiting to happen. I hate undivided highways and I hate having to pass a car going 150 km in order to avoid a head-on collision. I also hate having to drive in the shoulder because some semi-driver decided to pass another semi in front of him but mis-judged the distance between my car and his semi.
                    If you hate to do it or it's unsafe to do it, then why do it???? sounds like the guy going slow and keeping it safe might actually be doing the right thing. sit back relax... you will get there ( perhaps you should change your name to SLOW DOWN) just kidding

as for the semi. I hate when people speed up when I step out to pass. and semi drivers are not the only ones that will do this.
                    keep in mind that wrecks between cars and trucks are caused by the car between 75% to 80% of the time.....depending on which study you follow
                    Straight Up

Comment

If you hate to do it or it's unsafe to do it, then why do it???? sounds like the guy going slow and keeping it safe might actually be doing the right thing. sit back relax... you will get there ( perhaps you should change your name to SLOW DOWN) just kidding

as for the semi. I hate when people speed up when I step out to pass. and semi drivers are not the only ones that will do this.
                      keep in mind that wrecks between cars and trucks are caused by the car between 75% to 80% of the time.....depending on which study you follow
                      Saskatchewan only has two divided highways so chances are if I want to leave the city I have to go down an undivided highway. I have slowed down a lot. I went from driving 20+km over the speed limit to trying to drive the speed limit, but some guy in front of me wants to drive slower. I've slowed down about 40 km in total. Give me some credit.

Comment

No, but you're also not allowed to impede traffic. When it's a long weekend and you got a massive long line up of cars driving behind you really close together because you're unable to drive the speed limit there's something wrong. If it was a divided highway it wouldn't be an issue because there's a passing lane. Most people on our highways drive 10 km over the speed limit. I'd just like to be able to drive the speed limit.
                        where to start, just cause you re not driving the limit, doesnt mean you are impeding traffic. 40 in a 70 yes,,but after reading your posts, 6 tickets and youre only, what 20,,id say you qualify, once again read the post better, i was talking about on a 4lane road, not a 2lane, i was also talking about people driving the speed limit (or a hair under or over) & people still riding their butt. finally, if you are bitching about an officer driving under the limit (especially while working radar) then you need to think about another line of work, dont know about others, but when i went through fto, i was taught to drive slow unless im going to a call, but i do have to give you snaps on being tired, sluggish, not really paying attention cause you are so tired, it makes sense to want to get home as quickly as possible , and not being respectful of other drivers who are trying to be safe, like straight up said, "relax", you will get there, i promise, besides, with all the stop lights, stop signs, sharp corners, and what not, unless you double the speed limit, you wont save that much time. just look at the cars that you blow by, and then stop at a red light, they are right behind you.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                          where to start, just cause you re not driving the limit, doesnt mean you are impeding traffic. 40 in a 70 yes,,but after reading your posts, 6 tickets and youre only, what 20,,id say you qualify, once again read the post better, i was talking about on a 4lane road, not a 2lane, i was also talking about people driving the speed limit (or a hair under or over) & people still riding their butt. finally, if you are bitching about an officer driving under the limit (especially while working radar) then you need to think about another line of work, dont know about others, but when i went through fto, i was taught to drive slow unless im going to a call, but i do have to give you snaps on being tired, sluggish, not really paying attention cause you are so tired, it makes sense to want to get home as quickly as possible , and not being respectful of other drivers who are trying to be safe, like straight up said, "relax", you will get there, i promise, besides, with all the stop lights, stop signs, sharp corners, and what not, unless you double the speed limit, you wont save that much time. just look at the cars that you blow by, and then stop at a red light, they are right behind you.
                          4 lane roads? What are those? I'm assuming that your 4-lane roads are a close equivalent to our (scarce) divided highways. As for the officer running radar driving below the speed limit, if I knew he wasn't going to pull me over as soon as I pass him so that I can drive the speed limit, I wouldn't care. One of my six speeding tickets was just that. Passing an RCMP officer going 90 km (That's what it said on his radar screen as his speed) on an undivided highway in which the speed limit was 100 km. I like to be able to set my cruise control and conserve the gas. Not constantly having to brake and have some guy behind me riding my *** in his huge truck towing a 5th wheel camper and boat knowing very well that if he has to brake fast and hard, his truck is not going to be able to do it and he's coming through the back of my car. Yes, I got six speeding tickets. The first three were the worst ones. The last three were caused by mainly stupid stuff. 70 in a 50 zone because the mechanic switch my digital guages into miles to see how many km were on my car. There wasn't another car around me to compare my speed to and 50 mph is the same as 70 kph. The second one was the RCMP one and the last one was 50 in a 30 school zone that I completely forgot about because the sign that said 30 was missing. I never miss school zones. Why did the first one I miss have to have a speed trap?! *bangs head on desk*

Comment

Traffic is traffic. with millions of drivers with millions of points of views its not going to change.

You can approach traffic two ways:

Choose the latter, you will live longer, happier, and the LEO's on this site will appreciate the fact that they will not have to scrape your *** of the highway.
                            Straight Up

Comment

the LEO's on this site will appreciate the fact that they will not have to scrape your *** of the highway.
                              Yeah, that's one of the reasons I decided to stop speeding excessively over the speed limit, especially on the highways. Considering my CIL is a highway patrol officer I didn't think it was fair to put him in the position of coming across my smashed car and my dead body caused by an accident that probably could have been avoided had I not been speeding. That's what made me start crying on my way home after I got the nice long lecture for driving like a moron.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4447 users online. 231 members and 4216 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X