300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital cameras

I have a Kodak Easyshare. Every now and then, it goes kaflooey and my H gets really frustrated with it. Last night, I worked it a bit and found the problem. I've been on the computer a long time and I wondered how the company would expect novices to figure it out. My H keeps trying to uninstall and reinstall the program but still, nothing worked.
    I remembered from working with Netscape, that it always created a pathway in Program files I had to delete before it would work.
    So I deleted the pathway to Kodak and reinstalled...nothing. Then I wondered if there were any Easyshare programs left on the computer. So, I went to Explorer/tools/find and typed in Easyshare. Lo an behold, there were 3 files that had not uninstalled. I delted them...and the camera is working great.
    But what a hassle! I am only semi-good on this thing. My poor 80 year old neighbor is going crazy with this.
    Anyway, I thouht this might benefit someone from working with digital cameras. Often, with any program you uninstall, files are left over. Then, you have to make up your mind whether they are shared files are not because they could be used for other programs.
    Such is the way of Windows.

[ 11-01-2002, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5652 users online. 363 members and 5289 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X